Famous Movie Lines Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Rock?
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @Baltimore_007, given that there appears to be a select few of us that play this game, I doubt anyone will end up guessing it. So by "a Sean Connery connection," that doesn't necessarily mean that he is in the film, correct?

Strange that - there used to a lot of participation in this event..

Just to clarify, Sean Connery is not in this film in question, No. Merely, the actor who spoke it, appeared with Connery, in another film release. It is not The Rock either, sorry to say
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Indeed, but it's become quite unpopular lately, it seems, which is a real shame.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Indeed, but it's become quite unpopular lately, it seems, which is a real shame.

If you think this is bad, you should check out the Guess the Character round. I always endeavor to provide an update with each visit - but not this night

Say again, if not found by Sunday, I will disclose the answer. Remember it's from a 1996 release, so quite recent for people to find
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

If you think this is bad, you should check out the Guess the Character round. I always endeavor to provide an update with each visit - but not this night
    That's because you were gone for most of the week, and nobody participated again since you weren't there to tell them if their guesses were right or not. I understand that you were busy, I'm just explaining why that thread has been inactive.
    Creasy47 wrote:

That's because you were gone for most of the week, and nobody participated again since you weren't there to tell them if their guesses were right or not. I understand that you were busy, I'm just explaining why that thread has been inactive.

I'm with Brady, that's exactly why. With more constant update there would be more constant posts.

As for this, I have absolutely no clue in terms of this round, so I'll wait until Sunday.
    This is why I like to supply three clues at a time to my quote that aren't so vague as to be unsolvable. It makes things easier to add hints and a lot less stressful for others trying to figure it out. At the end of the day, I also think it makes people participate more, because at least when you have clues you can constantly keep on guessing the film in question. If all we are provided with is a quote and no clues other than some vague hints, then you either know it or you don't, and sit out until someone else gets it. It can be extremely frustrating.
    And with that, if there are people out there who won't give up the answer at some point, that's when threads like this fall pages and pages and pages back until someone remembers and revives them a few months later.
  • May as well attempt this again while time permits itself

Here is the quote once more - "New Jersey, Try it in New Jersey"

Here are the clues or pointers to help the cause -

# The same actor and actress that shared the line appeared together in another film release

# It is a 1996 theater release

# The actor in question appeared with Sean Connery in another film release

- bonus help -

# John Travolta also appears in this movie title

# It was produced by a very colorful or high-profile name, that never spares the action

Hope this helped people out
    Face/Off?
  • That's a good shout, but incorrect this time. In the right area, for sure
    Is is Broken Arrow? I'm guessing the link could be Christian Slater who co starred with Samantha Mathis in this film and Pump UP The Volume and was also in The Name Of The Rose
    Is is Broken Arrow? I'm guessing the link could be Christian Slater who co starred with Samantha Mathis in this film and Pump UP The Volume and was also in The Name Of The Rose

I was literally in the midst of entering 'Broken Arrow.' That was my only guess.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Creasy47 wrote:

I was literally in the midst of entering 'Broken Arrow.' That was my only guess.

It was @0Brady's guess of Face/Off that led me to it. @Baltimore's hint made me think it was another John Woo film.
  • Is is Broken Arrow? I'm guessing the link could be Christian Slater who co starred with Samantha Mathis in this film and Pump UP The Volume and was also in The Name Of The Rose

You couldn't present a more comprehensive answer than that

Yes, it was Slater to Mathis in Broken Arrow, they also featured together in the above film title

Silly Woo nonsense, but it's enjoyable. Better still, check out a release with the same title with James Stewart
    Thanks @Baltimore_007

"Not the kind of ride I was looking for"
  • Speed?
    No
    Die Hard 2, isn't it? John McClane to the reporter...
    Yes @Yojimbo has it spot on.
    You managed to pick one of the 20 or so non-Bond films I have sitting on my shelf.

Well, this may be easy... and I'm sorry if this movie has been used before, but there are too many pages on this thread to skim through...

"Such ingratitude after all the times I saved your life."
    Maybe 2009's Sherlock Holmes? For some reason I can't help but hear Robert Downey's voice when I play this quote back in my head. It sounds so familiar.
    It isn't Holmes
  • I would never usually participate at this time of day, but glanced through and saw the latest quote

It's Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name to Eli Wallach's Tuco Ramirez in The Good The Bad and The Ugly

I would of got the last one also (McClane to Sam Coleman)
    Indeed it is. Over to you, Baltimore.
  • "There will be trouble if you go this way"

someone may recognize it straight away. Others - may take a little time
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I'm just hanging around ! Is this from Midnight Express ?.
  • Top marks. It was from Midnight Express. (a damn fine 1978 movie that everyone should see)

Amhet (?) to William Hayes, when they walk the wheel

You're up next @Coggins Well played
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Thanks @ Baltimore shame I got it so early!
    Next up is this.
    We have an injured rabbit also. Good luck with this
    That would be Local Hero, I think.