Batman

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    The look on his face is rather terrifying, he would make a great Joker. ;)

I am curious if it is a real photo or if it is photoshopped. If it is the former, whoever did that sure had some audacity!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Kind of slap in the face to the late Ledger....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    Kind of slap in the face to the late Ledger....

How so? I think even Jack would agree that he takes second chair to Heath.
    Why so serious?
    what about Jim Parsons as the joker and Andrew Lincoln as the Batman,my guess from the final scene in the Dark Knight Rises where Joseph Gordon-Levitt stands on the ramp what does it do only rise. love to to see batman beyond(batman of the future),i believe a script was writen and costumes designed.Inque would make a great female villian
    Rank the actors who have played Batman.
    tumblr_m7b3ewKvJp1qc91k6o1_500.jpg

My rankings:

As Batman (in uniform and ability to scare the sh*t out of criminals, fight, etc). Kevin Conroy wins easily but if we're talking about more than just voice,

1. Keaton--I still he think he was the epitome of badass. Just the way he glided down and his scowl, his gritty cutting-glass voice. The way he grabbed the muggers in 1989 Batman and said "I'm Batman." His hardcore presence during the Axis Chemicals scene was phenomenal. Set the precedent for all "dark" Batman voices to come (even Conroy's).
    2. Bale -- Very scary as well...just a notch below Keaton. He's more of a spook than a badass though. Couldn't really tell the way he was fighting due to bad camera angles. And when he was snarling at Flass hanging upside down, that was kinda forced. So was him shouting "Rachael!!!"
    3. Kilmer -- I think he tried to copy Keaton so he wasn't that bad either. Might be tied with Bale just a notch below Keaton. His Batman can fight and has no problems jumping off a ledge and landing smoothy. Voice wan'st as "hardcore" as Keaton's but less "forced" than Bale's.
    4. West -- Not a bad Batman for the campy 60s but horrible physique and corny delivery lines were just too "un-modern Batman-like" His boxing and kicking skills were ok if you're dealing with clowns.
    5. Clooney -- "Hi Freeze, I'm Batman." ugh. He seemed like a very bored Batman with his crimefighting dedication. Crappy fighting skills too.

As Bruce Wayne, I think Bale and Kilmer had both the looks and tortured persona so they come out on top. Keaton was kind of short...doens't really seem to capture that rich boy image but he seemed most incisive....he's always in deep thought. Clooney was blah as Wayne and as Batman. West acted his Wayne like the way he acted his Batman.
  • Dalton12 wrote:

My rankings:

As Batman (in uniform and ability to scare the sh*t out of criminals, fight, etc). Kevin Conroy wins easily but if we're talking about more than just voice,

1. Keaton--I still he think he was the epitome of badass. Just the way he glided down and his scowl, his gritty cutting-glass voice. The way he grabbed the muggers in 1989 Batman and said "I'm Batman." His hardcore presence during the Axis Chemicals scene was phenomenal. Set the precedent for all "dark" Batman voices to come (even Conroy's).
    2. Bale -- Very scary as well...just a notch below Keaton. He's more of a spook than a badass though. Couldn't really tell the way he was fighting due to bad camera angles. And when he was snarling at Flass hanging upside down, that was kinda forced. So was him shouting "Rachael!!!"
    3. Kilmer -- I think he tried to copy Keaton so he wasn't that bad either. Might be tied with Bale just a notch below Keaton. His Batman can fight and has no problems jumping off a ledge and landing smoothy. Voice wan'st as "hardcore" as Keaton's but less "forced" than Bale's.
    4. West -- Not a bad Batman for the campy 60s but horrible physique and corny delivery lines were just too "un-modern Batman-like" His boxing and kicking skills were ok if you're dealing with clowns.
    5. Clooney -- "Hi Freeze, I'm Batman." ugh. He seemed like a very bored Batman with his crimefighting dedication. Crappy fighting skills too.

As Bruce Wayne, I think Bale and Kilmer had both the looks and tortured persona so they come out on top. Keaton was kind of short...doens't really seem to capture that rich boy image but he seemed most incisive....he's always in deep thought. Clooney was blah as Wayne and as Batman. West acted his Wayne like the way he acted his Batman.

OK Here is my rankings of the actors who have played Batman:

1. Christian Bale: he has given the best performance of the Dark Knight. In all aspects he nails the role perfectly, and he has set the standard for any future actors. He is Batman.

2. Val Kilmer: I liked "Batman Forever", and Kilmer was the best Batman until Bale did it. Unlike Keaton, he could take his shirt off in the movie. The physical part of the role is just as important as the mental part; Val was perfect for the role.

3. Michael Keaton: he wasn't great as Batman, but he was good. The main reason to see "Batman" was Jack Nicholson. Keaton is a good actor, but he was not the best choice for the role. At the time, Alec Baldwin would have been perfect.

4. Adam West: yes, from the campy 60's TV show, he is the first Batman for me. I grew up watching Batman reruns. My favorite was the one when he fought the Green Horton (with Bruce Lee as Kato). Actually, he prefectly represents the character...but from the 1950's comic books. Let me add that he should have been given a cameo role in 1989's Batman. Shame on you Tim Burton!

5. The Onstar commercial Batman: I only saw him in two, 30 second commercials, but I liked what I saw. He was Ok...better than my last choice...

