Batman

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, that was a rumor quickly squashed. Though I love Bale as Batman, I wouldn't be opposed to this recasting. I love the Nolan Trilogy and would love to leave it and Bale as Bruce where it is at.

So, with this in mind, who do you all think would be a good choice for Batman?
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    Wow, that was a rumor quickly squashed. Though I love Bale as Batman, I wouldn't be opposed to this recasting. I love the Nolan Trilogy and would love to leave it and Bale as Bruce where it is at.

So, with this in mind, who do you all think would be a good choice for Batman?

I would like to see :

3B-BATMAN-OLOUGHLINDJL-3A_zpscc5b15c3.jpg

Scott%20Adkins%2024-tile-tile-tile-tile.jpg

B1.jpg
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Watched 'Ninja' on Netflix just now- more convinced than ever that Scott Adkins should be Batman!!
    Particularly the beginning when his character is training in the dojo, he may as well have been playing Bruce Wayne!!

<center>For god's sake, THIS IS BATMAN RIGHT HERE:

scott_adkins_01.jpg</center>
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Watched 'Ninja' on Netflix just now- more convinced than ever that Scott Adkins should by Batman!!
    Particularly the beginning when his character is training in the dojo, he may as well have been playing Bruce Wayne!!

<center>For god's sake, THIS IS BATMAN RIGHT HERE:

scott_adkins_01.jpg</center>

Yes I agree he would be great as batman .
    Played with photoshop for a few minutes- this is what I came up with:

batman2_zps1d918df6.jpg?t=1362508962

Should probably ditch those Bat Nipples. They weren't too popular the last go around. ;)

That came out really well, I could easily see him being Batman, he has the jawline for the cawl and the look in his eyes. He looks like a natural to follow Bale.
    Anything Batman/JL related I wait for Batman-on-Film.com to give a report since the site is VERY in the know.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Master_Dahark, that's awesome. I don't know about his acting chops, as I haven't seen Adkins in anything, but he definitely has the physicality to take on what the role demands. Do you recommend any films that show off his acting skills? By the way, isn't he a highly trained fighter in real-life? I remember hearing something like that.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,813
    @Master_Dahark, that's awesome. I don't know about his acting chops, as I haven't seen Adkins in anything, but he definitely has the physicality to take on what the role demands. Do you recommend any films that show off his acting skills?
    I've only ever seen him in Expendables 2 and Ninja. But supposedly he pretty much stole the 'Universal Soldier' movies from Van Damme & Dolph and now appears to be the main star of that series so there's that to his credit. That movie is next on my list to see. According to imdb he was also in The Bourne Ultimatum and Zero Dark Thirty
    I only ever heard of him in the first place because of this board in fact! As a Brit, he's been mentioned a few times in the 'Who could/should be a Bond actor' thread.
    By the way, isn't he a highly trained fighter in real-life? I remember hearing something like that.
    Absolutely

Now That is batman !! great job Master_Dahark.
    @Master_Dahark, in The Bourne Ultimatum it is at the part where Jason is looking into Nicky's flat and Adkins is one of the two men that go up to fight Bourne:

2007_The_Bourne_Ultimatum_02.jpg
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Now That is batman !! great job Master_Dahark.
    Thanks! Here's the original BTW

Scott-Adkins.jpg
    ultrabox wrote:
    Should probably ditch those Bat Nipples. They weren't too popular the last go around. ;)
    What's funny is I DID try to get rid of the nips! Guess it didn't take :D
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    I now it's maybe of topic but : Michael Keaton To Play A Superhero Again (Kinda) In BIRDMAN
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75301#AySEBXdVhMoDjUDO.99
    EDITORIAL: The Pros And Cons Of Christian Bale Returning As Batman In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Pros:

#1 - Bringing In A Familiar Face

Business-wise, it would be absolutely ideal for Warner Bros. to at least pursue Nolan and Bale to return for Justice League, seeing how well the last two Batman movies did. Marvel’s The Avengers grossed $1.5B last summer, despite none of the solo movies not grossing a billion. However, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises have both surpassed the $1B mark worldwide, making Bale’s Caped Crusader an instantly recognizable face. Additionally, if Man Of Steel does as well as WB is hoping, and Nolan/Snyder/David S. Goyer are all on board, then Justice League could very well be the first superhero movie to gross $2B worldwide. I can’t see it doing quite as well financially if they bring in a completely new take on Batman that the audience isn‘t familiar with.

