A Merry Christmas and the best wishes for 2014

edited December 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 7,653
I know the title might be too touchy for some bleeding hearts, but with Christmas being here tomorrow and the New Year less than a week a way I want to extend my best wishes to all Bondfans that make this site entertaining, informative and frustrating.
I do hope you all and your beloved ones have a great Christmas and a terribly grand 2014.

Kind regards Mark

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, we've lost so many people not just this year but in this month alone. I'm grateful to be alive and to hopefully see the new year and many more subsequent years. Come January 1st, we can officially say Bond 24 films this year; it's going to be an exciting year that's for sure!

Hope every one has a good holiday and enters the new year on a good note and good health!

Long live Bond fans!
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Thanks!

It's been great to discourse with you all, learn so much and realize what a great community this is.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
    Even to the bah-humbugs that we have here. ;)

I hope everyone has some peace, love, good food, and warmth this holiday season.
    Cheers, everyone!
    http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4734403812720708&pid=15.1
    oh wait, that isn't quite the right one ...ho ho ho;

how about this:
    th?id=H.4918748045050687&pid=15.1

• MadMelMadMel Banned
    edited December 2013 Posts: 21
    Merry Christmas all. Seems like just yesterday when we were welcoming in 2013 and feeling very nervy and nervous about the 2013 ahead. But you know what, here we all are, happy and healthy and with Bond 24 just over the horizon. We have Sam Mendes, we have Naomi Campbell confirmed and we have most importanly DANIEL F****ING CRAIG back to bring down the house.

Yep, 2014 is a good year to be alive and I look forward to sharing it with you all :)

Merry Christmas and be safe.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    Wow i'd love some champagne right now. That photo reminds me of the end credits from TLD "if there was a man", when the picture fades to Kara and James' champagne for two.
  • MadMelMadMel Banned
    That gets me thinking... what about setting Bond 24 at Christmas?

We haven't had a Bond with a Christmas focus since OHMSS.

It will be a whale of a time in 2014 as we watch Bond 24 slowly comes together, like the pieces of a chess board. Look forward to sharing it with you all.

And to ALL a good night ;)
    Bradford4 wrote:
    Wow i'd love some champagne right now. That photo reminds me of the end credits from TLD "if there was a man", when the picture fades to Kara and James' champagne for two.

I do love the ending of TLD; it is romantic and great and the song is so perfect. I'd so love to have Timothy Dalton under my Christmas tree ... sigh. :x
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I wish everyone here I know through the forums a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2014!

Don't eat too much or get too merry. ;) Stay safe and enjoy yourselves!

Christmas_Party.jpg
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    So what's everyone doing for Christmas? We're spending it with my lot this year, at my brothers house (going down there tomorrow). It's always nice going back to England and I am looking forward to seeing friends and family, but I'm sort of dreading it to be honest. The relationship me and my brother and sister have with my dad is sketchy at the best of times and last time my brother saw him they had a massive row. I'm worried it'll kick off between them.

Still, it's christmas, a time of getting drunk and watching telly, who doesn't enjoy that ;). Plus my mate's gotten me a ticket to West Ham vs Arsenal on boxing day. Haven't been for a while and I haven't seen him for a while so I'm looking forward to that, it should be fun.

Happy Christmas everybody!
    I am spending it creating my own western Christmas in my little corner of Japan. I have only Christmas Day off this year, but I will be up making spiced apple cider or wassail, going to church service in the morning, enjoying great Christmas music all day, and watching plenty of Christmas dvds, along with a Bond or two. I may even put furry fun antlers on my dog and take a picture. It is Christmas after all. ;)
  • Good idea this, Saint Mark. And absolutely, merry Christmas to you all, and sincere wishes for a splendid New Year.

As to the idea of another Bond film set around Christmas time, I love it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you my friends. :)

Murdock.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yes, a Merry Christmas to all.

Revel in the wonders of the season. Delight in the presence of friends both old and new, share tender moments between family, if you must drink do it in moderation, and most saliently, be safe and enjoy yourselves as we make our way into the unknown territory that is 2014.
    Merry Christmas to all my good friends here on MI6!!! You are all an amazing bunch of people! May 2014 smile upon you all and your families and friends! :-bd
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Does everyone on this forum celebrate Christmas? Either way, Happy Holidays everyone! I hope the new year has some excitement, fun, and new things in store for you all.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm not the sort of person who seeks poor excuses to celebrate things so I merely try to survive the craze that accompanies both Christmas and New Year without participating in it.

But that doesn't stop me from wishing people the best in life. And so I say: merry Christmas all!
    I forgot, me and my brother are also going to introduce our nephew to the family tradition of watching Die Hard at christmas. He's 8, so might be a bit young, but I doubt it'll do him any harm.
    I forgot, me and my brother are also going to introduce our nephew to the family tradition of watching Die Hard at christmas. He's 8 so might be a bit young but I doubt it'll do him any harm.

I first saw it when I was around that age and didn't harm me any. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    I forgot, me and my brother are also going to introduce our nephew to the family tradition of watching Die Hard at christmas. He's 8 so might be a bit young but I doubt it'll do him any harm.

I first saw it when I was around that age and didn't harm me any. :)

Same. To be honest he's seen worse stuff (he's been playing Grand Theft Auto lately).
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Happy holidays guys & gals, hope you all have a good time around family and friends :)
  • Bradford4 wrote:

I do love the ending of TLD; it is romantic and great and the song is so perfect. I'd so love to have Timothy Dalton under my Christmas tree ... sigh. :x

Knowing you, the poor man might not survive ;)

All the very best to all my Bond brothers and sisters this holiday season, and may 2014 be a great year for anyone who reads this!

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Merry Christmas everybody! I have another 24 hours or so here in the states.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What are your big plans, everyone? I'm going to my aunt's tomorrow for my yearly dinner with my family, then not much on Christmas, just swapping gifts with my parents, spending more time with them until I return to college.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Merry Christmas!
    Christmas Eve. Only 1 more sleep :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,936
    Well, it's officially the 25th here in Australia. Merry Christmas to everyone! :-h
    Merry Christmas to you down under @QBranch. Bet the weather's a damn sight better there than it is here!
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    What are your big plans, everyone? I'm going to my aunt's tomorrow for my yearly dinner with my family, then not much on Christmas, just swapping gifts with my parents, spending more time with them until I return to college.

We are holding an open house from 4 to 8:30 p.m. on Christmas day, replete with all the trimmings and fixins': miniature quiches; spicy nut mix of hazelnuts, cashews and pecans; spicy cheese log; sausage balls; the Khantessa's hummus; assorted hard candy; sugar and chocolate chip cookies; clementines; potato chips and French onion dip; tortilla chips and salsa; Ranch dressing with bell peppers, broccoli florets and carrot sticks for dipping; peri peri stuffed green olives; black olives; cocktail weenies in a mustard/currant sauce; pita and whole grain breads; Springbank scotch; red wine; three different sparkling wines; sparkling cider; Bohemia beer; Coke and tea and sparkling water; and of course martinis, albeit gin rather than vodka.

Should be a worthy repast for all friends and family who drop in.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Merry Christmas to you down under @QBranch. Bet the weather's a damn sight better there than it is here!
    It was boiling up until about a week ago, but it seems to have cool down a lot. How is it there, Willy? Warm and dry, I trust ;)