Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

As a matter of fact, it's BATMAN! They saw my facebook profile and called me that ever since!

(sorry for going off topic)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    As a matter of fact, it's BATMAN! They saw my facebook profile and called me that ever since!

(sorry for going off topic)

Batman is quite on topic in this thread, so no worries! That is a nickname I am extremely jealous of, for sure.
    So still no word on title or villians
    Risico007 wrote:
    So still no word on title or villians
    Just read that Brian Cranston shot down the Lex Luthor rumors.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    At 57 years old, was it ever going to happen? It makes sense to go younger to get more films from the chosen actor.
    The guy who runs "Batman-On-Film.com" said when the Cranston thing was first reported that it "wasn't just a rumor". I trust him as he's VERY in the know when it comes to DC on film. I'd recommend checking out his site and Facebook page if you want a good way to follow this film. I'm not trying to be a salesman here, just recommending it. I'm still convinced Cranston will be announced when Breaking Bad is over
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 5,767
    comingsoon wrote:
    Bryan Cranston Shoots Down Lex Luthor Rumors
    Source: Boston.com
    September 2, 2013
    115 2

Last week, some unfounded rumors began to circulate the internet that Bryan Cranston had signed on to play Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel sequel. Many of you wondered why we never posted this story and it was because we thought it was inaccurate and a fabrication. Now, Cranston himself says the rumor that he's signed a six-picture deal to play the bald antagonist are not true.

“Six? This is all news to me," he said to Boston.com. "I think that maybe my name is bandied about because I’m known to be bald. ‘What bald guy can we get?’ The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him.”

Casting is stil coming together for the untitled film, and Mark Strong has previously teased that he might be in the running for the role of Luthor.

The new film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with director Zack Snyder. Man of Steel's Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman in the film along with Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also reprise their roles in the sequel. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2015 with production expected to begin in February of 2014.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    A leaked concept art for the Batman costume!
    999782_10151830570222439_1995608109_n.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    If we must have another Batman adaption where he wears armor, why can't parts of it at least be gray? I know it makes tactical and logical sense for a hero of the night to wear black to blend in, but seeings as we have seen nothing but that for over twenty years onscreen, I'd like to see something new.

If anything, trash that horrendous bronze/gold color. Yuck...
    I like it but I will prefer to see the real thing before I make the final judgement
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Those Spock ears have to go.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Other than the mask, it looks exactly like the Bale Batsuit.
    I like it but I will prefer to see the real thing before I make the final judgement

And for something to dicuss further about this film

http://screenrant.com/man-steel-2-batman-superman-bruce-wayne-love-interest-cast/

so who should be the Actress and who should be the character
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I don't have any strong feelings either way. Doesn't seem very different to Bale's costume.

I think the bronze logo makes sense, sort of. If he was being shot at the criminals would go for what's visible (the massive bat logo on his armoured chest) rather than trying to shoot him in the mouth.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:

http://screenrant.com/man-steel-2-batman-superman-bruce-wayne-love-interest-cast/

I don't know about actresses, but I think Vicki Vale should be the character.
    Risico007 wrote:

With the whole physicality requirement, I'd love it if we got Talia al Ghul, but that doesn't make much sense since Ras hasn't even been introduced to the universe as far as I can tell. I still think it is a bad idea to introduce a new Batman in MoS 2 before giving him his own films first to be established in.
    Risico007 wrote:

With the whole physicality requirement, I'd love it if we got Talia al Ghul, but that doesn't make much sense since Ras hasn't even been introduced to the universe as far as I can tell. I still think it is a bad idea to introduce a new Batman in MoS 2 before giving him his own films first to be established in.

It would also, I think, be a bad move to introduce a rebooted Talia al Ghul just after the film where Talia al Ghul was one of the main villains.
    Risico007 wrote:

It would also, I think, be a bad move to introduce a rebooted Talia al Ghul just after the film where Talia al Ghul was one of the main villains.

I don't have an issue with that at all, I would quite like it, especially if their version was more comic book inspired.
    Personally I would prefer Silver St Cloud, Julie Madison, or Wonder Woman

or perhaps Lady Shiva
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I still think it is a bad idea to introduce a new Batman in MoS 2 before giving him his own films first to be established in.

Isn't that what DC need to do, take a different route to Marvel? Doing things this way is far more interesting.
    Except that they're not really doing anything different than Marvel. DC's introducing Batman in a sequel to a Superman movie; Marvel introduced Black Widow in a sequel to an Iron Man movie. Black Widow wasn't the biggest player in Iron Man 2, but she had a pretty decent amount of screentime.
    Black Widow could be viewed as more a supporting character though for that series, she'll never get her own film and is not in the top teir like say, Thor or Captain America. This idea, introducing Batman in the Superman sequel, would be more like showing Thor in the second Iron Man.
  • RC7RC7
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I still think it is a bad idea to introduce a new Batman in MoS 2 before giving him his own films first to be established in.

Isn't that what DC need to do, take a different route to Marvel? Doing things this way is far more interesting.

I agree. It looks a bit slap-dash because the only reference point is the Marvel universe, but in reality I think DC will have a plan, and it won't resemble the 'phases' Marvel were/are working with. I think it's a bold move and as a DC fan, I hope they pull it off.

• "" NO BAT NIPPLES !!! ""

"" BEN WANTS NO BAT NIPPLES~ ""

Fake ?
    edited September 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Black Widow could be viewed as more a supporting character though for that series, she'll never get her own film and is not in the top teir like say, Thor or Captain America. This idea, introducing Batman in the Superman sequel, would be more like showing Thor in the second Iron Man.

I personally think she could hold her own in her own film, or maybe a film that puts her and Hawkeye together, so that we can actually get an idea of that relationship, as opposed to the brief glimpse we got in Avengers (I still love the line "You and I remember Budapest very differently."). She'll be Cap's partner in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so let's just wait and see.
    "" NO BAT NIPPLES !!! ""

"" BEN WANTS NO BAT NIPPLES~ ""

Fake ?

Nobody wants Bat Nipples. Are you telling (trolling) me that you do?
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 98
    NO !

no concept artist in his right mind would even make a note of that ! Thats why it's fanmade !!
  • But, what if they were Retractable ?
    But, what if they were Retractable ?

No. No. No.
  • A No for each Nipple ?

There will be a fake prehistoric one for Batman to trick Supes with, just like in TMWGTGG !!