Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    And I'm asking you again why do you think he's a good choice! Is it that difficult I ask?

No it isn't. I want him as Bond, simple as that.

Do we have another troll in our midst? Simply insane.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

What is the problem of me to want him as the next Bond? What does exactly hurt you?
    X3MSonicX wrote:

What is the problem of me to want him as the next Bond? What does exactly hurt you?

You seem to be basing it entirely on the fact that he's Brozzas son rather than his CV.

What basis is that to select an actor for one of the biggest roles in cinema? Are you seriously saying there are no better actors in the world or is having the same DNA as Brozza the key requirement when selecting a new Bond now?

To say he should be on the shortlist for when Craig retires is pretty out there but to allege he's 'now the best choice' is almost scary.

What's Jason Connery doing these days by the way?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    What basis is that to select an actor for one of the biggest roles in cinema? Are you seriously saying there are no better actors in the world or is having the same DNA as Brozza the key requirement when selecting a new Bond now?

Sorry if you understood it like that, but wasn't what I meant to be. And I'm not saying that Michael Fassbender, as an example, isn't a bad choice. What I'm actually trying to say is, as Brosnan made a great job with his Bond, maybe his son can bring back the legacy of his era, but with HIS acting. It would be nice to see that.

thelion wrote:
    I've always thought that Terence Stamp would've made a terrific Bond on the 70's.

I've found one fan poster with Stamp as Bond:

Hartter+Bond.jpg

Like it. Kneel before Bond!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    And I'm asking you again why do you think he's a good choice! Is it that difficult I ask?
    So what that Pierce wants to see his son Bond, I'm sure my father would love to see me win a Nobel prize. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but it doesn't make it more probable, does it?

Well, I think you deserve one too, if that means something. ;;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:
    So what that Pierce wants to see his son Bond, I'm sure my father would love to see me win a Nobel prize. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but it doesn't make it more probable, does it?

Thanks Brady, but I have to make a groundbreaking discovery before I deserve one. You don't even know what my work is about for heaven's sake!
    What's Jason Connery doing these days by the way?

Remember in the 90s, when there was a rumour going around that Sony were going to make a rival Bond series and that Jason Connery was going to play Bond?

Lots of strange Bond rumours have been thrown around (Rachel Weisz as head of Quantum is another good one), but this has to be my favourite.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Yeah I remember Connery's son and even Moore's son Geoffrey being mentioned. Not sure how it would have turned out if that happened.... I mean, isn't Geoffrey a chef?? :D

...... does Tim have an actor son? ;)

*edit- actually, Roger's son doesn't look bad at all! Still doesn't mean he's an actor though
    geoffrey-moore-es.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    OK, wasn't Roger Moore's son sort of mentioned at one point? What was his name?
    Not only Sean's son ...

Tim's son ... I don't know if he's an actor. But Peter O'Toole (not a former Bond, I know) has a son who is an actor now (Lorcan O'Toole).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Thanks Brady, but I have to make a groundbreaking discovery before I deserve one. You don't even know what my work is about for heaven's sake!

Sometimes it isn't the classification of the job, but the determination of the occupant that wins the day.
    I think that Daltons son is still a kid.

Wasn't Daltons ex (the kids mum) with Mel Gibson for a bit? Imagine how cool that'd be, James Bond is your dad and Mad Max your step dad.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I think Dalton's son is about 16 (info via wikipedia). Hope he is doing well and that he and Timothy are close (no idea; I just hope so).

Dalton's ex is the lovely former Russian singer/musician who was more recently with Mel Gibson, yes.
    She and Mel had a terrible split. They have a young child together. I think Gibson was convicted (or pleaded no contest) for harrassing her, threatening her, something like that. My respect for Mel continues to slide.

Though I do love Mad Max and the first Lethal Weapon.
    We can't have Sean Brosnan as Bond.
    Why?
    Hi name.
    When us fans refer to Sean or Brosnan now, we know who is being spoken about!
    If Sean Brosnan lands the coveted role, we'd have to start referring to Sean C and Sean B, and P Brosnan and S Brosnan!
    Too tricky! :)
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 16
    This might seem stupid, but how about Brad Pitt? Or maybe Christian Bale? >:D<
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Zeus wrote:
    This might seem stupid, but how about Brad Pitt? Or maybe Christian Bale? >:D<

Brad Pitt isn't even British. Christian Bale could git but I don't think he could play Bond because he's already Batman and I heard he wouldn't take the role of Bond even if he isn't Batman. Don't get me wrong, he fits Bond really well, but he would turn down the role if he was given that offer.

• edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Bond fighting a Jaws/Oddjob type henchman.

Some of it is too flashy and martial artsy for Bond though.
    My respect for Mel continues to slide.

Though I do love Mad Max and the first Lethal Weapon.

Agreed. I love some of his work, especially Mad Max, but in real life the guy is clearly mental.
    Zeus wrote:
    This might seem stupid, but how about Brad Pitt? <

This MIGHT be stupid? Think again...

• By physique and charisma Henry "Superman" Cavil has an edge over any other actor aspiring to become BOND in the near future. It is time Craig quit and Cavil enters if we really want to save the escapist entertainment tempo of James Bond!
    senthilvel wrote:
    By physique and charisma Henry "Superman" Cavil has an edge over any other actor aspiring to become BOND in the near future. It is time Craig quit and Cavil enters if we really want to save the escapist entertainment tempo of James Bond!

Really? Sorry, but there ain't no near future at this point. Plus Cavill will be seen as Superman now.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    This might seem stupid, but how about Brad Pitt? <

This MIGHT be stupid? Think again...

I would have been a tad more scathing GL but we agree again.
    Germanlady wrote:
    senthilvel wrote:
    By physique and charisma Henry "Superman" Cavil has an edge over any other actor aspiring to become BOND in the near future. It is time Craig quit and Cavil enters if we really want to save the escapist entertainment tempo of James Bond!

Really? Sorry, but there ain't no near future at this point. Plus Cavill will be seen as Superman now.

And again. This really is becoming a habit. If I carry on like this I'll have to get a massive DC tattoo (Jed Maxwell rules!!) across my chest like you presumably have and camp outside his house with you.

Yup, strange times. But I feel, we will be back to old form at some point. >:) Until then, I enjoy some agreement. But no, no tattoo for this lady. DC has enough for both of us. ;)
    Yeah I remember Connery's son and even Moore's son Geoffrey being mentioned. Not sure how it would have turned out if that happened.... I mean, isn't Geoffrey a chef?? :D

...... does Tim have an actor son? ;)

*edit- actually, Roger's son doesn't look bad at all! Still doesn't mean he's an actor though
    geoffrey-moore-es.jpg

Moore's son does look like Bond, but nothing like Moore's Bond on that pic.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    "Kneel before Bond!"

Read this article today on IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/terence-stamp-talks-aborted-plans-for-james-bond

I certainly didn't know this and I know some people had mentioned on this thread how he could have been Bond back in 70s.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Artemis81 wrote:
    "Kneel before Bond!"

Read this article today on IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/terence-stamp-talks-aborted-plans-for-james-bond

I certainly didn't know this and I know some people had mentioned on this thread how he could have been Bond back in 70s.

I could have seen it:

stamp01.jpg

The-Collector-Freddie-Clegg-3.jpg

The-Limey-1999-Terence-Stamp-pic-6.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Terence Stamp is a fine actor, I think he would have been great.
    When would he have started his era? DAF? LALD? Later than that?
    Since Connery has defined the characterization of Bond and there is no escape from comparing with his portrayal whenever Bond changes his skins, a Bond actor should be 6'2" by height and the tuxedo should fit him like Connery or Moore. Bond should be quick in his movements and judgements. Handling girls and gadgets besides his guns should be stylish and believable. No sentiments please! Sentiment mixing makes Bond character a laughing stock.
    I do wish Stamp had been in OHMSS. He is a fine actor and has the looks, too.
    I guess that by the 19th page of this discussion, he must have already surfaced, but what would you think of Damian Lewis
    tumblr_m737oaYjmF1qik3uko1_500.png
    Despite his great role in Homeland and Life, the guy is British.
    I'll begin with the minuses : His hair color (Craig was blond, but red is a bit extreme for 007) and he's just slightly younger than Craig (but Moore was older than Connery when he took the part).

But apart from that, he's an amazing actor, he's got charisma, humour, he's solid, sexy enough.
    I would definitely like to see him as Bond. Maybe not for many years, but for the transition after Craig for 1 or 2 films with a great story. I am sure he would be great.

If you still doubt it, watch this [url=" http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Trlv9UdIheM"]short film / jaguar ad[/url]