Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    That is epic
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    WOW check this guy out:

8fc3d1ddc7476a12e53b2748e0ed6893-incredible-solid-snake-cosplay.jpg

Big Boss from Peace Walker, carrying his MGS3 1911A1 (which is available in Peace Walker) and Solid Snake's CQC knife...

still awesome.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    WOW check this guy out:

8fc3d1ddc7476a12e53b2748e0ed6893-incredible-solid-snake-cosplay.jpg

That. Is. Amazing!
    GROSS I found 'The End' in real life!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzLnZZFthjipVg-HIfIG49Q1Ufr6K6rzDeBR6xn33LnAT9Xtz3
    83314418.gif
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's just as disgusting to watch a real guy do it as watching The End.
    that is disturbing. This is The End
    This article from IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/31/is-david-hayter-returning-for-metal-gear-solid-v?abthid=51a870f0a55b4cce66000003

speculates that David Hayter may in fact be back for MGSV. I damn well hope so.
    Speaking of-- now that the dust has settled and we've had some time to reflect on all the news of Phantom Pain, does anyone agree that David Hayter is totally in the game (at the very least in a Solid Snake cameo)? Remember how Kojima loves to tease us and trick us
    This article from IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/31/is-david-hayter-returning-for-metal-gear-solid-v?abthid=51a870f0a55b4cce66000003

speculates that David Hayter may in fact be back for MGSV. I damn well hope so.
    Ha! I was right!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGrRheYSIF98WB9Ukm2Btw5XvK3Blz9OLH7i8lzZ1dEgxfV8B3
    Oh yes, please let Hayter return!
    Maybe at the E3 preshow next Thursday, we'll find out. Anybody other than I going to watch it live at 1PM EST?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A funny parody I found.
    Interesting - according to this, Kiefer Sutherland is Snake!
    I wonder it's another trick; in the initial Phantom Pain trailer, the bandaged dude sounded suspiciously like Sutherland...

http://kotaku.com/kiefer-sutherland-is-snake-511672325
    Interesting - according to this, Kiefer Sutherland is Snake!
    I wonder it's another trick; in the initial Phantom Pain trailer, the bandaged dude sounded suspiciously like Sutherland...

http://kotaku.com/kiefer-sutherland-is-snake-511672325

That is awesome! :D
    I don't know what to say... Kiefer Sutherland is a terrific actor, but I don't know if I want him as Snake. David Hayter has masterfully crafted these two characters of Snake and Big Boss over the course of fifteen years, and I don't know if I can accept a new voice now or not. How can I accept the two people who say "dammit" the most having the exact same actor?!

I guess I'm willing to try. It'll be difficult, but I'll try.
    I don't know what to say... Kiefer Sutherland is a terrific actor, but I don't know if I want him as Snake. David Hayter has masterfully crafted these two characters of Snake and Big Boss over the course of fifteen years, and I don't know if I can accept a new voice now or not. How can I accept the two people who say "dammit" the most having the exact same actor?!

I guess I'm willing to try. It'll be difficult, but I'll try.

What I'm thinking is that Kiefer will play big boss as Big Boss would be in his 60's in the 1990's and maybe David Hayter will play Solid Snake who is much younger in his 20's. in the 90's.
    But, MGSV is set in 1984... not the 90s.

Say, this changes is supposedly because of Big Boss being 49 in MGSV, so does that mean that in Ground Zeroes (1975) David Hayter will still be Big Boss? After all, he was BB at 39, why not at 40?
    But, MGSV is set in 1984... not the 90s.

Say, this changes is supposedly because of Big Boss being 49 in MGSV, so does that mean that in Ground Zeroes (1975) David Hayter will still be Big Boss? After all, he was BB at 39, why not at 40?

Whoops my mistake.

edited June 2013 Posts: 784
    Alright this is cool news. In my mind this is how it plays out: Big Boss (Sutherland) will wake up from his coma and at the end of the game he will face a young Solid Snake (Hayter). Now before we get into how old Snake is, he could potentially be 13 but being a clone this may make him alittle older.

Now here is the tough part, for me Big Boss should sound like Hayter in Ground Zeroes and should only sound like Sutherland after the coma...that makes the most sense to me.

Also this will work out perfectly when the two characters meet. WE cant have two Hayter's talking with each other, that would be kinda weird...haha Kojima knows what he is doing.
    Y'know, in Static Shock, Phil La Mar played both Static and the Green Lantern at the same time, that wasn't weird.

Plus, I always assumed that Snake aged normally up until MGS1, because in MGS2, Liquid makes reference to Snake's accelerated aging. Solidus was aged prematurely so that he could become President at a certain age (and so that the Patriots could say "Lookee here, we gots us a Big Bozz!!!") (y'know, this now makes me pose a question: certainly some members of the US government still in high enough positions by the time Solidus took office would have met Big Boss, so how did they not notice the similarity?). It's my opinion that Snake's accelerated aging would have started at a later date had he not met Liquid, or had FOXDIE injected into his body. Snake didn't start aging faster until he met Liquid, and his big age jump happened after meeting Solidus, so I think there was something in the clones' genes that affected their aging because they met one another.

