The 'Agent Under Fire' appreciation thread !!

Comments

Murdock wrote:
    Does anyone else think that Adrian Malprave sounds and looks like Elizabeth Hurley?

Yes she does!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I doubt she is (and I hope she's not).
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Adrian Malprave is a woman? LOL, First Bond villain to be a woman?

That's one of the most-obvious facts from AUF i didn't know.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Clearly you missed out on TWINE? In fact, TWINE and AUF have that in common, the true villain is really a woman (TWINE: Electra King; AUF: Adrian Malprave) and the main bad guy that Bond fights is a bald dude who shouldn't be there at the end (TWINE: Renard, with a bullet in his head; AUF: Bloch, because Bond was certain he'd killed him earlier but it was really a clone).
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Clearly you missed out on TWINE? In fact, TWINE and AUF have that in common, the true villain is really a woman (TWINE: Electra King; AUF: Adrian Malprave) and the main bad guy that Bond fights is a bald dude who shouldn't be there at the end (TWINE: Renard, with a bullet in his head; AUF: Bloch, because Bond was certain he'd killed him earlier but it was really a clone).

Elektra? i didn't know that also. for me it was Renard.
    nah one of the best things i loved was the nude women in the shower- in Night of The Jackal if you get a sniper riffle you can see everything...well not much because there is no nipples but yeah its one of those things that would never happen in Bond games these days
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    002 wrote:
    nah one of the best things i loved was the nude women in the shower- in Night of The Jackal if you get a sniper riffle you can see everything...well not much because there is no nipples but yeah its one of those things that would never happen in Bond games these days

So you liked looking at R in the shower? Something's wrong with you, 002...
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Renard was Electra's pawn, and wasn't much of a villain. He and Bloch are almost one in the same.
    002 wrote:

you have to stand in the hallway and use the sniper riffle to look through the room with the naked girl...
    I know that, but naked girl or not, it's still R.
    002 wrote:

X3MSonicX wrote:

Renard was Electra's pawn, and wasn't much of a villain. He and Bloch are almost one in the same.

This is easily one of the most debated topics about TWINE, as to whether Elektra or Renard was the main villain. I still say it was Elektra, but I could almost see it going either way, quite frankly. The same predicament lies with Georgi Koskov and Brad Whitaker, and Kamal Khan and General Orlov.
    00Beast wrote:
    002 wrote:

X3MSonicX wrote:

This is easily one of the most debated topics about TWINE, as to whether Elektra or Renard was the main villain. I still say it was Elektra, but I could almost see it going either way, quite frankly. The same predicament lies with Georgi Koskov and Brad Whitaker, and Kamal Khan and General Orlov.

So it was the most easiest Villain ever killed by Bond.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    002 wrote:

X3MSonicX wrote:

Who?
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    002 wrote:

X3MSonicX wrote:

Who?

Elektra.
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    002 wrote:

X3MSonicX wrote:

Who?

Elektra.

Yeah. But oddly enough, also one of the most emotional.

Wait.... does anybody notice that this quoted post still starts with a message about a nude R in the shower? lol, guess we went off-topic
    Who knows where else we'll go in this topic?
    Who knows where else we'll go in this topic?

Yeah, if we keep it up, we just might get to add this thread into 0Brady's Most Off-Topic Thread Award!
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 624
    I just picked this one up today for the PS2. It's the only Bond game for PS2 I never owned or played. I got it for $1.99 at Gamestop. (I also reserved 007: Legends for PS3.) Surprisingly, Gamestop calls it James Bond Legends on the reservation receipt.

AUF is not bad. I kinda wish it had a gunbarrel and titles sequence though. Even the generic Bond works decently. The game play is a bit too much for my taste. There's not enough health for the huge amount of people that are shooting at you. It gets frustrating at times.

