Famous Movie Lines Quiz

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Nope keep at it Brady .
  • Is it that film where the black nanny has a daughter that looks white? That was an old film, might have been from the 50s. Not sure what it's called though.

EDIT: Imitation of life? might be wrong but I remember watching that film at school and it was about a nanny, so worth a guess.

Imitation of life is indeed the film YOU are thinking of. However, it is not a famous film and therefore should not qualify for this thread ;) ..............hopefully.

It is famous film lines, not films themselves. Many horrible films can have some great quotes.

I will guess Rear Window.

I understand that, but I doubt anyone can say that Imitation of life has any famous lines can they?

I will guess with Houseboat?
    It's not houseboat either.
    There would appear to be a hitch in the film.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, dear Alfred then? ;)

I am guessing: Notorious.

I'm so very tired; I hope that wasn't already guessed.
  • It's..................Stage Fright

Isn't it???
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How about Strangers on a Train?
    OK, dear Alfred then? ;)

I am guessing: Notorious.

I'm so very tired; I hope that wasn't already guessed.

Notorious was made in 1946, not the 50s.
    Getting closer ! Or are we? I need to think up another clue or two
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    North By Northwest ?
    It's not ,north by northwest .
    Vertigo?
    Vertigo. No. Whilst I'm here there is a hitch to this film but only in so much as the great man has
    a slight link to it?
    I am about as stumped as a chopped down cherry tree.

lemair.gif
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 174
    How about Kind Lady?
    I am about as stumped as a chopped down cherry tree.

lemair.gif

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok I sleep all night and I work all day !!
    I for one don't think that you are stumped Brady.
    It's not Kind Lady either.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'The 39 Steps'?
    In the 1950's ... this is driving me crazy.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?
    Yes it is well done to you your turn.
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?
    What?! That came out in the 30s, not the 50s like you said and Hitch had a huge part in the film, considering he was the director of it. I am confused...
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?
    What?! That came out in the 30s, not the 50s like you said and Hitch had a huge part in the film, considering he was the director of it. I am confused...

It was Fixed!!!!!

Sammm04 wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?

It was Fixed!!!!!

I am just completely confused. Not only wasn't fully clear what the quote was, but the clues do not correspond to the film that the quote is supposedly from.
    Brady I said early on that this film was made in the 1950s the film i used for my clues was released in 1959 And at no time did I say the that hitch was in the film You have been watching the Robert Donat film and not the later one with Kenith more, hope this helps to clear any misunderstandings .
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?

It was Fixed!!!!!

I am just completely confused. Not only wasn't fully clear what the quote was, but the clues do not correspond to the film that the quote is supposedly from.

Worry not Brady, Hmmm?, Happen in every sport fixing does, Creasy and Mcroggins, in league with each other, yesssss, Consortium they have.... Inspector Yoda AWAY!!!!!!
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?

It was Fixed!!!!!

Worry not Brady, Hmmm?, Happen in every sport fixing does, Creasy and Mcroggins, in league with each other, yesssss, Consortium they have.... Inspector Yoda AWAY!!!!!!

May the force be with you@ Sammm04 and if you need any help with what to do with it I can tell you where to put it !.
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?

It was Fixed!!!!!

Now you have lost me. @Creasy47 wouldn't do that. He has a certain respect for the rules, something you are breaking by accusing him and @Mrcoggins of fixing the game. Bad form, I must say.
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'The 39 Steps'?

It was Fixed!!!!!

Now you have lost me. @Creasy47 wouldn't do that. He has a certain respect for the rules, something you are breaking by accusing him and @Mrcoggins of fixing the game. Bad form, I must say.

A man chooses, a slave obeys, Brady. Now, Would You Kindly not accuse me of breaking the rules. Only joking I was, some people need to get a more broad sense of humour.

Right then @Sammm04 you are still new ish around here so I used a little gentle humor in reply to your post in which you thought it would be humorous to imply that the last round had been interfered with this is not the case and is not as @ Brady has said at all welcome I would surgest that you tread carefully in future Coggins .
    I thought we were joking, not being mean.
    Getting the right meaning across in text isn't easy at times.
    Anyway, I didn't know that version of the film.

On to the next round! :)
    Quite so we shal wait to see what @ creasy comes up with.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Again, another user telling me who I am or what I do. @Sammm04, you've no idea who I am, so please don't pretend like you do. I saw a few Hitchcock titles being guessed and I just threw out another, completely unbeknownst to the date of its release. I got lucky.

Anyway, at least that joke of a round was over. Here we go.

"You don't know what death is!"