Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    doubleoego wrote:
    I'll give it a watch but you're right, the games are canon. Everything else is just a reinterpretation that can be ignored.

We shouldn't ignore the reinterpretations, it's just that some of them (*cough*MGS2 comic*cough*) are a little worse than the rest, and are looked at by me with a little bit more critical eye.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2013 Posts: 11,139
    Edit.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Post when you didn't mean to?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I haven't yet picked up the MGS Collection but plan too next month. It will be nice to have all the game for PS3.
    I'll eventually get it, but I've got other things on my plate for the future.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/KXXJPbmNKHE?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/KXXJPbmNKHE?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    the kid is either david or frank jager
    Play Portable Ops, the kid's too young to be Frank Jaeger. And learn the series timeline, he's too old to be Solid Snake. Therefore, the kid is Chico. At 6:27 on the very video you posted, Kaz says "[Chico]'s being held in the same area as Paz". Camp Omega, where the Ground Zeroes portion seems to take place, is in Cuba, where Kaz says Paz is, meaning that Paz is in Camp Omega, meaning that Chico is in Camp Omega.

Watch these MGSV trailers again, in this order:

Ground Zeroes (the one you posted)
    Phantom Pain GDC

During the Ground Zeroes trailer, you see Big Boss wearing a specific kind of sneaking suit. He wears this during the scenes in the GDC trailer which are:

Helicopter, flying out toward Mother Base
    Mother Base assault
    Hospital where he lapses into a coma

These are all set after the Ground Zeroes trailer. Directly after, in 1975. Solid Snake and Liquid Snake (and maybe Solidus, I'm still uncertain when he was born) would be all of three years old. Gray Fox (aka Frank Jaeger) would be 20-21 years old. These point to the kid being Chico because he's too young to be Gray Fox and too old to be Solid Snake. This is the part I feel you need to pay attention to me. You seem to be ignoring the fact that there's a time jump during the game, from 1975 (Ground Zeroes, when Big Boss enters his coma) and 1984 (The Phantom Pain, when he exits the coma). The sections with Eli (presumably Liquid Snake) are set during the 1984 section, hence if he was Liquid, he'd be 12. The kid in Ground Zeroes (Chico) is not the same age as Eli (Liquid).

So, after all of my very carefully researched proof that the kid in the Ground Zeroes is Chico and not either Solid Snake or Gray Fox, please show me one bit of proof that tells you that it is.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 784
    Metal Gear Solid - Konami on Facebook has been counting down their top MGS1 moments, and a discussion came up about the ending of MGS1 as determined by the torture scene outcome.

Somebody posted this article and I thought it was interesting:

http://www.deltaheadtranslation.com/MGS2/DOTM16.htm

My MGS Collection just arrived so a replay of all the games is in order I think.
    here is a Q/A with the master himself Hideo Kojima. This was posted on the Metal Gear Solid facebook page: http://kotaku.com/kojima-talks-metal-gear-solid-v-clones-sexiness-1262231488

So he prefers writing the story of Big Boss...right on!!
    Big Boss is just a better character to explore. Solid Snake is pretty much the same from one game to the next, the only thing that really changes is how bitter he is and how much he smokes. (And, despite oo7's stubbornness, he is not the kid in the Ground Zeroes trailer! It's f*cking Chico! And oo7 still hasn't provided me with one reason as to why it's supposedly Snake.) Big Boss, on the other hand, has a tragic story that shows a good soldier becoming a ruthless tyrant, even if it is for the right reasons.
  • oo7oo7
    I just think the kid looks nothing like chico, peace walker for me has fallen into some kind of play to unlock hidden levels mode for me so i have given up the grind, i guess mgsv will fill in what i have missed.
    Another note here, Metal-Gear-Solid-Phantom-Pain-Quiet-Character-Model-2.jpg
    just started noticing that quiet sports a glove over the left arm, are they hiding a bait and switch like metal gear solid 2?
    What are you suggesting? (I'm being serious, what are you suggesting?)
  • oo7oo7
    she too sports a cyber left arm, she could be the new raiden
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    She has lovely....assets. ;)) I hope she's a playable character.
  • oo7oo7
    edited September 2013 Posts: 1,068
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    She has lovely....assets.
    Murdock wrote:
    ....assets.

