A Merry Christmas and the best wishes for 2014

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    My Father collapsed in the high-street on Christmas Eve while shopping with my brother. He had a heart attack and was back breathing again after what was said to be excellent CPR for one and a half hours.

This was unexpected as he was a fit and heathy man. His improvement by Christmas Day afternoon was said to be unheard of - a miracle. We were able to talk to him and he respond with yes and nos though he knew something was wrong and acknowledged that he could not feel his legs, we later found out he was paralysed from the waist down, it was just wonderful to speak to him again and say hello. Later his condition worsened and after having rushed home happy, by the time we got back to the hospital he had passed away.

His heart was too weak and had taken too much damage earlier. He died at 10:14 pm on Christmas Day aged 67. I have mentioned before my Mother died of cancer when I was 8, aged 48, so very sadly at only 24 I, my brother and two sisters have lost both their parents.

I should be online as much as time permits and am sorry to have to share this.

Merry Christmas to you all once again.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,810
    Very sorry to hear of your loss; so much the sadder at a time that is meant to be happy and to be shared with close family. You and your siblings and family will be in my thoughts and prayers, Samuel, if it is any small consolation. And don't be sorry to share things; we are a community here and will be here to help in whatever small way we collectively can.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Samuel001, unbelievable, I am incredibly sorry to hear of your loss. As Dragonpol said, with a day that should be about love, family, giving, it's very disheartening to hear of the loss of someone close to you at a time like that. Just like others before in these past few months, we're all here for you if you need anything at all.
  • @Samuel001, I'm very sorry to hear about what happened too, and especially at a time like this. We're all here for you if you need our support or anything at all. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for sure. My heartfelt condolences to you and and your entire family.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am very sorry to hear this news @Samuel, but please know that we are all here for you if you need a little support and comfort.
    @Samuel001 I'm absolutely stunned to have just read that. To have lost both your parents whilst you're still relatively young is incredibly tragic. And on Xmas Day as well. I offer you my very deepest sympathies and like others have said, I am here for you too.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks all. Life goes on and now I get to make him proud. Things are of course on hold, as being Christmas, everything is closed, so putting my Dad to rest could be a little way off. He went out on top, the best day of the year. He would have loved that.
  • Very sorry to hear that @Samuel001, terrible news. And at Christmas too, of all times. I'm here for you if you need me.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Dear God. I'm stunned. My deepest condolences for you Sam, and your family.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am also stunned and so deeply saddened about your father's passing away, @Samuel001. Many of us are here for you, if you'd like to PM us. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My deepest sympathies as well. Not much else to say, really. Just really sorry to hear about this. Be there for each other, that is all.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    My heartfelt condolences to you (and the rest of your family) @Samuel001. Sad news...
    @Samuel001my heart goes out to you and your family.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wow...that makes 3 users on this site who lost their father within 3 months... I'm deeply sorry for your loss @Samuel001, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If you need to talk, I'm happy to talk with open arms. Were all here for you.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss, @Samuel. You have my sincerest condolences. I'm glad you got another chance to speak to your dad before he passed. Don't be afraid to share anything on your mind, it's better to speak about it.
    Samuel, I am lost for words, but I you are in all of our thoughts at this time. We will always be here for you through thick and thin. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    A big thank you to everyone else who has commented. Tomorrow we can do a little more before the New Year though the week after is when we can really move on and plan things and the future.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,483
    Bloody Hell, Samuel. Just read this. Tragic news. Absolutely tragic. I wish I could be of some assistance to you, but that's really not on, is it? I do, however, empathize. In 2006 I lost my father to colon cancer. He was 62. Then, in 2009 I lost my mom to diabetic complications. She was also 62. And to cap things off, my brother, aged 40, was killed in a helicopter crash in Houston, Texas in 2012. So, when I was 45 years old I had lost my entire nuclear family. Not pleasant. Frightening, to be quite frank. But one does persevere and battle on.
    I'm sorry to hear that @khan. I'm thankful to have my three siblings, two married with children. What you've been through should not happen to anyone but life is tough. I recently wonder why have my family, and in a way I, been dealt this hand. I'll continue on regards, like I always do and hope 2014 is a good year.
  • I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, Samuel, but take nothing for granted. You are indeed fortunate to have siblings. Cherish them and be there for them as they are there for you.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I recently wonder why have my family, and in a way I, been dealt this hand.

That's just how the world works sadly. Bad things happen to good people. I grew up without my real parents (my mum died when I was one and my dad was in prison until my late teens), but luckily me and my brother and sister were fostered and then adopted when I was quite young. My adoptive dad, Danny, died a few years ago.

At first I couldn't think of him without feeling sad, but as more time as passed it has gotten easier. There are still some times where I'll think of him and I'll just feel depressed but now more often than not I smile at the memory of him. My point is, you might feel like shit now and it's not something you ever really get over, but it does get easier as time goes on.
    I'm shoked @Samuel001 by the news, even if I don't know you personally it is something I'm deeply sorry for. My sincere condolences.
    It makes me think, the situations you and Murlock and Baltimore have experienced and how I sometimes complain about petty things.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Before signing off- a happy new year to each and everyone. May it bring less tragedy and more joy. Walk tall and be thankful for all good things. See you.
    I wish 2014 brings all MI6 forum members the very best. Happy New Year.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    So what's everyone up to tonight then? Me and a couple of mates are doing a pub crawl. Ten bars, finishing at our local (which we're aiming to get to before midnight).
    Me and the other half are gorging on pizza, doritos, dips and lots and lots of alcohol. I expect to be vomiting over the toilet just past midnight. ;-)
    Less than 8 hours to go, finished baking for tonight, relaxing a wee bit while enjoying Murray Golds Doctor Who series 7.

May I wish all a happy 2014

@Samuel001 good luck and best wishes.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    A happy 2014 to all MI6 friends, lets make things better this year. Anyone having a drink or too this evening lads?

I think I'll have a martini.... stirred, not shaken hmm? -Dikko Henderson

"I get it from the doorman at the embassy... among certain other things..."
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    I'm going to restaurant with my family and have a good time and a good dinner.

BTW, I wish a very happy 2014 and a good health to everyone ! May this year be the best !
  • The Khantessa and I are meeting another couple at the best Italian restaurant in town. Perhaps, like Bond in Fleming's Thunderball, I'll score a plate of Spaghetti Bolognese and a bottle of Chianti, although I don't think I'll turn the double with Patricia Fearing in the back seat of a '33 Bentley. ;)

After this, I'll probably continue reading LALD until the old year lapses, and celebrate with a bit of bubbly or perhaps a Bell Ringer martini.

Happiest of New Years to you all.