Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ultrabox wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:
    I just read that Tom Hardy is playing Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell. Wouldn't that take him out of the running?

Daniel Craig was in the Tomb Raider movie and it didn't effect him becoming James Bond.

If I remember correctly, he wasn't Lara Croft.

But he got second billing and a supporting character, so that got him a bit famous. Add Layer Cake and that got him a lot of attention, so you see Craig was a bit famous before he became Bond. I don't think Hardy playing as Sam Fisher wouldn't effect his selection to play Bond.

A supporting role isn't the same as being the main character of a brand/franchise. If they're going to make Splinter Cell movies, they'll probably turn out at least three of them. And they're black ops movies, similar enough to Bond to effect the decision. He's also going to be Mad Max. Hardy is going to be the face of two major movie franchises. Craig was in a few notable movies, but was the face of none until Bond. I'm not sure how you think the two scenarios are comparable.

You have successfully hit the nail on the head here, @ultrabox.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I don't remember seeing his name here, but could i quote Tom Cruise as a good next Bond actor choice?
    ultrabox wrote:
    I just read that Tom Hardy is playing Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell. Wouldn't that take him out of the running?

I guess

X3MSonicX wrote:
    I don't remember seeing his name here, but could i quote Tom Cruise as a good next Bond actor choice?

I respectfully disagree. Cruise is an American and is in his mid-40's now that is too old to start to play Bond, I know Roger did it but that was a different time.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Cruise is 50! and he's Tom freakin' Cruise a well known Hollywood A-lister! It's a daft suggestion no offense.
    Nothing against Tom, I'm a casual fan of his, but another problem is he's 3 feet tall
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I assumed @X3MSonicX was making a joke...
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Cruise is also a fudge packer. Bond shouldn't be played by a fudge packer. What? Don't look at me that way, it's true.

• I don't think I've seen Oliver Jackson-Cohen mentioned. He hasn't had as much success as some of the often-mentioned actors like Fassbender, Cavill, or Hardy, and he's near the right age (wikipedia says he was born December 1986).

He was quite good in 2010's "Faster" starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Billy Bob Thornton and himself. His character was an assassin who was kind of like a darker, more athletically/intellectually gifted Bond, with some of Bond's insecurities and the like. He even had a Bond girl-like girlfriend in Maggie Grace.

He's certainly tall, dark, and handsome, but the only knock on his appearance is that he quite frankly looks kind of Jewish, which none of the actors have before. My lack of technological prowess means that I can't post pictures of him, but he's only a two-second google search away if you want to see him/his career.
    Sean Brosnan would make a good James Bond. He could follow in his father's foot steps. Actors from back in the day that could have made a really good James Bond. I would have like to see Steve McQueen play James Bond in OHMSS.
    I don't think I've seen Oliver Jackson-Cohen mentioned. He hasn't had as much success as some of the often-mentioned actors like Fassbender, Cavill, or Hardy, and he's near the right age (wikipedia says he was born December 1986).

He was quite good in 2010's "Faster" starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Billy Bob Thornton and himself. His character was an assassin who was kind of like a darker, more athletically/intellectually gifted Bond, with some of Bond's insecurities and the like. He even had a Bond girl-like girlfriend in Maggie Grace.

He's certainly tall, dark, and handsome, but the only knock on his appearance is that he quite frankly looks kind of Jewish, which none of the actors have before. My lack of technological prowess means that I can't post pictures of him, but he's only a two-second google search away if you want to see him/his career.

Hmm, interesting choice.

Faster-Maggie-Grace-Oliver-Jackson-Cohen.jpg

the-killer.jpg

Faster-image-Dwayne-Johnson-and-Oliver-Jackson-Cohen.jpg
    doubleoego wrote:
    I don't think I've seen Oliver Jackson-Cohen mentioned. He hasn't had as much success as some of the often-mentioned actors like Fassbender, Cavill, or Hardy, and he's near the right age (wikipedia says he was born December 1986).

