Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Tom Hiddleston could probably be a choice after Craig departs.
  • Some good suggestions by the way of Tom Hardy, Matthew Goode and even Jon Hamm but clearly Fassbender is the only choice.

He has the looks, physical toughness, dark edge, charm and tone in his voice.

Just check out his back catalogue from indies like Fish Tank, Hunger, Shame to big pictures like X-Men, Inglorious Basterds, Haywire, A Dangerous Method. He can do anything. Just watch.

Action

Pure Fleming

• We can toss Cavill out the window. We all know MoS is going to be great (finally Superman gets a good film after so long) and Warner Bros. will no doubt want at least two more films with him in the role, and maybe even have him in a Justice League film. He will be all tied up and his fame will be massive.

Cavill seems a bit Brosnan-esque, too good looking, not enough depth or pain in his face, which a Bond needs.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    tomjcull wrote:
    We can toss Cavill out the window. We all know MoS is going to be great (finally Superman gets a good film after so long) and Warner Bros. will no doubt want at least two more films with him in the role, and maybe even have him in a Justice League film. He will be all tied up and his fame will be massive.

Cavill seems a bit Brosnan-esque, too good looking, not enough depth or pain in his face, which a Bond needs.

That's what I love about Dan. He has a face where you can see he has been through things and met challenging times; there is a history there behind the blue eyes.
  • After DC I think they will want to go with a known name...looking at the conventional names here, it ha to be Tom Hardy doesn't it...

I have my own favs for the role...but for a safe pair of hands for three films TH fits the bill.

I do like the chap from Faster that someone mentioned here..

Ultrabox are you a fan of:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcuhjz_ultravox-hymn_music#.UVbQuGtYCSN
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    david tennant?
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1,310
    samainsy wrote:
    david tennant?
    DAVID_TENNANT.png
    "Well, I'm honored!"

I don't think so. ;)
  • Had a thought.

Mark Strong either as Bond or a villain. He's buddies with Craig going back to their break out roles in Our Friends in the North. Strong has proved himself an excellently diverse actor and a match for Craig in all aspects.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0835016/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I wanna see Strong involved somehow, someway in years to come.

• More villainy from Strong here:

• Strong needs to continue doing supporting work like he did in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, not villlains.

I want Philip Seymour Hoffman to be a Bond villain, he was fantastic in MI3
  • Daniel Craig now looks a bit old and his height is the greatest obstacle for him to establish his image as Bond. Bond fans always expect a guy in the line of Connery with a height of 6'2" and charmingly dressed with his famous tuxedo. Connery's original stunts and his facial expressions with one liners and the way he walks and tackles girls and takes on guns.... plus his interludes with Money Penny and Q .... Please somebody tie the bell to the cat so that we can get a refreshing Bond in place of ageing and dry Craig!
  • My worry is that i just don't see too many British or Irish actors out there right now that look the part and if they do they are already established names in Cinema (Fassbender,Hardy,Hiddleston and soon to be Cavill)

Benedict Cumberbatch, i think if he hits the gym like Craig did i'd see a Great Bond in him. But Seen as he's doing the new Star Trek film he'd be a superstar soon enough.
  • RC7RC7
    i think if he hits the gym like Craig did i'd see a Great Bond in him

This is the one thing I don't want to see in the next incarnation. Bond, for me, has never been that bulky. I think Connery probably had the perfect physique. It works for Craig, although I don't like him too stacked, but I'd like a return to a less gym happy Bond next time around. My favourite aspect of the Fleming Bond was his ability to smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish, yet retain his core strength and fitness. It's a fantastical element of the character that I miss. You don't have to be built like a brick you know what to be believable in action scenes.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 28
    RC7 wrote:
    i think if he hits the gym like Craig did i'd see a Great Bond in him

This is the one thing I don't want to see in the next incarnation. Bond, for me, has never been that bulky. I think Connery probably had the perfect physique. It works for Craig, although I don't like him too stacked, but I'd like a return to a less gym happy Bond next time around. My favourite aspect of the Fleming Bond was his ability to smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish, yet retain his core strength and fitness. It's a fantastical element of the character that I miss. You don't have to be built like a brick you know what to be believable in action scenes.

