Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That title they're using for the 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel bugs the hell out of me.
    You always wanted to check out how good Prad Pitt´s Russian is? Here´s your chance!

The Trailer for Ridley Scott´s The Counselor, starring Pitt, Fassbender, Cruz, Diaz, and Bardem:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105822
    That film looks amazing. Bardem (again) with wacky hair. Looking forward to this, has a great cast.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
  • Not entirely sure when this will be released but Arnie and Sly together for New prison breakout auctioneer Escape Plan

@StrangwaysLetterbox, premise sounded great, but they showed me the ending of the film in the trailer. Pretty typical these days.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @StrangwaysLetterbox, premise sounded great, but they showed me the ending of the film in the trailer. Pretty typical these days.
    Oh come on, with Stallone and The Schwarz starring, you don´t need a trailer to know the ending of the film.
    What disturbs me more is that Stallone in every shot looks about as tall as Scharzenegger. I think Schwarzenegger isn´t the tallest man in the world, but he must be quite a bit taller than Stallone.
    Just like it is so weird that on the Expendables poster Stallone seems bigger than Dolphgren.

@boldfinger, Schwarzenegger is 6'2" and Stallone is 5'9.5".
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @boldfinger, Schwarzenegger is 6'2" and Stallone is 5'9.5".
    Really? Then I apologize to Mr. Stallone, I was always of the apparently wrong assumption that he´s a dwarf. I hope he won´t hit me for it.
    @boldfinger, you won't feel it if he does. You'll be out cold instantly.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 40,492
    'Oldboy' remake red-band trailer:

http://www.slashfilm.com/oldboy-red-band-trailer/

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen the original, so I'm going to watch it tonight. Most of the fans are saying this doesn't look as good as the original, but I think the remake looks pretty good from what they've shown, albeit a bit too much.

I figured this would be out a few days after the stills, so here's the trailer for 'Out of the Furnace':

http://www.slashfilm.com/out-of-the-furnace-trailer-christian-bale-dives-right-into-the-fire/
  • Harrison Ford confirmed for Expendables 3! Willis isn't in it though. He seems to have pissed off Sly.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/is-harrison-ford-joining-expendables-3

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/karl-urban-on-what-hed-like-in-a-dredd-sequel

This film really deserves a sequel. I like how passionate Urban is about the character. I love Sly (Rocky is my favourite film and I really enjoy the first three Rambo's) but he really was wrong for the role. Urban was fantastic as Dredd and I want to see more of him as the character.
    I really like Bruce Willis but his attitude in recent years has been appalling. He comes across as a spoiled, petulant child. First a fall out with Kevin Smith, then half a dozen television presenters/interviewers and now it appears he's pissed off Stallone.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I really enjoy Bruce Willis for the most part, but he has always seemed to me to be too easily a completely annoying jerk. Probably in real life, too. A shame as I like most of his sense of humor that comes across on screen.
    Willis most of the time looked too aloof to me in the last 20 years. I saw a bit of Die Hard 3 the other day, and he came across as much more human, alive, and passionate. And not just because he hadn´t shaved his head.

So I´m not sure if I´m really going to miss him.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    On the subject of Willis, I agree. I love his films, some of them being my favorite pieces of cinematic entertainment, but his behavior recently has left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what the hell is up with him, but in recent years he has truly shown off how much of a self-obsessed spoiled brat he can be, where he thinks he is not only better than everyone else, but that he knows what is best at all times. I love Kevin Smith, and hearing him talk about his experiences with Bruce are revolting. I have a hard time rooting for any man that acts the way Bruce apparently does on a film set, and treats other actors, directors and interviewers like garbage. Some may think people like Kevin and Sly are just jealous of Bruce and his massive fame and riches, but it does make you believe their claims when Willis gets these same kinds of negative reports from various people he works with in addition to them.
    Wow, add this to Willis' list of douche moves:

He was replaced in 'Expendables 3' by Harrison Ford (no complaints on my end) because when Sly offered Willis $3 million for only FOUR days of consecutive shooting, he refused, saying he would only shoot for $4 million, which is $1 million for one day of shooting, four days straight. This man is spoiled. So, nobody was having it, and they kicked his ass to the curb. Oh well, Harrison Ford, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage, and Milla Jovovich should make interesting additions to the cast, especially Chan.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bruce-willis-exited-expendables-3-144100536.html
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What use is money you can't spend anyway?
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    What's the saying? "Never meet your heroes"? Damn right it would seem with Willis!
    Soon, nobody will continue to hire Willis. He just has such a foul attitude anymore. There's this, and a week or so ago, he didn't want to talk about 'Red 2' AT the interview for 'Red 2.' I don't get what his problem is.
    Didn't he appear on Daybreak in his dressing gown?
    Didn't he appear on Daybreak in his dressing gown?

You bet he did!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/bruce-willis-wears-dressing-gown-2104212

It's like he's pulling a "I'm retiring from acting." stunt like Joaquin Phoenix did years ago for that documentary with Casey Affleck. Willis is just acting incredibly off.
    Oh good grief. That first photo just makes me want to hit him with a stick
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like to think His career went with his Hair. :))
    Murdock wrote:

Then he needs a hair transplant and another film like 'Die Hard'!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2013 Posts: 16,333
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Then he needs a hair transplant and another film like 'Die Hard'!!

There's a scene in DH4 where the villain pulls up his public files and it showed a current aged police picture of Willis with Hair! So either the hair was shopped on or He wore a wig for that picture. WHY DIDN'T HE HAVE IT? X(
    So 'The Coup,' the action thriller with Pierce Brosnan and Owen Wilson, is being financed and will start shooting in November:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/bold-films-gets-35-million-comerica-infusion-will-finance-the-coup-with-owen-wilson-and-pierce-brosnan/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    So 'The Coup,' the action thriller with Pierce Brosnan and Owen Wilson, is being financed and will start shooting in November:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/bold-films-gets-35-million-comerica-infusion-will-finance-the-coup-with-owen-wilson-and-pierce-brosnan/

Pierce is going to be having some spectacular thrillers coming up, it seems. Good to see him working in a genre I think he complements.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you know I'm looking forward to them!
  • oo7oo7
    why has stallone not sought to cast an old bond yet?