Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Amateur (1994)

movie_51471.jpg

I'll just chalk this up as a black comedy, with an uneven tone (the scene in the field felt too slapstick).

Isabelle Huppert ranking: 7/15
    "The Dark Knight Rises" Brilliant and Bane was just awesome. An intelligent, menacing villain with an intellectual sounding voice! Great movie! :-bd
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    "The Dark Knight Rises" Brilliant and Bane was just awesome. An intelligent, menacing villain with an intellectual sounding voice! Great movie! :-bd

I am so glad you liked it, @RogueAgent! I can't wait until you see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol!!!
    RogueAgent wrote:

I am so glad you liked it, @RogueAgent! I can't wait until you see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol!!!

Funnily enough that is my late night film tonight! :-bd Will post my thoughts tomorrow at somepoint. Get a good feeling about it so i am looking forward to it very much!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Funnily enough that is my late night film tonight! :-bd Will post my thoughts tomorrow at somepoint. Get a good feeling about it so i am looking forward to it very much!

And you have seen all the past films?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I have indeed, would have to say although i enjoyed the 1st one i think the 3rd so far is my favourite as it came across as far more of a team effort. Wasn't super keen on the 2nd installment.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I have indeed, would have to say although i enjoyed the 1st one i think the 3rd so far is my favourite as it came across as far more of a team effort. Wasn't super keen on the 2nd installment.

Awesome. This film will mean much more since you have that background. Enjoy, my friend!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Watched 'Parker' last night. Not the biggest fan - for some reason, horrible CGI blood takes me out of films - and the acting was quite stale. Statham is great as usual, though.

I just finished 'The Last Stand' and was heavily surprised at how it turned out. I really enjoyed it. Schwarzenegger still proves that irrelevant of age, he is not a man to be screwed with.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Watched 'Parker' last night. Not the biggest fan - for some reason, horrible CGI blood takes me out of films - and the acting was quite stale. Statham is great as usual, though.

I just finished 'The Last Stand' and was heavily surprised at how it turned out. I really enjoyed it. Schwarzenegger still proves that irrelevant of age, he is not a man to be screwed with.

After seeing Django, I will be hard pressed to find cooler blood sprays in action scenes. I am curious how they pulled that off, because it was pretty darn cool and quite...Well, exploitative! ;))
    Ghost Protocol: Brilliant movie! I hope the 5th installment goes along the TEAM dynamic again? My only request is to have Vin Raimes Luthor charactor in it more.

WarHorse: Speechless at this one. Fantastic film! Loved it!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ghost Protocol: Brilliant movie! I hope the 5th installment goes along the TEAM dynamic again? My only request is to have Vin Raimes Luthor charactor in it more.

I am so glad you enjoyed it! What did you think when
    Julia shows up at the end? That got me to tear up when I saw it, and I thought it was a beautiful touch and perfect ending to the film.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, they used blood bags and squibs. The bags were hidden in the actors outfits, and would release an electrical charge to send the 'hit' of blood outward from their costume via a wire or a remote control. It's what makes the shots so realistic and meaty. Here's a great interview on it:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/how-they-got-those-crazy-blood-spurts-in-django.html

That's what I want to see more of. I tire of all of this terrible CGI blood: it's beyond generic looking, and it takes me right out of the experience for the film. The new 'Texas Chainsaw' film used CGI blood, and it's something I never, ever want to see, especially in a horror film.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, they used blood bags and squibs. The bags were hidden in the actors outfits, and would release an electrical charge to send the 'hit' of blood outward from their costume via a wire or a remote control. It's what makes the shots so realistic and meaty. Here's a great interview on it:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/how-they-got-those-crazy-blood-spurts-in-django.html

That's what I want to see more of. I tire of all of this terrible CGI blood: it's beyond generic looking, and it takes me right out of the experience for the film. The new 'Texas Chainsaw' film used CGI blood, and it's something I never, ever want to see, especially in a horror film.
    I am familiar with the use of blood bags, but have never heard of using an electrical charge to shoot the blood outward. That's pretty awesome, and really does make the action feel more real. Thanks for the link!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you're quite welcome! They had to have proper protection for it, though, as it could possibly leave burn marks and that bruising, which is pretty insane. I guess the interview's right: you really needn't act like you've just been shot when it probably feels like it!

