Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I recently replayed the campaign for Max Payne 3, and am getting back into the multiplayer whenever I can. A very fun game that I enjoy more every time I finish it. The levels are never boring, and the game actually offers a challenge to you where you can't just go into a room guns blazing and expect to make it out alive. Tactics win the day in this arena, with strategic attacks, moving cover to cover and conserving your painkillers. The characters and story keep you interested, and though all the gangs/corrupt groups of police in the story are so copious it gets confusing at times to who is doing what, why they are doing it and why that affects you. In the game itself Max and his partner Passos ironically talk about how confusing it is to keep everything straight in regards to all these groups and Passos tells Max that it is like that on purpose, so that nobody takes any blame. I think it is funny how the game calls itself out on its at times convoluted plot. Max is a great character, and though his constant self-deprication and negative commentary on literally everything can get annoying, he is a brilliantly flawed hero that you connect with, hurt for and root on to come out on top. The technical side of the game is masterful, with the amount of weapons and the weight of the weapons themselves affecting how fast you move. The physics are insane and you get awe-inspiring kill cams that are amazing everything single time you experience them. The mechanics are good for the most part, though the movement is wonky at times like all Rockstar titles. As the story goes on you really feel the intensity and it is a game that may actually be better in its latter half than the first. And I mean it: the last two hours of this game are the very definition of "epic", and completes an amazing game, as can be expected from Rockstar. The game is so layered, has so many hidden goodies and easter eggs on top of its brilliant story, characters, environments, mechanics, action, music and cast that you can't help but stare in awe at it sometimes. If you haven't played it yet, get your rear off Mars and come back to earth to give this game a try!

@thelivingroyale, I have wanted to get Spec Ops: The Line for a while now, but after hearing it was a short game I got to lengthier games I wanted first. I will have to get it as the price is likely down now, and I love Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now, so I would probably be in love with this game. I got addicted the demo when it came out a while back and enjoyed how it played out and its mechanics, environments and story were compelling. And you just can't beat Nolan North for voice acting!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Played some Left 4 Dead 2 today. It was fun thanks to all the custom stuff I've downloaded.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, Nolan North made 'Spec Ops: The Line' so enjoyable, and surprisingly, the game had both entertaining aspects in the SP and MP department. The SP had some very mindblowing scenes in it, too. It was good fun.
    Metal gear rising.. not a big metal gear fan but i enjoyed this game.
    The boss fights were nothing short of spectacular!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2013 Posts: 11,139
    Samuel001 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    @Samuel, I'll be playing it tonight.

What do you think so far?

I haven't played much but it seems pretty good. I'm out of the sewer system and I'm really loving the stealth. That stealth kill you can do from high altitudes is something I'm going to exploit! Haha.

@Karl007, I'm a massive metal gear fan but I just don't feel compelled to get Reveregence. I'm waiting for ground zeroes.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    karl007 wrote:
    Metal gear rising.. not a big metal gear fan but i enjoyed this game.
    The boss fights were nothing short of spectacular!

I have played the game also. It was a decent, but to me added nothing to the MGS story line. The final boss battle against the senator was terribly done IMO. In my mind I like to think it never happened and after the fall of The Patriots, some normalcy took over the world where are hero Snake could enjoy his last days...battle free.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    doubleoego wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    @Samuel, I'll be playing it tonight.

What do you think so far?

I haven't played much but it seems pretty good. I'm out of the sewer system and I'm really loving the stealth. That stealth kill you can do from high altitudes is something I'm going to exploit! Haha.

The levels, there are nine of them, after the first are very long and a lot of time is spent working out how to go about things. It's a game you can play for hours without a lot happening. Great to relax to, mind.
    Skyfail wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Uncharted 3 is amazing...in fact all 3 of them are. Uncharted 3 also has a TLD reference too ;-)

For real ?!
    What exactly do the say ? :-O

I love these James Bond reference's in popular media.
    I always have a broad smile on my face when I hear them in "How I Met Your Mother"

I own Uncharted 2 and its definitely in the top 3 games I've played!
    The TLD reference is what you DO. It's epic, trust us.

And Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece; my favorite game ever!

