The 'Agent Under Fire' appreciation thread !!

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Am I the only one who thought that Brosnan looked insane in the 007 racing cutscenes. They gave him crazy eyes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He looked like Steven Seagal. :))
    edited September 2016 Posts: 3,000
    @ClarkDevlin If Pierce Brosnan and Steven Seagal had a terrifying CGI baby;

hqdefault.jpg
    @BMW_with_missiles, for further nightmares...

OEAHI0n.jpg

GgFpARm.jpg

And in the second picture, he looks like George W. Bush with Brosnan's hair. =))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

OEAHI0n.jpg

GgFpARm.jpg

And in the second picture, he looks like George W. Bush with Brosnan's hair. =))

I can't unsee that now.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    So that's what Pierce looks like in The Lawnmower Man. :))

GgFpARm.jpg

James 'dubya' Bond =))

GgFpARm.jpg

James 'dubya' Bond =))
    Meet the next Sheriff, boy! :))
    Which is even made more ironic that JW Pepper has a small appearance in 007 Racing.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Was it that Louisiana swamp level where you get to chase Jaws and Melody Chase in a speedboat?
    Correct.
    I've got to tell you, though. The sniper scope is pretty much useless in that game.
    I've got to tell you, though. The sniper scope is pretty much useless in that game.

That was the worst aiming system I've ever used.

That was the worst aiming system I've ever used.
    Seconded.
  • I do believe I'll dust off the old Xbox and play Agent Under Fire today (and Nightfire, FRWL & EON)
    And the facebook James Bond 007 Video Games page just posted this...

https://www.facebook.com/007TheVideoGames/posts/640937749399487
    Well, going back to our 007 Racing discussion, here it is;
    File_003%20-%20Edited_zpscdm5nowi.jpg
    (I don't have a capture card. So, sue me.)

I can confirm that the correct method is to input the cheat-code found on the license plate on the cover art. You input L1, R1, triangle, circle, X at the "press start" screen. As @Murdock said, it must be done very fast. If you've done it fast enough, you'll here Baron Samedi laugh. This unlocks the V8 Vantage for multiplayer only. This works on both the PS2 and the PS3, so there is no issue with their emulation.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Oh god, now I can't unsee the Brosnan/Seagal mashup.

There are a few levels I dread when I replay 007 Racing. That Louisiana swamp level is one of them, the New York one (in the green Aston) is another.
    I had no idea 007 Racing had a plot or cutscenes, I watched and the NATO debriefing threw me for a loop.
    @BMW_with_Missiles, have you tried to emulate the game on PC? It works perfectly fine with a modern day computer. Perfectly. And the best program to automatically capture the screen and save it to a certain folder is Fraps. You won't regret it. Try. :)

@MajorDSmythe, I definitely agree with the notion. As likable as 007 Racing is on the outside, the game is a pain in the backwards when you play it. Then again, every PS1 Bond game is. I don't even know if the green car itself was even an existing model in the first New York-based level. I always thought it was a fake rip-off of a real car without a brand logo on it. But, it was a good level, to be honest, certainly a lot better than the back-alley fight with mob cars and forklifts... And it gets harder and harder until you have to disable some engines with unusual lasers or something... Worst Bond level ever made in a video game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I probably got it wrong, but I always assumed that it was an Aston.

The level with the forklifts, was called Ambused. It's funny, I had forgotten about that level until you mentioned it, and the nightmares caused by it came flooding back. I would have to agree with you on it being the worst level of any Bond game.
    @BMW_with_Missiles, have you tried to emulate the game on PC? It works perfectly fine with a modern day computer. Perfectly. And the best program to automatically capture the screen and save it to a certain folder is Fraps. You won't regret it. Try. :)

@MajorDSmythe, I definitely agree with the notion. As likable as 007 Racing is on the outside, the game is a pain in the backwards when you play it. Then again, every PS1 Bond game is. I don't even know if the green car itself was even an existing model in the first New York-based level. I always thought it was a fake rip-off of a real car without a brand logo on it. But, it was a good level, to be honest, certainly a lot better than the back-alley fight with mob cars and forklifts... And it gets harder and harder until you have to disable some engines with unusual lasers or something... Worst Bond level ever made in a video game.

