The Ultimate James Bond Marathon 2013

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Been watching your videos- great effort so far, mate!

Remember- for England James ;)
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 126
    Time for the first energy drink I think - gonna need it to sit through Diamonds are Forever. The sun is rising - been going for almost 17 hours straight now.

Here we go then with the cheese fest embarassment of Diamonds are Forever. Welcome to the 70s Bond!

A glowing review of OHMSS

Diamonds are Forever about to finish - been going strong since 3pm Friday so that's about 19 hours as I write. Live and Let Die coming up as we enter the Roger Moore era!

12.20pm and The Man with the Golden Gun has started.

About half an hour into The Spy who Loved Me now as we reach the 24 hour mark of the marathon!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Go on James! Spy is one of my favorites. And just think, you can see Sir Rog ageing before your very eyes!
  • Regarding Goldfinger, I had some technical problems recently when watching From Russia With Love. Goldfinger was fine, though. And you're almost halfway there. Keep up the good work!
    Oh, that's interesting. I cleaned the discs thoroughly before starting the marathon but it was Goldfinger where Bond tries to de-lesbian Pussy Galore that just decided not to work so I'm about 20 mins behind on my original schedule at the moment. Spy who loved me about to finish tho so Moonraker on the way in 10 mins. Have always liked Spy but I'm looking forward to watching FYEO again.

Talking of disc problems, just had another freeze screen mid way through the Moonraker blu ray disc. Very annoying!

Officially half way through this mammoth marathon and about to start For Your Eyes Only!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Keep up the great work!
  • DB5DB5
    Enjoy your pizza, and the the rest of the Bond films!
    Was good pizza. Onto the last third of FYEO now.

30 hours of Bond completed. Moving onto Octopussy now...

From Octopussy (much more entertaining than I remember - one of Moore's best now, in my opinion), to Never Say Never Again. Should be out of the Moore era by 4am.

• Jamesc26 wrote:
    From Octopussy (much more entertaining than I remember - one of Moore's best now, in my opinion), to Never Say Never Again. Should be out of the Moore era by 4am.

Agreed, Octopussy is an underrated film I think. I liked the reviews after each film. Keep it up.
    Will do an Octopussy and Never say never again double video then I'll do single video reviews for the rest of the films.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    You are impressing!
    Following this. You're doing very well so far I must say.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Keep on going! You must have some courage to attempt this. I didn't know it was possible to even stay awake this long.
    Somehow I am still going - stifling a few yawns and I'm amazed I've managed to stay awake this long but I'm determined to finish it. By 11pm tonight I'll be done! Thanks for all the words of support guys.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Doing great, @Jamesc26! Courage, friend.

May I suggest you make friends with these? ;-)
    Not minding NSNA too much actually - been a long time since I've sat down to watch this properly. Looking forward to going through the rest of the early hours with geriatric Roger Moore and the best bond of all...Dalton!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And a Daltonite too. Welcome to the club! ;-)
    Absolutely; his is the best interpretation of the character and Daylights and Licence to Kill are two of the most engaging films in the series.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Doing great, @Jamesc26! Courage, friend.

May I suggest you make friends with these? ;-)

Have stocked up on some sports energy drinks - summer fruits one at the moment ;-)

Never say never again almost completed - time for another review roundup.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You are on a roll! I agree, I've found it hard to do a proper marathon in one sitting before with just a trilogy or so of films, but this many? Great work, keep it up!
    Oh god, Grace Jones is on the screen - too much for anyone, especially in the early hours of the morning!
  • DB5DB5
    Are you still up? If so, did you get to "The Living Daylights" yet?
    Just started The Living Daylights about 5 mins ago.
  • DB5DB5
    I love that film! Especially the beginning, not one dull moment!
    Totally agree DB5, just seeing Dalton on the screen is waking me up and helping me to see the light at the end of the Bond tunnel.

Been trying to work it out... I think I woke up at about 10.30am on Friday and I've been awake since that time so almost 42 hours with no sleep so far. Marathon should finish about 11pm tonight.
    Into the final half an hour of The Living Daylights now.
  • DB5DB5
    Good luck. This may qualify for the Guiness book of world records, if you make it.