I'll be sure to check it out ! ;)
    Oh and I do concur with the Uncharted 2 comment ,
    There are just a handful of games that when your done with makes you feel that you have embarked on a surreal adventure.

My top games would have to be

1.Uncharted 2
    2.James Bond 007:Everything Or Nothing
    3.Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Whenever I claim EON to be among my top , my friends believe I am a bit biased , since that's James Bond.
    I assure you that is not the case,
    Uncharted is the only game that trumps it in my books since with EON you will find yourself trying to win a crude filthy rally race to cruising down beautiful European streets in an Aston Martin and even using Q's gadgets to get the so desired edge with your opponents.

Everything Or Nothing is nothing short of a masterpiece.
    Saw this and had to share!!

0DnSCxs.png

I do miss the days when you could unlock secrets in games just by earning them
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Assassin's Creed III

That's right, I finally got around to picking up a copy. GAME are selling it for £25 but Tesco go one (or five) better and are selling it for £20. So I bought it from Tesco. I like(d) Haytham, which I think is a shame as the game has now switched to Connor. I'm curently at the hunting tutorial.
    I'm currently enjoying Tomb Raider, though I'm quite a way through I'm told, after only one day. I've just raided the first tomb.

Assassin's Creed III gets better as it goes, but the missed opportunities are many.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,882
    I liked Tomb Raider. It took me a few days to finish the main story and find all the tombs, but then I wasn't rushing through it. I just need to complete the challenges to get 100%.

I had read negative to average comments on AC3, which is why I waited this long for the price to drop.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Connor's alright. I liked that he was a more flawed and human character than any of the others. I thought his voice was grating though and he was just a bit dull.

Haytham was brilliant. Wish I could've played the whole game as him. Smarmy, charismatic, suave, etc. The plot twist with him really took me off guard too.

I reckon the best bits of Assassins Creed 3 were the opening bit at the opera and the final few sequences starting with where
    Connor teams up with Haytham
    That's good to know Major, it should make for a great Easter treat to myself. Is it true it gets very gun-heavy towards the end?

Assassin's Creed III is a solid game, make no mistake, but it is a step back from what has gone before.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That's good to know Major, it should make for a great Easter treat to myself. Is it true it gets very gun-heavy towards the end?

Assassin's Creed III is a solid game, make no mistake, but it is a step back from what has gone before.

As much as I enjoyed Tomb Raider, it did become a bit like a shooting gallery towards the end.
    Assassins Creed-Altairs Quest It was okay but the ending was kind of stupid.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited March 2013 Posts: 16,328
    Duke Nukem 3D: The Megaton Edition! via Steam.
    Duke%20Nukem%203D.png
    He's the Biggest, He's the Best, He's Duke Nukem!!! The all American bad@$$ in his greatest adventure ever. Before there was GoldenEye 007 there was Duke Nukem 3D changing the way of FPS before the true 3D era of Shooters began. Jam packed with four episodes spanning from the streets of LA to a massive Space Station that would make Hugo Drax jealous to the alien hive hidden underneath a derelict ship in the middle of the ocean! Duke must fight an entire army of Aliens and mutated humans to save the world's babes from certain doom.

Also to add to the fun the game also includes it's expansion packs...
    Duke it out in DC: A mission to save the President while exploring Washington DC's historic landmarks.

Nuclear Winter: The Aliens have captured Santa and taken over the North Pole and Duke is here to save Christmas.

and

Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach: When Duke's island vacation is ruined by the aliens, it's up to Duke to make mince meat out of them!

1000/10 B-)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Mechassault. On the original Xbox. I finally pulled the damn thing out of mothballs.
    Bought Grand theft auto 4, had it previously though with 5 coming out soon wanted to revisit the game.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Skyrim

Surprising how much I still haven't done in this game. It's massive, the ammount of stuff to do is unreal.
    After trading in and returning some old games these past few days, I've settled with 'The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct,' 'Bioshock: Infinite,' and 'Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel,' along with 800 Microsoft Points for some on-sale 'Skyrim' content.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I've just completed Tomb Raider's main story, but am only 72% of the way there for 100% completion. My God, if I thought it was a shoot 'em up when trapped in the fire, the end was crazy, really stupid. A great game, I really enjoyed it, but it started stronger than it finished. I loved how you killed the main villain, mind. Bring on Tomb Raider II!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I have re-visted Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Since the big announcement, I have been stoked! Finally got the Rathlows wing and I am just trying to find the pow with Japanese skills. Next I can get the gun and finally use Devine wind and receive the finally trophy. Platinum here I come!!!
    I'm looking to buy 007 Legends. I just don't want to spend $45+ for it. Does anyone know where to find it for cheap in Canada?
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    God of War: Ascension

