Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm on a Hitchcock roll; Last night I watched North by Northwest and the night before Rear Window; both are great movies. From Russia with Love really has a Hitchcock feel to it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    What a coincidence just watch Rear Window from my recently acquired Essential Hitchcock Blu ray boxset, Vertigo, North By North West, Psycho & The Birds to go, can't wait.

Thought about the bigger set but this more recent one captures the best and the only Hitch films I wanted.

Rear Window looks stunning in HD and stands up as full blown masterpiece, such a masterful piece of Cinema, James Stewart plays the everyman better than any actor who ever lived, the script is pure brilliance and every aspect of this classic just sings.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've declined to see WWZ precisely because of Forster's involvement. I thought he did a terrible job on QoS. Is WWZ actually a better use of his talents?

A good portion of the first act has a lot of those fast cuts everyone hated from QoS, but after that, the film's editing gets a lot better. Like I said in another thread, the film was grand and epic in scale, unlike any zombie film you've seen before, and it was very tense throughout. You should give it a watch.
    The Bourne Legacy: Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Liked the Jason Bourne nods although I did think there was too many of them. Would like to see more of Renner's Aaron Cross character though.
    Did a cinema double bill today!
    World War Z: A welcome style change when it comes to Zombies I thought! Certainly wide open for a follow up?
    Man Of Steel: Thoroughly enjoyed this! I like the darker tone, didn't bother me that the Superman theme was not used, and I have to say that Zod and his female henchwoman were superb! I have to also say that I think Cavil plays Superman well and had an echo for me of our beloved Mr Reeve. Bring on part 2! :-bd
    @RogueAgent, thankfully, I'm pretty sure they're moving ahead with a sequel to 'World War Z' after the opening weekend predictions exceeded expectations.
    001 wrote:
    Watched Django Unchained, Die Hard 5, The Last Stand and Jack Reacher this past week. Jack Reacher for me was the best out of these movies, surprised me was not what i expected.

I watched Django Unchained recently too and thought it would be better than it was.
    I also give it a 7/10.

Felt some of the dialog scenes were over long by tarantino standards. To be honest by the end of the film i was beginning to lose interest. Though as another poster stated, Tarantino was a brave as ever. Still think Reservoir Dogs is his best movie.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, thankfully, I'm pretty sure they're moving ahead with a sequel to 'World War Z' after the opening weekend predictions exceeded expectations.

Excellent, was not aware of that. Be interesting to see where they go with it next?
    @RogueAgent, I've never read the book, but most people said that the only thing the film shares with the book is the title, yet Pitt went on to say that "We'll see." because they barely scratched an inch of the book, so there's much more material to go on.

This isn't a spoiler, as it wasn't in the film, but on the rare chance someone expects the same as I did:
    I remember reading an interview (and the scene could be in the book) where they planned to have lots of boats covering a huge beach in France that are loading up survivors, when thousands of zombies rush the beach and start killing people and diving onto the boats. That would've been a great scene and I would love to see something like that in the sequel. Gerry gets back to his family, but there's much more that he could go out and do.
    Tower Heist (2011)
    Average film 6/10
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Flight (2012) : a masterpiece by Robert Zemeckis, starring Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, John Goodman... (breathless action)
  • Stan Helsing - put this on just for the Leslie Nielsen appearance. No surprise to say I didn't finish. Nielsen his usual self hut awful awful movie.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Shardlake wrote:
    Captain America is utter junk and by far the worst of all the Marvel films, that being said I was utterly underwhelmed by The Avengers, a certain other blockbuster released last year left it standing and that didn't rely on C.G.I to tell it's story.

Yes I mean Skyfall.

I actually like Captain America. While it's not as good as Iron-Man 1 & 2 (still haven't seen the third) and Thor, it was on par with The Incredible Hulk. I like The Avengers as well but wasn't a huge fan of it as most fans.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shardlake wrote:
    Captain America is utter junk and by far the worst of all the Marvel films, that being said I was utterly underwhelmed by The Avengers, a certain other blockbuster released last year left it standing and that didn't rely on C.G.I to tell it's story.

Yes I mean Skyfall.

I actually like Captain America. While it's not as good as Iron-Man 1 & 2 (still haven't seen the third) and Thor, it was on par with The Incredible Hulk. I like The Avengers as well but wasn't a huge fan of it as most fans.