I think thats one great thing Craig bought to the Bond series, is that he looks like he could kill you and that he looks like he was a soilder. The next guy doesn't have to be stacked but at least look like he's in shape. I'm the total opposite of you RC7, he has to look good and having him smoke doesn't matter a jot really. I think every actor should have the same intense work out scheme Craig has, going back to the Moore or Brosnan just isn't visible anymore imo.
  • Richard Armitage from the Hobbit looks like a good fit.

For the last go-round, yes, or if a piano were to fall on Daniel Craig tomorrow, yes, but by the time Craig calls it a day he'll be too old.

For the last go-round, yes, or if a piano were to fall on Daniel Craig tomorrow, yes, but by the time Craig calls it a day he'll be too old.

ah well Warwick Davies then.

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    J
    Richard Armitage from the Hobbit looks like a good fit.

ah well Warwick Davies then.

But only if you want to see a remake of TMWTGG.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    @senthilvel - Sorry you are on the wrong forum.

As for Fassbender, everyone, I just don't get him as Bond.

I think we are a few years away from having Craig finish his run and it will probably be someone either not on our radar now, or a bit young now but in another 5 or 6 years, say, be ready for to be Bond.

I also like Goran Višnjić, who acted on ER, American tv series. But he is about 40 now, possibly making him too old to be Bond after Craig. He can act and he looks the part enough.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GoranVisnjicHWoFJan2012.jpg
    AND I still do not know how to add an image, so I am betting this won't work. Hmmm. Just the wikipedia photo of him with sunglasses. OK, I did click on it and it came up; a minor miracle.
  • I think whoever they pick will end up being fantastic.
  • Strong needs to continue doing supporting work like he did in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, not villlains.

I want Philip Seymour Hoffman to be a Bond villain, he was fantastic in MI3

I think Strong has earned his stripes in the supporting actor trenches for long enough now.

• edited April 2013 Posts: 80
    Robert Pattinson?

Dear God no!

• samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Me? I could be in the future I'd have a great Gun barrel and I'd be amazing even if I wasnt Bond I'd love to have a small part like a soldier who has a main part sort of like in GE when that guard shoots at him and Ourmorov shoots him.Get what I mean.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I want Sean Brosnan.

Pierce already said years ago that he wanted his son to continue his legacy in the Bond story, so he's by now the best choice.
    He's right now 29, when Craig leaves, he'll be perfectly aged.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I want Sean Brosnan.

Pierce already said years ago that he wanted his son to continue his legacy in the Bond story, so he's by now the best choice.
    He's right now 29, when Craig leaves, he'll be perfectly aged.

Why is he the best choice, may I ask?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Sandy wrote:
    Why is he the best choice, may I ask?

For me he is the best choice. The only reason i might say is that i respect Pierce's desire to make his son a Bond actor, i don't see how bad can it be.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    And I'm asking you again why do you think he's a good choice! Is it that difficult I ask?
    So what that Pierce wants to see his son Bond, I'm sure my father would love to see me win a Nobel prize. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but it doesn't make it more probable, does it?
    Support for my choice is growing. Just googled Scott Adkins James Bond and look what I found.

http://www.moviefancentral.com/johnboy16/top10s/27296
    Sandy wrote:
    And I'm asking you again why do you think he's a good choice! Is it that difficult I ask?

No it isn't. I want him as Bond, simple as that.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Sean Brosnan. Hmmm...

He looks the part and if he's like his dad then he'll definitely have the charisma and charm needed, but I haven't seen him in anything so I can't really judge him properly.

I thought Pierce was the perfect cinematic Bond though so who knows. Maybe his son could be just as good if he was cast (although there's really not much chance of it happening).