Batman

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I love that. Not only do they have to write where on the wall where the poles lead but everything just has to have bat at the start.

I bet they have a bat toaster and a bat fridge as well as a bat door in every room.
    rumor has it next batman film to come out in 2017
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 4,813
    This is Bruce Wayne right here:

scottadkins.jpg
    350x233px-LL-068aeb9e_scott_adkins.jpeg
    scott-adkins-training-program.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    batman_starring_orson_welles_by_nick_perks-d52qzjg.jpg

Oh, what could have been...

A classic cast, and with Orson and his great mind at the helm doing a straight faced adaption, this film would have been a black and white marvel on celluloid.

A classic cast, and with Orson and his great mind at the helm doing a straight faced adaption, this film would have been a black and white marvel on celluloid.
    Yeah ! that would been great.
  • Dalton12 wrote:

Yeah ! that would been great.

Orsen as Charles Forster Bain. :-)

If it had happened, I would certainly own it :-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I am so tantalized by the idea of an Orson Welles Batman film. I heard about him considering filming one clear back in the 40s/50s, but alas, it was only a rumor. With his eye for compelling camera shots and grasp on cinematography to really manipulate light and shadow to make compelling, gorgeous and deep shots, it would have been classic. Batman's character fits so well with a dark black and white noir type film, and Orson in the lead role and behind the camera would have been too good to be true. I can hear his iconic voice now:

"I made a promise on the grave of my parents that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. By day, I am Bruce Wayne, billionaire philanthropist. At night, criminals, a cowardly and superstitious lot, call me... Batman."

*Goosebumps*
  • No doubt it would have been a fantastic movie, i am a big fan of film noir and Welles German expressionist style. Edward G. Robinson as the Penguin, Lauren Bacall as poison ivy. Have to fit Bogart in somewhere :-)
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    No doubt it would have been a fantastic movie, i am a big fan of film noir and Welles German expressionist style. Edward G. Robinson as the Penguin, Lauren Bacall as poison ivy. Have to fit Bogart in somewhere :-)

Robinson would be a great Falcone, Lauren could be anything, she is so brilliant, and Bogie...oh, I don't know (he could do anything!)...maybe one of Gordon's high ranking and loyal cops? He can play the good and bad guys expertly. Man, the idea for this film is teasing me so badly.

We could throw in Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Gregory Peck (a great Batman choice) and Marilyn Monroe as well.

Funnily enough, Gregory Peck was the model for Bruce/Batman in Batman: Year One written by Frank Miller and drawn by David Mazzucchelli.
  • Batman is my favourite superhero. Since this is a James Bond forum who would win if they face each other my bet is on Batman
  • RC7RC7
    Batman23 wrote:
    Batman is my favourite superhero. Since this is a James Bond forum who would win if they face each other my bet is on Batman

Bond, he's a killer and Batman is not. One shot.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I remember growing up watching Batman The Animated Series....not fully understanding how good it was at the time. Now fast forward 12 years, I am re-watching the series again and now an fully appreciate the show for what it is. Each episode is like a mini movie, and when it finishes I can't wait for the next episode. I have come to appreciate Batman in a new light. He doesn't have super powers, but his emotion is his guiding light, to clean up the streets of Gotham.

Kevin Conroy for me is The Batman....his voice is perfect and I don't think any other person could play the character. I am currently playing Batman Arkham City, and it is so nice having voices that are familiar like Batman, Joker, Harley Quin.

Love the New films too, with The Dark Knight being my favorite. Heath Ledger did such a great job as the Joker...one of the best performances of all time.
  • RC7RC7

Batman Inc. Has been pretty good. I've enjoyed Morrison's work on it. I still think Snyder's Batman is the best if the current crop.
    Stephanie Brown back as robin.......

I Hope. :)
    Christian Bale Set To Return As Batman In Chris Nolan Produced JUSTICE LEAGUE?
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75113#Gm0sGElEOQ3QPctv.99
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75113#Gm0sGElEOQ3QPctv.99

As much as I love Bale as Bruce, I feel satisfied by the Nolan Batman trilogy and think it should be left as is. If they had Bale become Batman with no connection to the NolanBatmanverse in the JLA film, then I am a little more comfortable with the idea.
    Dalton12 wrote:

As much as I love Bale as Bruce, I feel satisfied by the Nolan Batman trilogy and think it should be left as is. If they had Bale become Batman with no connection to the NolanBatmanverse in the JLA film, then I am a little more comfortable with the idea.

Yes I am on your side.
    Just saw this story on the BBC website. Made me laugh :))

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-21654930
    tumblr_m7dk84H63Z1roe5xuo1_400.gif

Woohoo!
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Just saw this story on the BBC website. Made me laugh :))

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-21654930

"He's the hero Bradford deserves, but not the one it needs right now."
    Well there goes my opinion on how Dark knight Rises really ended. Makes sense to use an established Batman and soon to be established Superman for JL.
    Well there goes my opinion on how Dark knight Rises really ended. Makes sense to use an established Batman and soon to be established Superman for JL.

Like I said, maybe they can still have Bale as Batman, but just have his involvement in the JLA film occur in an alternate timeline.

Like I said, maybe they can still have Bale as Batman, but just have his involvement in the JLA film occur in an alternate timeline.

Hmm I dont think they go with alternate timeline.
    Possibly set the film prior to The Dark Knight.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,813
    ^ Agreed. That's the way to go if they do bring Bale back. The biggest head-scratcher in Dark Knight & Dark Knight Rises was 'wait, was Bruce Wayne only Batman for a freaking weekend?!?'

I'm not against bringing Bale back, but I'd hope he would be unrelated to the Nolan trilogy. Exactly like the Bond movies did with Judi Dench as M.

Whoever plays Batman, PLEASE put him in black & gray, to go with Superman's new 52 style movie costume

dc_new_52_batman_animated_by_kyomusha-d5nlbib.png
    ^ Agreed. That's the way to go if they do bring Bale back. The biggest head-scratcher in Dark Knight & Dark Knight Rises was 'wait, was Bruce Wayne only Batman for a freaking weekend?!?'

I'm not against bringing Bale back, but I'd hope he would be unrelated to the Nolan trilogy. Exactly like the Bond movies did with Judi Dench as M.

Whoever plays Batman, PLEASE put him in black & gray, to go with Superman's new 52 style movie costume

dc_new_52_batman_animated_by_kyomusha-d5nlbib.png

Yes! I want to see that costume in live action.
    I agree. I am sick of the all black suit and I say we go back to classic Batman and show everyone that the grey and black can be just as cool.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    SCOOP: Nolan In, Bale Out Of JUSTICE LEAGUE
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=75187#JVTMBieyltkJpY3L.99

BatmanSupermanBoom.jpg

Justiceleague52banner.jpg