I liked Captain America too. Very clever stuff in that film.
    Shardlake wrote:

Yes I mean Skyfall.

I liked Captain America too. Very clever stuff in that film.

I also liked Captain America. I haven't watched it in a while so i'll have to give it another run but i've got so many fims i have to watch before it so it might take awhile.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I loved Captain America. It's my second favorite Marvel's Avenger movie. The Avengers being my favorite.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I also liked Captain America: The First Avenger. I have not seen all the marvel films, but of the ones that I have seen (The First Avenger, Iron Man 2 & The Avengers), The First Avenger was my favourite.

THE-OMEN-creased-poster1.jpg

I have seen more horror films that I would want to count. But this film, it doesn't matter how many times i've watched it, is one of the few horror films that I think is genuinely creepy. It's agonising to watch, if you already know who dies and how.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I also liked Captain America: The First Avenger. I have not seen all the marvel films, but of the ones that I have seen (The First Avenger, Iron Man 2 & The Avengers), The First Avenger was my favourite.

I have seen more horror films that I would want to count. But this film, it doesn't matter how many times i've watched it, is one of the few horror films that I think is genuinely creepy. It's agonising to watch, if you already know who dies and how.

I still need to watch that'n. Not many things creep me out, so I hope you are right! :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I still need to watch that'n. Not many things creep me out, so I hope you are right! :)

The Omen is guaranteed to give you the willies. Hearing Ave Satani alone is enough to send a shiver down ones spine.
    Ugh. 'The Omen' is definitely how @MajorDSmythe explained it: no matter how many times you see it or even if you know the outcome of the movie, it's creepy and eerie every time I view it. Amazing film.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, I've never read the book, but most people said that the only thing the film shares with the book is the title, yet Pitt went on to say that "We'll see." because they barely scratched an inch of the book, so there's much more material to go on.

This isn't a spoiler, as it wasn't in the film, but on the rare chance someone expects the same as I did:
    I remember reading an interview (and the scene could be in the book) where they planned to have lots of boats covering a huge beach in France that are loading up survivors, when thousands of zombies rush the beach and start killing people and diving onto the boats. That would've been a great scene and I would love to see something like that in the sequel. Gerry gets back to his family, but there's much more that he could go out and do.

That would be a great scene to see if they follow up this film?
    @RogueAgent, I would be as giddy as a school girl if they added that. I actually read that the third act was completely untelevised in any trailers, so I honestly thought that that was the finale. Unfortunately, I was wrong, but they could always do it in a sequel.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    260px-Confession_2011_series_logo.jpg
    Movies about hitmen are... hit or miss, this one was mediocre. It was only an hour long (it was a ten part web series) so I didn't feel like my time was wasted.
    Le mans(1971)
    Great racing scenes but crap story. 6/10 because i love motor racing.
    001 wrote:
    Le mans(1971)

Do you have any interest in Ron Howard's new movie 'Rush'?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    001 wrote:
    Le mans(1971)

Do you have any interest in Ron Howard's new movie 'Rush'?

I have seen the trailer and it looks fantastic.
    It's about the 1976 season where niki lauda and james hunt battle for the f1 world championship.It was a very eventful season to put it mildly.
    I actually have some of those races on dvd which are very rare.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 23,564
    After Earth

Not a bad film IMO. It got massacred over the issue of nepotism but I couldn't possibly care about that. It's a beautiful film, well shot, well paced, well acted (and that includes Jaden Smith). The story isn't the most original you'll ever get but if told well, even familiar stories can make for good entertainment. My kind of sci-fi.
    @001, 'Rush' looks fantastic to me. I've never been big into Formula One racing or anything like that, but it looks excellent and that kind of setting and world has me more than interested.
    Silver lining playbook - a very amusing and good movie, Lawrence did deserve that oscar!

Pirates - Aardman being funny on the subjects of the scum of the Sea (well sort of)

Papilon - McQueen & Hoffman in the mother of all prisonbreak movies, every time again I am impressed again

Star Trek into the Darkness - The 2nd time with my daughter who is a fan of Cumberbatch and DS9, better than the first time. A great Reboot of a dryed out series of tv shows and movies.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Hunger Games- Surprisingly emotionally effective, somewhat derivative of other movie/novel concepts, yet presented in a refreshing manor. More personally impacting to me as the next instalment in the series is on its way soon.