Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mediocre fight with some bad editing. It already screamed 'generic' when I saw the trailer, which gave away most of the ending, it seems, so I'll Redbox it.
    A fight in the bathroom. Where did they get the idea for that? ;-)

Narrow Margin... True Lies... Kindergarten Cop?. :D

Terminator 3 ;)

SaintMark wrote:
    A fight in the bathroom. Where did they get the idea for that? ;-)

Narrow Margin... True Lies... Kindergarten Cop?. :D

Terminator 3 ;)

The Worlds End
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2014 Posts: 4,447
    I think we have another nomination for directer of photography (Looks simalar to QOS/Mi4) by Haris Zambarloukos and production designer (Looks simalar to QOS) by Andrew Laws for James Bond franchise. This said Art directer Neal Callow work on CR and QOS, Dean Clegg on QOS and possible what we see be made by them. The third Art directer work on Mi4 (And Die Another Day).

Vic Armstrong be the second united directer whyle he don't work on CR and QOS, he and the writer/directer must on some way be inspyred by those 2 Bond movies and Mi4.

jack-ryan-shadow-recruit-poster1-404x600.jpg

Dutch release date: 16 January 2014

4 million at Dutch boxoffice atleast. Mi4 did 5, Sherlock Holmes 2 did 4,3 and Sherlock Holmes almoost 4, Die Hard 5 did 3,5 and Bourne 4 did 2,4 and funny enough one place lower then Bourne 4 be This Means War with 2,3.
    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit only managed $17 million at the US Box Office, opening in fourth place and a further $22 million worldwide.

Safe to say, it's not a very promising opening. By contrast, Ride Along starring Ice Cube, despite being panned by critics, took the number one spot in America with over $40 million.

Go figure!
    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit only managed $17 million at the US Box Office, opening in fourth place and a further $22 million worldwide.

Safe to say, it's not a very promising opening. By contrast, Ride Along starring Ice Cube, despite being panned by critics, took the number one spot in America with over $40 million.

Go figure!

Funny thing is I will still go see the Jack Ryan movie! And yet I have never heard of Ride Along?!!! :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Margot Robbie has been cast as Jane in the new Tarzan movie directed by David Yates. One of the Skarsgård sons is Tarzan. Can this be any good? Certainly hope so, have not seen a good Tarzan adaptation since Greystoke.

Go figure!
    i figure noone outside the US will see an Ice Cube vehicle, while quite a lot of people will see Jack Ryan.

My boss invited a few of us out to go see 'Jack Ryan' today. We were all pumped and ready to go when the plan was for 'American Hustle,' but it left theaters around here so she went with 'Jack Ryan.' Mysteriously, all of us bailed one by one and she cancelled the plans. I had work, anyway, but it looks way too generic to warrant spending money on a ticket.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    My boss invited a few of us out to go see 'Jack Ryan' today. We were all pumped and ready to go when the plan was for 'American Hustle,' but it left theaters around here so she went with 'Jack Ryan.' Mysteriously, all of us bailed one by one and she cancelled the plans. I had work, anyway, but it looks way too generic to warrant spending money on a ticket.

Aww, your poor boss :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I like Knightley, but I think i'll wait for the DVD.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's a sad day for movie fans. Quentin Tarantino had finished a script called "The Hateful Eight" which was planned to be his next directorial western film, but after the script was leaked to the public he has lost interest in directing it and is abandoning it for another project. As a big fan of Django Unchained, this is saddening to me. I wanted to see another Tarantino styled western so badly, and the title of the script was intriguing. My only hope now is that his next project is a spy film. Fingers crossed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah I heard about QT's script being leaked. The problem wasn't that the script was leaked but that he had given the script to only 6 people and through one of the 6 the script was leaked before QT could make any necessary changes he wanted to make; as once he's fully content with his scripts he doesn't care about them being leaked in fact quite the opposite but I feel his pain and betrayal. Who ever did it was a major dick.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Yeah I heard about QT's script being leaked. The problem wasn't that the script was leaked but that he had given the script to only 6 people and through one of the 6 the script was leaked before QT could make any necessary changes he wanted to make; as once he's fully content with his scripts he doesn't care about them being leaked in fact quite the opposite but I feel his pain and betrayal. Who ever did it was a major dick.

