The MI6 Community Discussion should be renamed...

2»

Comments

Thank you everyone for your input, it means alot.

Especially to @doubleonothing for being so understanding and professional about the issue. Looking forward to some changes.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bradford4 wrote:
    This site is ridiculously micromanaged by the army of moderators. The whole forum needs a tuneup, or a simpler layout. Brady, you have no problem navigating the forums, because you're here 24/7. Some of us have lives.

Wow, is that your best argument? I wouldn't expect an Eve-level rookie to understand this, but I do indeed have a life, one very involved and demanding. We all have things that keep us busy, but also the stuff that makes us happy to be involved in. For me, it is this site which is built around the character of James Bond, one I dearly love and have an insatiable desire to get all the knowledge I can on. If anything the amount of time I am on this forum is a testament to my dedication for it, a statement I am confident my fellow veteran members can back up. I have made myself even more vigilant since we have had several troll attacks (another thing you couldn't begin to comprehend) so that I can be here to do my part and flag the vile posts spouted by the said trolls. They, not I are the ones with seemingly nothing else to do but spam this forum with pictures of graphic content and posts of crude vitriol.

If in the future you attempt to criticize me further, do be more clever about it. You would assume a man in his 40s would be a bit more cunning in his arguments, which in this case boiled down to the disappointing "you post a lot!" I guess Q was right in Skyfall when he said, "Age is no guarantee of efficiency."

By the way, @jolearon, if you would have bothered to look over in the right corner of the MI6 forum home page under the category 'MI6 Headlines and Feedback" you would have found a thread called "Feedback and Suggestions" where you could have posted these "frustrations", making this thread another duplicate.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/61/feedback-and-suggestions/p1

This is true, and actually I did consider closing this thread for that very reason, but I also thought that this would have only exacerbated problems and that this thread might actually be slightly more specific. A good example of where we don't close everything.

I only posted that to joke around, @doubleonothing. Nothing sinister. ;)
    @doubleonothing Thank you for responding and doing your best to sort things.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bradford4 wrote:
    This site is ridiculously micromanaged by the army of moderators. The whole forum needs a tuneup, or a simpler layout. Brady, you have no problem navigating the forums, because you're here 24/7. Some of us have lives.

Actually, this site has ridiculously simple rules which should make a micromanagement perfectly sufficient, if only people would stick to them.
    But if on the one hand people complain that there are too many threads to browse through, and on the other hand keep creating duplicate threads, why of course you create problems.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sandy wrote:
    I personally don't see the difficulty in this matter. After the last change the search function is work very well, it takes only a few seconds to know if there is a similar thread.

Agreed. Even if people are having difficulty using the search function, there's always google. Simply type the words of a relative discussion and add mi6 ground or something to that effect and stuff should come up. This should in no way even be an issue. I personally think people are too lazy and then feel aggrieved when they get called up on it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    On the old forum due to the search not working, near the end we created a 'Find a thread' thread, where all the important topics were listed by links.

Should something like this be opened again?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    To some extent, I can understand the OP's frustration.

Of course there is no need for duplicate threads. If some noob pops in tomorrow and starts a thread called "Whats your favorite Bond film?", I imagine no one will complain when that thread gets locked. But I think we need to be careful of "over-consolidation" by closing or merging threads that have ANY overlap or relation. Even more so when the thread being referred to has long since gone stagnant with inactivity.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    To some extent, I can understand the OP's frustration.

Of course there is no need for duplicate threads. If some noob pops in tomorrow and starts a thread called "Whats your favorite Bond film?", I imagine no one will complain when that thread gets locked. But I think we need to be careful of "over-consolidation" by closing or merging threads that have ANY overlap or relation. Even more so when the thread being referred to has long since gone stagnant with inactivity.

Yeah, I have no issue with that. Sometimes there are similarities in threads but that doesn't make them dupes. And sometimes a newer thread is getting more attention, so there seems little point closing it.

However, this is generally at the mods discretion and whilst some of us might let it run, others will close it. We all have the same rules and guidelines and we all communicate with each other, but there will be ultimately differences in our moderating style.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 18
    Removed by a moderator
    mgwenf wrote:
    Oh, get over it. Moderators are your friends, so get over it.

Now what exactly was the point of your post? Seeing as the previous comment on here was posted SIX months ago, I'm guessing people have "gotten over it".
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 18
    Removed by a moderator
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    @mgwenf, the mods might lift a finger or two to deal with you soon, doubt people will complain.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    @mgwenf, the mods might lift a finger or two to deal with you soon, doubt people will complain.

Might also be good idea to finally lock this thread. It no longer serves any relevant purpose.

I have a spare one you can use

T5-big.jpg

"Ooh, shiny" ;-)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Very shiny indeed Willy, cheers!

<b>Closed</b>

This discussion has been closed.