#2 - A Greater Foundation To Build On

Perhaps the biggest worry concerning Justice League has been the approach of only Man Of Steel building up to it, with likely only one familiar face and 4-6 completely new cinematic characters (assuming that both Batman and Green Lantern are rebooted). However, connecting The Dark Knight Trilogy, as risky as it is story-wise, helps Man Of Steel build a stronger foundation and create a more cohesive universe.

#3 - An Older, Experienced Batman

I think we all agree that the Justice League movie's Batman needs to be a very experienced hero, perhaps more experienced and older than the other League members. We have seen the Caped Crusader’s adventures in The Dark Knight Trilogy, and despite entering retirement twice, Christian Bale’s Bruce Wayne certainly has experience. Perhaps they can shape a DC Movie Universe like Bruce Timm’s Animated Universe, where we saw several years of Batman’s adventures before joining the Justice League.

#4 - The Best Actor For The Role

This is certainly up to debate, and this section in particular is from my point of view/opinion. As I said before, Christian Bale has been arguably our best Batman to date, and while he hasn’t portrayed the character as comic book accurate as some would like, he delivered a human and believable take on the Dark Knight in three movies. Of course, there are other actors who can be brilliant in the role, but not to the same level as Bale’s. I can also see him having wonderful chemistry with Henry Cavill.

Cons:

#1 - When Is A Conclusion A Conclusion?

Both Bale and Nolan have stated many times that The Dark Knight Rises was the end of their take on Batman (even though the former expressed interest in playing the character again if the latter gave him a sufficient story), and many agree that the ending concluded Bruce Wayne’s story arc perfectly. I’m confident that Nolan will give his approval to the best possible story should this particular version of Batman continue in Justice League, but it would be a stretch to bring him back. The only way this would work properly is if Wayne came back as Batman again when a major threat arrives, a storyline which was already covered in TDKR and would be redundant to see again on film.

#2 - Could Be More Comic Accurate

As stated before, Bale’s Batman alongside Cavill’s Superman sounds wonderful on paper, but how would it actually fare? To many comic fans, the biggest flaw with The Dark Knight Trilogy’s Batman is that he just isn’t as powerful as the comic book version. The comic book incarnation regularly fights super villains, aliens, etc., while Bale’s Batman had his hands full with terrorists and even had trouble fighting dogs. Not somebody who can take on Darkseid in my opinion. I’d be more than open to see how this can be fixed in Justice League if they’re going that route, but this is the main reason why a reboot may be a better option: to deliver a Batman that’s as intelligent, strong and unique as the version we all know and love.
    source http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=75435#S2Udie8ODO1df3zE.99
    Olivia Wilde Still Campaigning To Play WONDER WOMAN In JUSTICE LEAGUE
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75458#mtOQ9GT7fCV8GjHB.99
    I saw some of the 1966 Adam West Batman film on Sky the other day :)) :))
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    In a few years Adkins will be far too busy playing Bond to bother with Batman :P
    Dalton12 wrote:
    I now it's maybe of topic but : Michael Keaton To Play A Superhero Again (Kinda) In BIRDMAN
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75301#AySEBXdVhMoDjUDO.99

I always like the idea of Tim Burton directing The Dark Knight Returns with Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Jack Nicholson. Pipe dream, I know, but I thought that would be a cool installment to make with all of them naturally aged.
    ultrabox wrote:
    Dalton12 wrote:

I always like the idea of Tim Burton directing The Dark Knight Returns with Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Jack Nicholson. Pipe dream, I know, but I thought that would be a cool installment to make with all of them naturally aged.