G*ddamn, that was a big paragraph of ramble.
    In 1984 all 3 snake clones, solid, liquid and solidus are 12 years old. Solid and liquid age normally, it's only once they trach a certain point in their adult lives that the Shing acceleration kicks in and that happens after shadow Moses, hell, it happens after the events of MGS2. Solidus on the other hand was a perfect clone so his accelerated aging kicked in from the offset; from childhood, so at 12 years old he looked like he was in his mid to late 20s.

As for Hayter possibly being involved in MGSV , I'll wait and see, I'm tired of all the trolling from both Kojima and Hayter, seriously, have you guys seen Hayter's twitter display pic? It's a picture if Sutherland. Something fishy's going on and I'm too burnt out to worry about wtf is going on. I just want this game to be awesome. On another note, if they really wanted to make this game legendary and not have fans cry and moan, they should have cast John Cygan or Richard Foyle to voice BB. Everyone would have been happy with teither if the 2.
    Y'know, in Static Shock, Phil La Mar played both Static and the Green Lantern at the same time, that wasn't weird.

Plus, I always assumed that Snake aged normally up until MGS1, because in MGS2, Liquid makes reference to Snake's accelerated aging. Solidus was aged prematurely so that he could become President at a certain age (and so that the Patriots could say "Lookee here, we gots us a Big Bozz!!!") (y'know, this now makes me pose a question: certainly some members of the US government still in high enough positions by the time Solidus took office would have met Big Boss, so how did they not notice the similarity?). It's my opinion that Snake's accelerated aging would have started at a later date had he not met Liquid, or had FOXDIE injected into his body. Snake didn't start aging faster until he met Liquid, and his big age jump happened after meeting Solidus, so I think there was something in the clones' genes that affected their aging because they met one another.

The accelerated aging in Solid and Liquid was genetically predetermined from day one. If solid and liquid didn't meet each other at all they still would have accelerated aging and fox die has nothing to do with the aging either.
    Have faith in Kojima, he will do what is right.
    The game mechanics, as in BB's combat/defense skills/CQC need a massive overhaul, especially for this game. Just look at all the moves Sam Fisher can pull off in the new splinter cell game.
    doubleoego wrote:
    The game mechanics, as in BB's combat/defense skills/CQC need a massive overhaul, especially for this game. Just look at all the moves Sam Fisher can pull off in the new splinter cell game.

The combat mechanics doesn't really matter in a MGS game, ego. It's the stealth gameplay that gets us to buy MGS, and from what I've seen since the first gameplay trailer for Ground Zeroes, I know it's going to be awesome. And the CQC since Snake Eater has been teriific, and with the new Fox Engine, expect it to be expanded.

Anyway, the announcement of Kiefer Sutherland to play another "Jack" left me with... mixed emotions at the least. We all know he's a terrific actor, but it'd be kinda weird hearing another voice other than Hayter's from BB. And I really hope that Kojima personally approached Hayter for the latter not being in MGSV. Hayter always held him in high regards, so he should also treat him with respect for giving his character's iconic voice for 12 years.
    doubleoego wrote:

The accelerated aging in Solid and Liquid was genetically predetermined from day one. If solid and liquid didn't meet each other at all they still would have accelerated aging and fox die has nothing to do with the aging either.

I didn't say "wouldn't have started", I said "started at a later date". I find it far too coincidental that Snake's aging didn't start until after he met his brothers.
    @emillbrtyello, well the game mechanics matter to me, especially because of the stealth. Punches, round house kicks and kicks to the legs are pathetically pedestrian in this day and age and the CQC needs updating. Look at Fisher's take down moves in the new splinter cell game, he has over 90 stealth-based attacks at his disposal and it looks phenomenal and is something the MGS series should be incorporating, especially for the kegendary soldiers that are Big Boss and Solid Snake.

@agent007391, I don't see the problem or it being a convenient coincidence with the whole aging when it occurred. One of the better things MGS4 did was, provide a plausible answer that had been alluded to or referenced in the previous games regarding BB's falling out with Zero to Solidus' SOL uprising. In MGS2, we see that Solidus looks to be in his 50s when he's actually significantly younger but that had nothing to do with him meeting solid or liquid as he'd never come into contact with either of them prior so the aging aspect was already present. Then, in MGS4, it's explained rather well why the aging is occurring and it's something plausible and not too far fetched, in fact, I'd say its one if the more better explained plot points of the series. For me, it works.
    Some cool news I just came across: it turns out that Kiefer is not only doing the voice, but the motion capture as well! Hiring a full blown actor makes a bit more sense now (not that Hayter still couldn't have done that)
    Yesterday's Konami pre E3 show was somewhat disappointing. The Sutherland reveal wasn't all that surprising to me and I think it's going to work out well. Keifer's voice range as a hero and as a villain is perfect and I think Hayter's voice should be saved for his hopeful eventual return as Solid Snake. That being said, I was hoping to get the new trailer, it's said to be pretty intense footage will be shown, giving it a mature audience rating.
    Cooooooool there he is- in action!

snakekeiferpng-30b5af_610w2.jpg

There are also tons of rumors flying around that Hayter will indeed be back.... as Solid Snake. One way or another, that is-- how they handle the timeline is anyone's guess. I figure if they get Hayter as Snake, it would have to be at least in the 1990's. From what we know so far, Phantom Pain takes place in 1974 & 1984. But again, that's just what we know so far
    That shrapnel in the head still freaks me out. :))