He went further to say the leak came from one of three actors, or more specifically one of the actor's agents.

This is the quote he gave:

“I gave it to one of the producers on Django Unchained, Reggie Hudlin, and he let an agent come to his house and read it,” Tarantino said. “That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it. I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it, and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these fucking agents work, but I’m not making this next. I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. ”
    The script leaked online everywhere. He's just going to publish it now, so I'm going to read it.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 5,767
    They´re going to make a live action Ghost in the Shell. About time, one could say. But then why am I so sure they´ll f### it up?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113967

edited January 2014 Posts: 40,490
    boldfinger wrote:
    They´re going to make a live action Ghost in the Shell. About time, one could say. But then why am I so sure they´ll f### it up?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113967

I'm not an anime fan whatsoever, but you fear that it'll be screwed up because that's how almost everything is these days. It's a shame.

EDIT: Here are some photos from the set of 'Survivor,' the new thriller starring Milla Jovovich and Pierce Brosnan:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113981#/slide/17
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    It's so weird seeing him Brosnan short hair. I think it ages him, he should've kept it longer. It'll be nice to see him in an action film again though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Milla Jovovich in an Action/Thriller, consider me interested.
    It's so weird seeing him Brosnan short hair. I think it ages him, he should've kept it longer. It'll be nice to see him in an action film again though.
    He looks fine with that haircut. Makes him look a little more mean, which suits him fine.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2014 Posts: 4,447
    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit released on 16 January this year in The Netherlands.

Some movies mabey promote them selfs more, but Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit don't.

After 2 weeks Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit totaly delieverd $869,020 after all ready disapointed opening weak of $448,735 and with 82 screens. In third week Wolf Of Wallstreet with 123 screens deliever now more then 4 million. For the record $662,149 is what Bourne Legacy did in the first weak and after 2 weaks delieverd $1,265,117 with 97 screens. That movie already did les then This Means War & Safe House. Safe House delieverd $644,506 in the first weak with 55 screens. Also Mi4 (110 screens) disapointed with opening weak of $865,601, but that's because of Chrismis and did better in the first weak of January 2012 and after 2 weaks did $2,300,708.

Of course i can't denie in that in the trailers, tv spots and tv sneakprevies mabey spoil to much (not so much as Skyfall did) and there shoud be carefull next time. Of course People must pay € 9,50 or more for one ticket for 99 minutes movie.

One movie who delieverd les be Ender's Game. This movie released on 23 January 2014. Atleast it be good move that 3 Days to Kill with Kevin Costner in action movie, be delayd for 1 month from 20 February to 20 March 2014.

To remember, stil running:

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (19 December 2013)
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2 January 2014)
    Delivery Man (9 January 2014)
    Enough Said (16 January 2014)

Tomorrow be released in The Netherlands:

Out of the Furnace
    I, Frankenstein

In February we can expect:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Release date: 1 February 2014.
    American Hustle Release date: from 20 March to 6 February 2014.
    The Lego Movie Release date: 12 February 2014.
    RoboCop Release date: 13 February 2014.
    Mr. Peabody & Sherman Release date: 26 February 2014.
    Non-Stop Release date: 27 February 2014. Released 1 weak earlier.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Some images have been leaked from the TMNT set:

http://io9.com/michael-bays-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dont-look-t-1511487017

I'd take a look before they're taken down.
    they look good
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    They look pretty cool. Shredder's helmet looks fine, apart from the face shield. And what's up with his eyes? I'd still rather see Jessica Biel play April, who wanted the role.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    First look at Seth Macfarlane's A Million Ways to Die in the West:

WARNING: Lots of fruity language and gory scenes.

Whew, that looks really, really bad.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    It's not just me who thought that then.

A collection of knob gags = lowest common denominator.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Willy Thanks for the Warning!.
    Sorry Coggins, amended it now.
    First look at Seth Macfarlane's A Million Ways to Die in the West:

Amanda Seyfried, so there's a reason for me to watch this. But it looks like I will be fast-forwarding more than watching.