Burton wouldn't do a good job at that. He doesn't read the Batman comics, evidenced by Batman and Batman Returns.
    TheHotMess wrote:
    Are you sure, they seem pretty true to the comics to me.

Haha, that's a good one.
    Granted, I just thought it would be a good opportunity to close out his series. I wouldn't expect him to follow the graphic novel completely, but his two had a flair to them that I hold in high regard - possibly due to the animated series. Thought it would be a good transition away from the grounded Nolan ones. Plus, it would be unique and wouldn't be forced. Oh yeah, I also wanted Brandon Routh to play Supes. That was a big part of it too, to end the previous Superman series.
    TheHotMess wrote:
    Are you sure, they seem pretty true to the comics to me.

Haha, that's a good one.
    Even if the burton batman movies arent' very true to the comics they still entertaining it's a different interpretation of the character mostly of the first batman comics when batman does kill Burton say that himself.

The first Batman story, "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate," was published in Detective Comics #27 (May 1939). Finger said, "Batman was originally written in the style of the pulps.and this influence was evident with Batman showing little remorse over killing or maiming criminals. Batman proved a hit character, and he received his own solo title in 1940, while continuing to star in Detective Comics.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/batman-mask-superman-cape-donated-smithsonian-warner-bros-234300663.html

If I were Warner Bros. I would want to get rid of that trash too. Giving away Batman and Robin and Catwoman props won't erase the films from history, but at least they don't have to look at them anymore.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/batman-mask-superman-cape-donated-smithsonian-warner-bros-234300663.html

If I were Warner Bros. I would want to get rid of that trash too. Giving away Batman and Robin and Catwoman props won't erase the films from history, but at least they don't have to look at them anymore.

Agreed.
    I agree. I am sick of the all black suit and I say we go back to classic Batman and show everyone that the grey and black can be just as cool.

I love the classic Batman suit and want it in the movies the black and grey but not new 52. I dont really like that suit. I would love to see the Arkham/ city suit from the games in the Justice League movie.
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/batman-the-zero-year-snyder-capullo-revisit-dark-knights-origin/

I am not the biggest Year One fan but I am looking forward to this Don't hate me for dislikeing Miller I have tried.
    lahaine wrote:
    Love me the Batman films

1/ The Dark Knight
    2/ Batman Begins
    3/ The Dark knight Rises
    4/ Batman
    5/ Batman returns

The rest is Rubbish. They are bound to get around to makingmore Batma films and i wouldn't want to be the guy who does them seen as Nolan's trilogy is untouchable.

Mine are;
    1. The Dark Knight
    2. Batman Begins
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. Batman (1989)
    5. Batman Forever
    6. Batman Returns
    7. Batman (1966) The Movie
    8. Batman and Robin
    1/TDK
    2/BB
    3/BM89
    4/TDKR
    5/BMR
    6/BMF
    7/66
    8/That is all.
    Guys what would be your top 5 favourite Batman suits (comic/movies whatever)
    1. The classic Batman suit from the comics grey and black pouch utility belt and a huge cape!!!

2. The Batman Arkham Asylum/City suit

3. Batman Begins suit

4. Classic Batman blue and grey suit

5. New 52 suit
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    My Batman film rankings:

1.) The Dark Knight
    2.) The Dark Knight Rises
    3.) Batman Begins
    4.) Batman
    5.) Batman Returns
    6.) Batman 66

I would add Mask of the Phantasm, but I haven't seen it for literally years and years. Maybe sometime soon I will revisit it.

As for ranking Batman suits, I love the suit from the New Batman Adventures cartoon in the late 90s, the Nolan Batman suit from TDK and TDKR, the Dark Knight Returns black cape/cowl suit, and the Batman Beyond suit just to name a few. I am a bigger fan of the straight black and gray suits (I feel they fit Batman's goal of fighting in the shadows) than some of the blue cape/cowl costumes or suits that have a cowl that restricts head movement.