I just don't think it can be that hard to use more realistic blood in films. Going the CGI route is pathetic and really takes me out of the experience. I don't see the logic behind it. Does it save money or something? I don't get it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2013 Posts: 16,333
    ffolkes AKA North Sea Hijack.
    Roger Moore, James Mason, Anthony Perkins.
    ffolkes.jpg
    A pretty good terrorist ransom film. Roger Moore is the best part of this movie and plays the character of ffolkes very differently than he plays Bond or any other character for that matter. Not a bad little movie. It even has some Bond regulars such as David Hedison and George Baker. Anthony Perkins of Psycho was also very good in this movie as the villain. It felt like an off Brand Bond Movie which was nice.
    7/10.
    220px-The_Mummy_Returns_poster.jpg
    A fairly fun movie, though not as good as the first. I also didn't care too much for the plot concerning Rick's all of a sudden 'destiny' and such (where was all that in the first movie??). I can say that double decker bus action scene is probably the series best, however. Oh and Alan Silvestri's score, while a bit repetitive, is totally awesome.

6/10
    RogueAgent wrote:

I am so glad you enjoyed it! What did you think when
    Julia shows up at the end? That got me to tear up when I saw it, and I thought it was a beautiful touch and perfect ending to the film.

I certainly did not see it coming until the very end when Hunt was suggesting otherwise? Completely agree with how the movie finished.
    @RogueAgent, I agree with you: I really hope that Rhames does return for the next film.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, I agree with you: I really hope that Rhames does return for the next film.

It was great seeing him again, sadly though not for long enough!
    Fast and the furious, the 1st movie, it is actually quite a tame movie.

SaintMark wrote:

I would've been jealous if it was the new one. Those films are a guilty pleasure of mine (excluding a few), and I look forward to seeing this newest one this weekend.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

I would've been jealous if it was the new one. Those films are a guilty pleasure of mine (excluding a few), and I look forward to seeing this newest one this weekend.

My regular movie-mate, the one I get to see the more male oriented guilty pleasures has nightshift and when he is done I have eveningshifts. So I am not sure I'll see number 6 somewhere in the next 8 days. And these movies are best enjoyed in male cameraderie.

RogueAgent wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

It was great seeing him again, sadly though not for long enough!

I am sure it has been explained already, by why wasn't Ving in it beyond a cameo?
    edited May 2013 Posts: 40,514
    @SaintMark, absolutely, though my girlfriend loves the films, so her and I have decided to do a double feature this weekend with that and 'The Hangover III,' which has gotten some pretty negative reviews thus far. It doesn't look the best, but I saw the last two in theaters and won't feel right not finishing out the trilogy in the same way.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, budgetary issues led to Rhames not being in the film past a cameo. With that, I surmise they didn't want to pay him as much as he wanted for a full role. But, he's said if they cough up more cash (given how much 'MI:GP' made, that shouldn't be a problem), then he would gladly be in the fifth installment.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, budgetary issues led to Rhames not being in the film past a cameo. With that, I surmise they didn't want to pay him as much as he wanted for a full role. But, he's said if they cough up more cash (given how much 'MI:GP' made, that shouldn't be a problem), then he would gladly be in the fifth installment.

Interesting. Though, MIGP was still great sans Luther, and I really couldn't imagine a spot where he would have fit into the film properly. Maybe they tweaked the script to make up for his absence and that is why I feel that way?

I would have loved to get Brad Bird, Tom and co. commentary on the DVD/Blu-ray discs, but apparently Bird isn't a fan of them. Funny, considering he did an amazing commentary track for The Incredibles, his magnum opus of sorts.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I feel like the way Pegg's character turned out that they would have a spot for Luther now. Tech guy on the ground, tech guy away from the action. Granted, Luther has done that role already, but maybe Pegg can become more action-oriented now.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I feel like the way Pegg's character turned out that they would have a spot for Luther now. Tech guy on the ground, tech guy away from the action. Granted, Luther has done that role already, but maybe Pegg can become more action-oriented now.
    Yes, Benji did pass his field exam, so that could work out. Plus, Pegg was hilarious in the role and I would love to see him again in the same capacity as MIGP.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you and I both. Maybe Benji realizes that he prefers the field to the computer (given the events he experiences in GP) and wants to keep with it.
    Kick Ass

Still love it. Best superhero film ever made by far.
    Kick Ass

Still love it. Best superhero film ever made by far.
    I still need to see that one.