Love the god of war games and there wasn't any hesitation when buying this one. The first couple of levels, it took me a while to get into as it seemed like the same old and how much more can they say about Kratos past, but as the game progressed it got better. Currently on the third to last level, but it's so difficult that I have been on it for about a week. I'm playing on normal difficulty, but I can't image how it must be for those playing on hard.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

During my break from god of war, I finished this game. Loved the gamecube version and this game keeps those same game mechanics and quirks. Fun little game, but I wish it would give you more freedom to explore the mansions rather than have to follow the next steps in the story.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    FIFA 13
    samainsy wrote:
    FIFA 13

Same here, I was playing the manager career mode the other day. After a few seasons West Hams expectations of me got miles too high and I was sacked.
    Assassin's Creed 3

After what felt like a lifetime of wandering around upper Boston, I was finally able to fully recruit my 2nd assassin. Nice move Ubi, i'm supposed to recruit assassins, and their logo doesn't even appear on the map. #-o

Still, the Naval Missions are fun. Though not quite as fun as Pirate: The Legend Of Black Kat. In Pirate, you can take to the sea when I want, not when missions are available.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @MajorDSmythe I didn't use my Assassins at all in AC 3. I kept stumbling across the recruitment missions (at one point I jumped off a roof landed in the middle of a bunch of guards, turned out I'd accidentally stopped an execution) but I'm pretty sure I only had the default one.

Wierd because during Brotherhood and Revelations I relied on them constantly. For some reason I never felt the need to use them at all in this one.
    In Pirate, you can take to the sea when I want, not when missions are available.

They seem to have fixed that in the new one :D
    So I consider myself to be something of a real man today after managing to finish TWO playthroughs of 'The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.'

Don't buy it. Don't. I beg you. I don't care how much you like the television show, the comics, I don't care how interesting you think the game looks, I don't care if you're so incredibly bored and someone let you borrow for a while to play. I. Don't. Care. Do not buy or play this game.

In all honesty, it has to be one of the worst games I've ever played, and in almost every aspect, it shows in how rushed and flawed this game is. The graphics are abysmal, and look like something that belongs as one of the last titles to release before the Xbox 1 wasn't the 'new thing' anymore. The sound and voice acting: terrible. Voice-to-mouth matching is horrendous, and playing as Daryl throughout the entirety of the game entitles you to hear three to five lines of the same exact dialogue in combat.

Speaking of combat, wow: this game wants you to memorize every level (whether you've played it before or not) and just run. Don't fight, but run. It gives you weapons, but hardly any ammo. If you care to use that gun, prepare to attract anywhere from ten to thirty more Walkers who you will not be able to fight. Fighting with melee? Don't bother. Power attacks take way too long to swing - and even those are wonky enough to rarely ensure a one-hit kill - and normal swings take three hits. In that amount of time, you can be hit by one (or numerous) Walkers, taking your health down to 25%. I'm not kidding. Two swipes from a zombie's hand in this game, and you're down 50% of your health, which you can only boost by beating the level, or eating the rare MRI or downing the semi-rare sports drink.

I know I've skimmed a very fine layer of what makes this game bad, but I beat it twice, am only missing two total achievements on the 360, and am gladly done with it.

I also managed to pick up 'Defiance' last night, but it's just not my cup of tea. Terrible lag, it's my first MMO ever, and so I guess I wasn't ready to appreciate ALWAYS being online, which leads to randomly getting kicked off in the middle of the quest, or never getting to do what I want to do alone. I think I'll be trading both of these in very soon and saving the credit for something else. 'Dead Island: Riptide' has my eye, but I want to wait, because the first one had an incredibly horrid save game delete glitch, and I lost hours and hours of gameplay over it.