SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• So is it Devil May Care? Is this the official line. Another Bond set in the UK so soon after SF?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So is it Devil May Care? Is this the official line. Another Bond set in the UK so soon after SF?

It's a rumor. Nothing is official.
    But it is the first title rumor
  • RC7RC7
    Clearly not DMC. It will be an original idea.
    At least the sun is moving out of Risico territory
    The interesting part about this is that if there was every anyone to convince the producers to do a continuation novel.. it would be Mendes.

But Mendes would want to do an original idea...

...most likely.
    Still it's a rumor and you had Cruz as your title so.....
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    M_Balje wrote:
    Skyfall 2: Property Of Lady.

Que-fue-de-Kelly-McGillis-la-chica-de-Top-Gun_noticia_main_landscape.jpg

M Daughter (Kelly Mcgillis) whant to take revenge on Kincade and with take Kindcase a way she get her revenge on 007.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    M_Balje wrote:
    Skyfall 2: Property Of Lady. M Daughter (Kelly Mcgillis) whant to take revenge on Kincade and with take Kindcase a way she get her revenge on 007.

MY GOD, BALJE!

mccoy.jpg

Revenge on Kincade? What did that poor fellar do wrong?

;-)

LOL. My thoughts exactly.

Could we have a Bond movie without a revenge motive? It's been quite a while...
  • RecipeRecipe Banned
    Bond uses drugs in almost every Fleming. Just off top of my head He take speed in LALD when swimming, and in MR to help him focus during the bridge match at the Blades. Off course drink and booze is also a drug. Get off your high horse you prudes.
    Recipe wrote:
    Bond uses drugs in almost every Fleming. Just off top of my head He take speed in LALD when swimming, and in MR to help him focus during the bridge match at the Blades. Off course drink and booze is also a drug. Get off your high horse you prudes.

You're not doing yourself any favors by calling other, loyal members 'prudes.'
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Risico007 wrote:
    Still it's a rumor and you had Cruz as your title so.....

Why do you want it as the title of the thread?
    One site is reporting it, while multiple reported Cruz. And Cruz had more weight behind it than even this rumor, simply due to her marriage to Bardem.

I'm happy with the current title and the question it asks. It's far more interesting than you all debating whether or not DMC could be the title two and a half years out.

Go here and frolic in the fields of pointless debate:
    http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4987/the-names-24.-bond-24.#Item_624
    edited July 2013 Posts: 40,490
    It just goes to show how some people can get so worked out and faithful over rumors from one source, no matter how right or wrong they've been in the past.

'Daniel Craig Won't Star In Bond 24, Replaced By Whoopi Goldberg, Miscellaneous Homeless Person Says'

"Well I like the site, and they were right about that one thing, so...FACT!"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It just goes to show how some people can get so worked out and faithful over rumors from one source, no matter how right or wrong they've been in the past.

'Daniel Craig Won't Star In Bond 24, Replaced By Whoopi Goldberg, Miscellaneous Homeless Person Says'

"Well I like the site, and they were right about that one thing, so...FACT!"

And some are so pathetically desperate for ANY Bond 24 news that they cling to anything that is thrown their way, no matter how absurd. I don't go constantly looking for all these so-called "breaking news stories" on Bond, and have never been too keen on doing it with regards to any film/series. I will believe something when it is officially announced, and anything mentioned before then is merely speculative at best.
    Oh it is complete BS but so was the Cruz I love title rumors the most just how i am
    Production Update #1:

Confirmed to return:
    Mendes
    Logan
    Gassner
    Craig
    Whishaw*

Assumed to return:
    Fiennes
    Harris
    Kinnear
    Powell (stunts)

Likely to return:
    Deakins
    Baird
    Newman
    Witt
    Kleinman

Desired to return:
    Adele
    Epworth

Possibility to return:
    Wright
    Christensen

Bond 24 has been in pre-production since October 2012.
    A spec script has been completed as of May 2013.
    Production expected to start late 2013 / early 2014.*
    Production design work is expected to begin late 2013.
    Bond 24 will once again "explore Bond's human side".
    Bond 24 and Bond 25 may share plot elements or even have a directly connected story line.

*Whishaw stated in a February 2013 interview he would likely be working with Craig again in 10 months.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    As far as i know, both Fiennes, Harris and Whishaw are on a contract to do both Bond 24 and Bond 25. So they are more or less "confirmed".
    Recipe wrote:

Fleming's Bond used drugs to help enhance his performance on the job. And in the vast majority of cases, Bond drank tastefully to accompany his meals. He was certainly no stoner or junkie. And thank God for that. Fleming had far more class than to send Bond down that shabby path.

Recipe wrote:

Fleming's Bond used drugs to help enhance his performance on the job. And in the vast majority of cases, Bond drank tastefully to accompany his meals. He was certainly no stoner or junkie. And thank God for that. Fleming had far more class than to send Bond down that shabby path.

Faulks made it seem that way

Recipe wrote:
    Off course drink and booze is also a drug.

