Controversial opinions about Bond films

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I agree. And that's the end of that.

Next controversy!

The Brosnan films are not canon. They are filth.

Next controversy!

I don't really like his last 3 films, but GE is an absolute cracker.
    I don't know if this is controversial, but I like TND as much as GE. It's a solid-action flick, with some mistakes but overall stands very well.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

How shall I hand unto you your death? Sweet or sour?
  • I agree. And that's the end of that.

Next controversy!

You can hate them all you want (still wrong, but that's a separate argument), but you have absolutely no leg to stand on when you claim they're not canon.
    chrisisall wrote:

Brilliant

:))
    0013 wrote:
    I don't know if this is controversial, but I like TND as much as GE. It's a solid-action flick, with some mistakes but overall stands very well.
    I like TND just a teensy tiny bit better than GE, but both are great, cannon, and antifilth.
    chrisisall wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    I like TND just a teensy tiny bit better than GE, but both are great, cannon, and antifilth.

So why does it get so low ranking on average?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0013, the "popular" opinion is almost always that GE is the best Brosnan film, but amongst fans, it varies a lot more.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Genius. It's wit and reasoned argument like this that elevates MI6 above other forums.
    It's true that GE is considered the best Brosnan by general audience but here http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/78/bond-movie-ranking-simple-list-no-details/p1 the rankings are mixed but not very positive.

Next controversy!

I don't really like his last 3 films, but GE is an absolute cracker.

Yes, cracker garbage.
    chrisisall wrote:

So I take it it is appropriate for this thread?

Next controversy!

You can hate them all you want (still wrong, but that's a separate argument), but you have absolutely no leg to stand on when you claim they're not canon.

They are not in my collection, so not canon in my home...

Genius. It's wit and reasoned argument like this that elevates MI6 above other forums.

So we agree on that.

• RC7RC7
    @Thunderfinger is a bell end. Controversial opinion?
    RC7 wrote:

It's cracker garbage! ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    0013 wrote:
    It's true that GE is considered the best Brosnan by general audience but here http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/78/bond-movie-ranking-simple-list-no-details/p1 the rankings are mixed but not very positive.

The general audience also rank Goldfinger as the #1 Bond quite commonly. People can be wrong, as political democracy alone has shown us, time and time again.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 45,489
    RC7 wrote:

"Get ma bellend in your mouth bitch" was the first thing that came up when I googled it. Sorry, English is not my mother tongue. Is that correct? In that case, very controversial, I think.

0013 wrote:

The general audience also rank Goldfinger as the #1 Bond quite commonly. People can be wrong, as political democracy alone has shown us, time and time again.

Yes, but do you also believe that TND is underrated?
    RC7 wrote:

"Get ma bellend in your mouth bitch" was the first thing that came up when I googled it. Sorry, English is mot my mother tongue. Is that correct? In that case, very controversial, I think.

=)) Maybe it's time to change your Google settings.
    Enlighten me, please. Google is also filth, I guess. If you google "Google", you can search forever without finding anything negative about it, try it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:

"Get ma bellend in your mouth bitch" was the first thing that came up when I googled it. Sorry, English is mot my mother tongue. Is that correct? In that case, very controversial, I think.

Point proven methinks RC7.
    RC7 wrote:

Point proven methinks RC7.

chrisisall wrote:
    So I take it it is appropriate for this thread?

Oh, laff, dude! :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    0013 wrote:
    0013 wrote:

Yes, but do you also believe that TND is underrated?

It's been years since I watched it all in one sitting, so I don't consider my opinion relevant in this case.
    As much as I love cats, Oddjob should have had a cat for dinner in the film as well. Regards, Bellend.
    Change of topic. Charles Gray was a great Blofeld
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    0013 wrote:
    When TND first came out, I would've agreed with this- or even said TND was better- (I probably over-hyped it because it was my first cinematic viewing), but as others have pointed out, TND seems to drop in quality slightly in the second half, whereas GE is pretty consistent all the way through. These days, in terms of Brozza's films, I regard TND as 'nearly as good' as GE, although there a quite a few non-Broz films separating the two.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    RC7 wrote:

Nah I think most of us would agree with you on that.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 581

Next controversy!

1648-noface.jpg
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Change of topic. Charles Gray was a great Blofeld

Not as good as Savalas or the faceless one, but I agree. He made it his own, and was superb at what he did.
    RC7 wrote:

Nah I think most of us would agree with you on that.

I suspect this is how you guys show affection. I appreciate it, I have similar feelings.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    0013 wrote:

I agree with that.

Now, for some real controversy; I love The World Is Not Enough