6. George Clooney: the man who also killed the Batman franchise. He was beyond bad. He did NOTHING with the role. He looked bored throughout most of the HORRIBLE movie "Batman and Robin". If I saw him walking down the street, I would spit at his feet. Shame on you Clooney.
    Probably my favorite Batman painting out there

544386_10100123660216111_1372510346_n.jpg
    Probably my favorite Batman painting out there

544386_10100123660216111_1372510346_n.jpg
    Yeah, Alex Ross is a god.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,813
    LOL look what I just found!

'Adam West Batusi Batman (with Sound!) Will Be a Comic-Con Exclusive Mattel Figure'

batusibatman2.jpg
    007bond762 wrote:
    My rankings:

1- Michael Keaton- He works because just like if Batman were real, he should be 'the last person you'd expect'. I was only 5 at the time but I remember people flipping their shit when it was announced that he was cast. He shut them all up and was the best of the bunch

2- Christian Bale- Almost my favorite- a very close second. Lots of people knocked his 'Bale voice' and I did too for a while but it's grown on me. It made perfect sense for Bruce to change his voice since he's such a public figure; the argument was if Bale took it too far. Keaton's 'Bat voice' was better but Bale still owned the role.

3- Adam West- The 'Roger Moore' of the Batmen. You either love him or hate him. I love that we have an option for serious Batman or fun campy Batman. How many other characters out there share that trait? I mentioned before, I'd still have loved to see West do a serious 60's Batman.....

4- Val KIlmer- He was ok... he totally rode on the shoulders of Keaton's character. I will say that if he stuck around for Batman & Robin, the movie *may* have been better (if nothing else the two movies would have been consistent with their cast). That's a hell of a compliment.

5- George Clooney- We all know his Batman and his whole movie was crap, but I the thing is Clooney isn't a bad actor! With a different director and tone, he may have been great! But it did happen the way it did, so I guess we'll never know. The most impressive part is that George actually lived it down! With a lesser actor, B&R probably would have been their last movie- ever.
    That is great, @Master_Dahark. I remember hearing that new West Batman toys were coming out soon. They look awesome!
    COMICS: DC To Publish New Series Based On The Classic BATMAN TV Show
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=76240#5WTuwfzwuQeIAuOf.99

ccording to Bleeding Cool, DC plan to release a new comic series this Summer which will be based on the classic Batman show from the '60s which starred Adam West.
    Who doesn't like the classic Batman show? Well okay, quite a lot of you have probably never seen it but let me assure you it's frackin hilarious. Now DC plan to release a new comic series based on the exploits of the campiest of camp Batmen (Adam West) and his sidekick Robin The Boy Wonder (Burt Ward).

Newsarama have revealed the details on DC's upcoming Batman '66 series. According to them the series will initially launch as a digital-first comic book in Summer 2013, and will be written by Jeff Parker with rotating artists - starting with Jonathan Case. Later the series will be collected in print. They are also debuting this groovy artwork from the series, giving us a look at Batman, Robin and all of the main villains from the show with only The Penguin conspicuous by his absence. Apparently The Riddler will be the first villain featured.

bat662.jpg

8TbHrnq.jpg

hmUsp0W.jpg
    HAHA I can't stop laughing
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    Drive Us Bats - Neil Patrick Harris
    http://superman8193.deviantart.com/art/Batman-One-Million-244697605

am I the only one who loved the Batman 1 million suit
    Dalton12 wrote:

There is only one proper reaction to this... ^:)^
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,817
    This is brilliant!
    nicholsonautograph-mcs.jpg
    =))
    SaintMark wrote:
    The look on his face is rather terrifying, he would make a great Joker. ;)

And the guy behind him on the left looks like a appropriate henchman.
    Dalton12 wrote:

Ha ha this is funny
    What is your favorite batmobile ? Mine is The '89 one because it's such a beautiful looking thing and just screams Batman. To hell with how practical it may be; that car is iconic.
    Batmobile-Tour-.jpg
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    Really nice poster !!Batman_the_Movie_1989_by_theGuid211.jpg

6cc3d6f922cc6152deff9ee229baace6.jpg

postertg2_zps5aabfbda.jpg
    Dalton12 wrote:
    What is your favorite batmobile ? Mine is The '89 one because it's such a beautiful looking thing and just screams Batman. To hell with how practical it may be; that car is iconic.
    Batmobile-Tour-.jpg

Agree the 89 Bat mobile is my favourite, though the 60s Bat mobile is a close second.
    I agree. And the Kilmer & Clooney Batmobiles look like bad toys, and should not be included in that line up IMO. #-o
  • Dalton12 wrote:
    Really nice poster !!Batman_the_Movie_1989_by_theGuid211.jpg

6cc3d6f922cc6152deff9ee229baace6.jpg

postertg2_zps5aabfbda.jpg

those are great !!!
    another good one1989-Batman-Movie-Wallpaper-1.jpg
    On that last one, I suspect those are all photoshopped Hot Toys with the exception of Vicki Vale....
    Still awesome looking all the same!

Looks like JGL has been hitting the gym extra hard in case he needs to play Batman!

not-shopped-34.jpg?w=500&h=790

Looks like JGL has been hitting the gym extra hard in case he needs to play Batman!

not-shopped-34.jpg?w=500&h=790

[/quote]
    HAHA great picture !
    =D>
  • RC7RC7
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Batmobile-Tour-.jpg

Agree the 89 Bat mobile is my favourite, though the 60s Bat mobile is a close second.

Agreed. Did you own the toy as a kid? I had that and the Batwing, they were pretty substantial toys! The best I had as a kid.
    RC7 wrote:
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Batmobile-Tour-.jpg

Agreed. Did you own the toy as a kid? I had that and the Batwing, they were pretty substantial toys! The best I had as a kid.

Yes, of course I have them :D