photo.jpg
    oo7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    photo.jpg
    What does my picture have to do with anything @oo7? :-?
  • oo7oo7
    its that dead pan expression, and that stupid line you spun. its as terrible as if pierce himself dropped it i had to link them.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 16,330
    It's just some funny repartee. My character Bruce Murdock says more cheesy lines than Pierce's Bond. :))

Oh and I think "This" is the expression your looking for. :D
    mgs%20metal%20gear%20solid%20solid%20snake%20egoraptor%201600x1280%20wallpaper_www.animalhi.com_61.jpg
    oo7 wrote:

Raiden had no cybernetic arm in MGS2.
    oo7 wrote:

He does in 4 and Revengeance.
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:

facepalm.jpeg
    a regular sherlock holmes here
    You said this first.
    oo7 wrote:
    like metal gear solid 2?

To which I asked you what you meant. Then, you said,
    oo7 wrote:

If this was not an answer to my question, nor was it in any way related to MGS2, why didn't you say so? So, therefore, my answer of

makes sense relating to the two above posts, which, taken at face value, are related to one another. Raiden had no cybernetic arm in MGS2, so your post regarding her being like Raiden from MGS2, like you said, makes absolutely no sense. It is MGS4 and Rising Raiden (the two inferior ones, in my opinion) who have cybernetic limbs.
  • oo7oo7
    You said this first.
    oo7 wrote:
    like metal gear solid 2?

To which I asked you what you meant. Then, you said,
    oo7 wrote:

If this was not an answer to my question, nor was it in any way related to MGS2, why didn't you say so? So, therefore, my answer of

makes sense relating to the two above posts, which, taken at face value, are related to one another. Raiden had no cybernetic arm in MGS2, so your post regarding her being like Raiden from MGS2, like you said, makes absolutely no sense. It is MGS4 and Rising Raiden (the two inferior ones, in my opinion) who have cybernetic limbs.

41EE0evtz0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

quiet sports a glove over the left arm, are they hiding a bait and switch like metal gear solid 2?
    New Japanese gameplay demo, from TGS. The English version's supposed to be up on their website soon.

Yeah saw this yesterday and was pissed that Kojima felt the need to talk all over the footage like some overhyped dj.
    I paid more attention to the gameplay than Kojima talking (though I'll tell you, I'm very glad he was speaking Japanese; Kojima speaks English like. A. Disajointed. Mentaru. Patient. I made no typos, he's just speaks like that; English isn't his first language, and he should stick to Japanese). I was so very happy that the guards had exclamation points over their heads. I'd heard talk about them taking the exclamation points out.

All in all, the new gameplay enhancements, which angered me a couple days ago, now seem just fine. The weapon wheel (those are getting really common now) doesn't seem to be a problem, and the regenerating health is probably going to be just fine. I think MGSV is going to end up my Game of the Year 2014/15, depending on when it comes out.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 784
    The game play looks amazing. So smooth! I am looking forward to the English trailer.

This was posted on their facebook page: " Every screen, every video, everything we know about METAL GEAR SOLID: GROUND ZEROES and METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN, all in one place" : http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/en/home.html

Pretty cool!
    My only problem was that TGS was supposed to be the place where they showed off the next-gen version of the game, and sadly, it doesn't look really any better than the already superior-to-anything-else-on-the-market-for-the-next-ten-years current-gen version.
    I just want to hear more of what Sutherland sounds like as BB.

Also, I'm delighted that HGW is returning.
    I'm very glad that Harry Gregson-Williams is returning. His music was great in MGS4, specifically the music for Liquid's massacre at the end of Act 3.