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited July 2013 Posts: 1,257
    Creasy47 wrote:

:))
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Production Update #1:

Confirmed to return:
    Mendes
    Logan
    Gassner
    Craig
    Whishaw*

Assumed to return:
    Fiennes
    Harris
    Kinnear
    Powell (stunts)

Likely to return:
    Deakins
    Baird
    Newman
    Witt
    Adele

Bond 24 has been in pre-production since October 2012.
    A spec script has been completed as of May 2013.
    Production expected to start late 2013 / early 2014.*
    Production design work is expected to begin late 2013.
    Bond 24 will once again "explore Bond's human side".
    Bond 24 and Bond 25 may share plot elements or even have a directly connected story line.

*Whishaw stated in a February 2013 interview he would likely be working with Craig again in 10 months.

I wouldn't list Adele under "likely". Maybe under "slight possibility" but even then it's pushing it
    bondbat007 wrote:
    I wouldn't list Adele under "likely". Maybe under "slight possibility" but even then it's pushing it

Agreed. Fixed. Also, I put Kleinman under 'Likely' but do we think maybe 'Assumed' is more fitting?

Also, how much of a gap do we think we'll get for news? When will they do the press announcement? Autumn next year?
  • SharkShark Banned
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I don't see how she was wooden. She played it fine. Having just met Bond, they won't be quick to spouting innuendo's off to one another just yet.

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

Objectively. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. Objectively, she was poor though. She was put in the shade by every other actor on the film. I'm not saying it ruins the film, I don't sit wishing she was better, but she falls well short. Overacting of the highest order.

Ha! Aren't you a one? And by what scientific measure have you determined that Harris was wooden?

The scientific measure of watching a wooden performance. I know my comment sounds provocative, which naturally invites people to argue for the sake if it, but sorry, the lines 'Volkswagen Beetles... I think' and 'Some kind of sadistic game' are appalling. If you can't see that then good for you. But objectively they are bad, bad, bad.

No. The delivery of those lines is "arguably" bad. Personally, I don't consider them highlights of her performance, but they were hardly on the dreadful level plumbed by Halle, Richards and Bach. For a rather subjective activity such as acting to be objectively horrendous or brilliant, it must be so clear that there is a consensus among laymen and cognoscenti toward that end. Harris' performance has engendered no such consensus, although all criticism I've seen has been positive.

It's not 'arguably', it 'is'. The fact you're stating it is arguable suggests you know it's shit. As for Berry, Richards and Bach. One acted alongside Rick Yune, the other a dour Robert Carlyle and the other shared screen time with Richard Kiel. Hardly Dench, Fiennes, Bardem and Craig. While not my favourite Bond, Craig is the best actor to have played the role and makes Harris look less than mediocre. You can only judge Harris by her contemporaries and she's acted off the park by every one of them in SF.

I've tried reason, which you're obviously immune to. Hence, you're an idiot. And worst of all, an idiot blinded by arrogance.

Ba Dum Tish! A smackdown long overdue.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Shark, your comment is uncalled for and baiting another member into an argument.
    It brings nothing to the topic at hand. I would ask that you refrain from making such comments in the future. Thank-you.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Agreed. Fixed. Also, I put Kleinman under 'Likely' but do we think maybe 'Assumed' is more fitting?
    Also, throw Jeffrey Wright into the mix. Surely he can go in the 'desired to return' list.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Production Update #1:

Likely to return:
    Deakins
    Baird
    Newman
    Witt
    Kleinman

Desired to return:
    Adele
    Epworth

Don't vergot Jesper (Mr White) and Olga (Camile)
    James Bond returns in the 24th Bond film, called 'Property Of A Lady' (if only hehe). I post some pictures. My favourite actors and actresses that should be considered:

For a Rosa Klebb-like, Fiona Volpe-like older Bond henchwoman:
    220px-Tilda_Swinton_2012_Shankbone.JPG

This time, the lead villain, Largo-esque Number One figure:
    3045.jpg

For an, for Bond 24 still uncredited, 'mysterious' villain (Call him Blofeld):
    christoph-waltz-premiere-django-unchained-02.jpg OR.....
    01a61_daniel-day-lewis-16x9.jpg

The leading Bond girl then. Perhaps this time Bond will bed her in the end:
    266px-Pen%C3%A9lope_Cruz_-_Cannes_2011.jpg

But we haven't had a BLOND leading Bond girl since.....since 1987??
    oscars-charlize-theron.jpg

And if there's need for a male henchman instead of a Rosa Klebb-esque henchwoman:
    tumblr_lyb93lxPdw1qd4rf5o1_500.jpg

For a smaller, secondary Bond girl role, perhaps this Dutch actress?
    hsfile_22292.jpeg
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    [
    QBranch wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Also, throw Jeffrey Wright into the mix. Surely he can go in the 'desired to return' list.

Agreed.
    Michael Shannon is my hot tip for next Bond villain after his impressive performance as Zod in Man of Steel plus he's worked with Mendes before in Revolutionary Road.