Hmm, interesting choice.

Faster-Maggie-Grace-Oliver-Jackson-Cohen.jpg

the-killer.jpg

Faster-image-Dwayne-Johnson-and-Oliver-Jackson-Cohen.jpg

Woah ! I just watched this movie last month and I thought . This guy would make the perfect James Bond.

I don't think the pictures do it much justice, when you watch it for yourself you will see how he suits the role.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    How old is he? He looks a bit young to play Bond by now. But i can see he's a great choice. Just take the beard out.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    He was in 1986 so that makes him 27 this year. Of course too young now but we're talking for after Craig.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    He was in 1986 so that makes him 27 this year. Of course too young now but we're talking for after Craig.

Yes, i know. When Craig gets out then, he'll be around 34. But Connery also played Bond when he was young. I saw by this forum he was on his 35 if i remember well. Nothing could stop Oliver Jackson to play Bond ;)
  • To be honest, I didn't get a Bond vibe from him at all. I mean, he's English, wears a suit, and carries a gun...and that's all I got from him in terms of "Bond-ness".
    Connery was 32 when Dr.No was released but he looked like he had really lived. 32 year olds these days still look like teenagers.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 5,745
    doubleoego wrote:
    Connery was 32 when Dr.No was released but he looked like he had really lived. 32 year olds these days still look like teenagers.

And teenagers look like 30 year olds 0_o. That's what'll get you in trouble.
    Lol when in doubt ask for ID
    Henry Cavill looking VERY Bond at a recent Red Carpet event

henry-cavill-critics-choice-movie-awards-01112013-03.jpg
  • I think he looks more like Superman than Bond, with good reason.
    I think he looks too young on that pic. He looked more mature in the Tudors in 2007 (!).
    My vote goes for Henry Cavil or Oliver Jackson-Cohen,
    If you watch 'Faster' you will see that he has the whole Bond vibe.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    We can toss Cavill out the window. We all know MoS is going to be great (finally Superman gets a good film after so long) and Warner Bros. will no doubt want at least two more films with him in the role, and maybe even have him in a Justice League film. He will be all tied up and his fame will be massive.
    Cavill has signed a 3 picture deal as Supes so he's not going to be Bond. Not ever.
    We can toss Cavill out the window. We all know MoS is going to be great (finally Superman gets a good film after so long) and Warner Bros. will no doubt want at least two more films with him in the role, and maybe even have him in a Justice League film. He will be all tied up and his fame will be massive.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Cavill has signed a 3 picture deal as Supes so he's not going to be Bond. Not ever.

:(
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,310
    I, too, think we can stick a fork in Cavill. He's gonna be Superman, the movie will probably be good, sequels will be made and that will be that.

Oliver Jackson-Cohen is actually quite young, but he looks older than he is. I have not seen any of his performances, however, so I couldn't offer a true opinion on him. He's got the look, though.
  • Tom Hardy possesses the acting chops to carry Bond away from Craig's shoulders but will never be Bond because of his teeth. Pure and simple.
    Michael Fassbender's film roles all point to a brilliant performance as Bond. He may not be picked, but I sure as hell want him to play Bond. Any one seen Shame? X-Men: First Class? Haywire? Jane Eyre? He's 35 at the moment so by the time Craig exits he'll be around or just over 40.
  • Tom Hardy possesses the acting chops to carry Bond away from Craig's shoulders but will never be Bond because of his teeth. Pure and simple.
    Michael Fassbender's film roles all point to a brilliant performance as Bond. He may not be picked, but I sure as hell want him to play Bond. Any one seen Shame? X-Men: First Class? Haywire? Jane Eyre? He's 35 at the moment so by the time Craig exits he'll be around or just over 40.

I think if they overlooked Craig's being shorter, less classically handsome, and blonde, they can overlook Tom Hardy's teeth.