The 'Agent Under Fire' appreciation thread !!

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

MI6 just released it!

That was incredible! It makes me wish that we still saw commercials for exciting new Bond games.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

MI6 just released it!

That was incredible! It makes me wish that we still saw commercials for exciting new Bond games.
    I feel you there!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    i always thought that Agent under Fire was, compared to Nightfire and EoN, a lesser appreciated game, so i never really had interest in playing it. I gave it a shoot for the first time around 3 years ago, but i went through it only once and very quickly since i did a Bond Marathon. And while it certainly wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, i didn't really do much for me at that time (again, especially compared to all the other games before and after it) I did like the story though, and the set pieces!

That being said, i really admire all of your continuous appreciation for it, so i will give it another shot this year and try to get everything out of it this time.
    I just need a stable emulator since i am not a console gamer.

Any recommendations?
    I haven't found a good ps2 or ps1 emulator myself but I plan on getting a working n64 ps2 and ps1 as I plan once I am done with the bond films spending an hour playing each game from goldeneye 64-007 legends by the time I beat legends and have see all the films it will be 2018 and hopefully we will have some bond 25 news by that point lol
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I have a good PS2 and PS1 emulator, but my laptop doesn't like the PS2 emulator and only runs things at half speed. With poor sound. I've seen it work just fine on my friend's computer, so I clearly just don't have the power with my laptop. The PS1 emulator works just fine, though.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    spending an hour playing each game from goldeneye 64-007 legends

An hour? Do you mean an hour a day? And does this include the excellent James Bond 007 on the Gameboy?
    An hour each day I "can" and yes I figure this way by the time bond 25 does role around I will be up to date lol
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's not one of my favorites but it has a very good replay value. I play it often. It has one of the best Bond game soundtracks ever too.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,423
    The best Bond video game soundtrack. I insist. ;)
    The best Bond video game soundtrack. I insist. ;)
    I agree actually. It is the best Bond game soundtrack, Everything or Nothing being a close 2nd. I listen to both on a mix CD I made for driving. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Really? I enjoy AUF, but Blood Stone has an incredible track, as does QoS. The early EA Bond games had great but linear scores, whereas the more recent games had much more complex, cinematic scores. Music is an equally important aspect of the Bond gaming world as it is the film world.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Really? I enjoy AUF, but Blood Stone has an incredible track, as does QoS. The early EA Bond games had great but linear scores, whereas the more recent games had much more complex, cinematic scores. Music is an equally important aspect of the Bond gaming world as it is the film world.

Oh yes. There is just something pulse pounding and wonderful about AUF's music. These tracks alone are so good.

As for Blood Stone you are are right, It is a very good cinematic score but I felt like it was missing the Bond theme in some places. (Not that I'm demanding it for every single track far frome it.) I don't think it's anymore complex than AUF or EON for that matter, while a bit more repetitive they are still complex songs that use the Bond theme to perfection.

Then again, I enjoy the scores to every Bond game out there. :-bd
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The above two tracks are superb, I had forgotten how much I love AUF's music. I can still hear Nightshade yelling "Help me!" during that first one. I'll have to revisit the game eventually.
    I can't believe I forgot to post this here! A movie version of AUF.
    F9HLa7B.jpg
    Blood Stone was cinematic, yes. But, as good as it is, it's only something I'd listen to while I play the game... Otherwise, it leaves no impact on me. Agent Under Fire is the god of the Bond game soundtracks. Don Veca did hell of a job at it, improving (and even recycling) some of his efforts from The World Is Not Enough (using some tracks that I presume were from the PS2/PC versions of the latter, as well). And I agree with Murdock that Everything or Nothing comes second.

I really would've preferred if Nightfire was composed by Don Veca rather than the ones who did it.
    Apparently, there's one honest mistake I noticed today as I was playing Agent Under Fire. During the first driving level, in-game, Bond is in his regular grey suit when he's actually supposed to be in a black combat gear.

LCBrpvw.png

Screenshot from a GameCube emulator since the PS2 version doesn't work well on PC's emulator program.
    Apparently, there's one honest mistake I noticed today as I was playing Agent Under Fire. During the first driving level, in-game, Bond is in his regular grey suit when he's actually supposed to be in a black combat gear.

LCBrpvw.png

Screenshot from a GameCube emulator since the PS2 version doesn't work well on PC's emulator program.

Interesting. I had noticed before that he was in his suit, but it never came to mind that he was shown in black combat gear right before getting into the car. I guess driving a luxury car requires a costume change.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Loved this game though I prefer NF.

Favourite levels were the driving levels. Love how you can drive the DB5, the Esprit and the Z8.

I wonder if there has ever been a game where you can drive the V8 from TLD. Anybody any ideas?
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Favourite levels were the driving levels. Love how you can drive the DB5, the Esprit and the Z8.

I wonder if there has ever been a game where you can drive the V8 from TLD. Anybody any ideas?

From what I've heard, it can be unlocked in 007 Racing for the PS1 using the cheat-code on the license plate on the cover art. However, I've tried this while running the game on my PS2 and PS3 and I can't get it to work. Perhaps it's an issue with the emulation on the newer systems, but I don't have an original PS1 to test this.

Forza 4 gives you the opportunity to be behind those wheels.

LCBrpvw.png

Interesting. I had noticed before that he was in his suit, but it never came to mind that he was shown in black combat gear right before getting into the car. I guess driving a luxury car requires a costume change.
    Suits and suits alone! :D

The Volante V8 is an unlockable in 007 Racing. I don't remember if it could be made available in the single player campaign via cheatcodes, but it's definitely available to play with in the multiplayer mode.
  • That's my favorite car! That 'almost' makes me want to buy OO7 Racing.
    It's not that bad, @Master_Dahark. ;)
    I've unlocked the car using the button cheat codes but you have to do it lightning fast!

As for Bond in the suit during the driving levels, Since the driving levels themselves were made by a different development section at EA they probably only had that one character model.
    Fortunately for me. Suits are above anything else when it comes to my taste in clothing, especially when Bond has to wear something. :D
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I've got to pop in 007 racing again it seems. So you drive the V8 in single player mode if you use the code on the licence plate on the cover (while at the pause menu)?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's my favorite car! That 'almost' makes me want to buy OO7 Racing.

Emulator. Just download an emulator. No purchase necessary.
    I don't remember if you could use it in single player, but it was playable in multiplayer.
    I believe it's not on the pause menu the code should be used. You simply have to insert one particular code (which I don't remember) after you complete the first level in the place of your name before checking in to the scores list. I believe with each submitting of a code, you'll hear Baron Samedi's laughter.
    I believe it's not on the pause menu the code should be used. You simply have to insert one particular code (which I don't remember) after you complete the first level in the place of your name before checking in to the scores list. I believe with each submitting of a code, you'll hear Baron Samedi's laughter.

Really? I heard you input the license plate cheat at the opening "press start" screen. I'll have to try this method out.

Really? I heard you input the license plate cheat at the opening "press start" screen. I'll have to try this method out.
    If my memory serves me right, that's the case. Then again, I haven't played the game since 2011.