Christian Symbolism in Skyfall

12346»

Comments

• 00Beast wrote:
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing: Actually, who doesn't like going out for a good ice cream? Also, why do you insist that Christianity mandates going out and slaughtering for The Lord? I don't read that in my Bible either.

You must not have the King James version, where he changed "thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live to witch so he clould go about killing them. Or how about the wonderful Catholic sponsored "Malleus Maleficarum" that automatically made all wise women and men, simple village healers who interceded with their idea of the Divine like clergy does today, into monsters who worshiped some being (Satan) they never heard of, let alone believed in? The mandate is quite clear as far as people of my faith are concerned, until it is eradicated from all copies and we are treated as a church that the National Council recognizes as a valid one and not some evil that needs to be stamped out at any cost.

You're bringing a knife to a gun fight.
    00Beast wrote:
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing: Actually, who doesn't like going out for a good ice cream? Also, why do you insist that Christianity mandates going out and slaughtering for The Lord? I don't read that in my Bible either.

You must not have the King James version, where he changed "thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live to witch so he clould go about killing them. Or how about the wonderful Catholic sponsored "Malleus Maleficarum" that automatically made all wise women and men, simple village healers who interceded with their idea of the Divine like clergy does today, into monsters who worshiped some being (Satan) they never heard of, let alone believed in? The mandate is quite clear as far as people of my faith are concerned, until it is eradicated from all copies and we are treated as a church that the National Council recognizes as a valid one and not some evil that needs to be stamped out at any cost.

You're bringing a knife to a gun fight.

And you're creating the fight- I'm not a Catholic, so what you're saying is not even a part of my Church of Christ beliefs. And as for the King James Version, we STILL do not believe that it is permissable to go out and eliminate those who aren't a part of the doctrine. Many members of the Churches of Christ use the New International Version of the Bible anyways.
  • This thread is going the way of the one on Pope Francis before long. Where are the mods when you need them?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 23,551
    From the looks of it we have some lost souls that need to be shepherded back on track...

This thread will be temp freezed.
    This thread is going the way of the one on Pope Francis before long. Where are the mods when you need them?

Living our lives, but we're here now. ;-)

This discussion has been closed.