It reminds me a lot of TWINE for PS1.
    AUF isn't even half as good as its successor, the one-of-a-kind 007 Nightfire. The latter outdid the former in everything, and I do mean everything! Multiplayer, singleplayer, storyline, weapons, music, and best of all, the inclusion of Pierce Brosnan as playable 007!
  • oo7oo7
    I was just disipointed ea didnt continue with the Game bond from this instead of pushing to get Brosnans likeness then connerys. i know how much money those guys chew up in production and that was money that could be going back into the game. i heard that some guy who used to be on eastenders was to be the bond for activisions bloodstone then he got canned at the same time as craig came onto goldeneye. why sell one game with dan craig and not the other i guess was eas thinking.
    agent u7nder fires def looked and played worse than nightfire but for me I def had more fun with the locations provided in agent under fire. cant believe how old these games have got now. i wish Ea would come to an agreement with activision to re releaase the whole back catalogue with trophies/chievos
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    There's a full version, too.
    Whilst Nightfire is superior, it does not take anything away from my appreciation of Agent Under Fire, which is great to play and is fun fun fun!!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I'm playing Cold Reception now. Came across AUF while looking for another game, I cleaned it and put it in. From the good old days when you had the Bond-theme blaring and 2-3 driving levels, stealth and big all-out shootings. with the exception of Streets Of Bucharest, wich has the best soundtrack ever, I haven't been in able to get gold medals on any level starting with Cold Reception. any tips? :P
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Just played the game from start to finish. It has it's flaws but it's still enjoyable.

Pros:
    Descent looking Bond Model
    Great Character models. (Shame they couldn't keep the John Cleese model for R)
    Good Main Character Voice Acting
    funny one liners
    Excellent Soundtrack
    Excellent Driving Levels
    Nice Weapon Selection
    Ken Adam style looking level design
    fun gadgets
    Awesome bonus upgrades

Cons:
    Bad henchmen dialogue (I heard CHARGE HIM and YOUR A DEAD MAN BOND over and over.)
    NPC's moved way too fast, it's hard to get a shot in sometimes.
    Odd Ammo counts for weapons. (example the P99 clip held 6 bullets when in other Bond games it held 16, it holds 16 in multiplayer! wtf?)
    lame final boss fight
    no gunbarrel

It's not a perfect game, but I have alot of love for it. :)
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    I'm a huge fan of Agent Under Fire! By far one of the best Bond games. The soundtrack was pretty cool as well. I thought the plot was really good & the missions were a lot of fun. My favourite missions were Cold Reception, Forbidden Depths, Night of the Jackel & Trouble in Paradise. My only complant was..

1.Can't play mutiplayer by yourself
    2.No Opening Gun Barrel
    3.No ending credits
    4.The final boss fight was weak
    5.Nigel Block & The Jackel did not get a big part until the Middle/End of the game.

Overall, I would give Agent Under Fire a 8/10.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I love Agent Under Fire! Many say that NightFire was a much better game but I say nay! NF was a fun game but I don't understand the amount of love it gets. I remember playing AUF from begining to end over and over. I don't think there's a level I would change or take out. My only real complaint about it is the ending... it just ends. You beat the bad guy, save the day, and then the game justs ends.
    I'm probably one of the few who thinks using a made up model for Bond, than who ever's playing him in the films at the time, is a great idea. If a Bond movie gets made into a game then use the actor other wise make a model based more off of Fleming's description of Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Agent Under Fire! Many say that NightFire was a much better game but I say nay! NF was a fun game but I don't understand the amount of love it gets. I remember playing AUF from begining to end over and over. I don't think there's a level I would change or take out. My only real complaint about it is the ending... it just ends. You beat the bad guy, save the day, and then the game justs ends.
    I'm probably one of the few who thinks using a made up model for Bond, than who ever's playing him in the films at the time, is a great idea. If a Bond movie gets made into a game then use the actor other wise make a model based more off of Fleming's description of Bond.

I have wanted this forever!
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    I used to have it but never actually played it I'd love it if they released all the old games Nightfire,Agent under fire Everything or Nothing etc. like on xbox 360 or ps3/4.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Noo I saw this today at a carboot sale (still got the old Xbox somewhere) for sale for a £1 and didnt buy it because I dont think I was very good at it on PS2.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

MI6 just released it!