@ClarkDevlin I've been considering getting into emulation for some games. Goldeneye in HD is a tempting thing. Oh, and I think that green car in the New York level is meant to look a little like a horrible 90's Ford Mustang. Like you said though, it's not a direct copy of any actual car. And, if you're going to put Bond in a Mustang, it better be an orange '71 Mach 1.
    @MajorDSmythe, yes indeed. You have no idea how many joysticks did I break until I've come to defeat that level. It took almost a month to pass on that. Good thing I have a PS1 emulator it made my job easier as you could save at whatever segment you've reached in the level, yet it was still hard to accomplish.

However, even if Tomorrow Never Dies started it with the BMW 750il race over the hills of Switzerland, if it wasn't for 007 Racing, we wouldn't have had the awesome driving levels in the later Bond video games.

@BMW_with_missiles, very well perceived, my friend. Having Bond spin around New York in a '71 Mach 1 Mustang would be too iconic not to replicate in a film, let alone a video game. And besides, wasn't Archer driving one in one of the episodes as a homage to Burt Reynolds?
    You have no idea how many joysticks did I break until I've come to defeat that level. It took almost a month to pass on that. Good thing I have a PS1 emulator it made my job easier as you could save at whatever segment you've reached in the level, yet it was still hard to accomplish.

Ah, yes, the forklift/mob car level. That's one of the few times in recent memory (I first played 007 Racing last year) that I've thought I might not be able to finish a game. The trick I found was switching to front-view so I could see where I was shooting, and running around in circles jamming the hand-brake, so I was actually facing the enemies. With the forklifts, the trick is getting them to run over an explosive box (a mix of strategy and luck).
    You have no idea how many joysticks did I break until I've come to defeat that level. It took almost a month to pass on that. Good thing I have a PS1 emulator it made my job easier as you could save at whatever segment you've reached in the level, yet it was still hard to accomplish.

Ah, yes, the forklift/mob car level. That's one of the few times in recent memory (I first played 007 Racing last year) that I've thought I might not be able to finish a game. The trick I found was switching to front-view so I could see where I was shooting, and running around in circles jamming the hand-brake, so I was actually facing the enemies. With the forklifts, the trick is getting them to run over an explosive box (a mix of strategy and luck).
    Hard to figure it out for a seven year old, which I was at the time. Lol!

But, I eventually managed.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 3,000
    I was just browsing the mi6-hq page about AUF, and found this image of concept art;
    xjet.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rDUgAhJrpc.webp

Kind of looks like an HD remaster. Oh, if only we could get an HD re-release of AUF, NF, EON, and FRWL.

Full article here;https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/aufgame/
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

I can confirm that the correct method is to input the cheat-code found on the license plate on the cover art. You input L1, R1, triangle, circle, X at the "press start" screen. As @Murdock said, it must be done very fast. If you've done it fast enough, you'll here Baron Samedi laugh. This unlocks the V8 Vantage for multiplayer only. This works on both the PS2 and the PS3, so there is no issue with their emulation.

Thanks a lot. I suppose this is the only way we will ever be able to drive that car so I really want to try that out. Pity my old PS2 has ref refused to work the last few times and I've only got one working joystick left, which makes multiplayer impossible.
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Thanks a lot. I suppose this is the only way we will ever be able to drive that car so I really want to try that out. Pity my old PS2 has ref refused to work the last few times and I've only got one working joystick left, which makes multiplayer impossible.

You're welcome!

Broken consoles; one of the joys of classic gaming. Thank goodness for ebay, but that rabbit-hole can quickly drain your wallet.
    A tribute fanart to AUF. ;)
    TpzVDwEl.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    A tribute fanart to AUF. ;)
    TpzVDwEl.jpg

Oh hell yes!