MI6 Community - Four years old today

Comments

I NEED to move to Sweden ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    So, now we are one...

... actually, no, we're of many members and many decent discussions. The re-birth of MI6 has been an unadulterated success in my book and long may that continue... :)

Bottoms-Up-Posters.jpg
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Just thought I'd share the fact that we now have 2,500 members :)
    Well I'm glad that I can share the 1 year anniversary here with everyone! It's my first anniversary for MI6 actually, what a coincidence! Just about two months and it'll be my 1 year anniversary here as a member since I joined on June 13th! Thanks for the almost-year for me MI6 members!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

It doesn't feel like it! Nice work reeling in the Bondmaniacs MI6!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350

It doesn't feel like it! Nice work reeling in the Bondmaniacs MI6!

That's great to hear. 2,500 in a little over a year is very good going. Hopefully more join in the fun as the days roll on.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited July 2012 Posts: 8,025
    Lazenby wrote:
    Congratulations on surviving what has been an occasionally uncertain first year, during which (as has always been the case with MI6), a handful of great members put in great effort to keep things afloat. I know, due to my own personal forum preferences, I'm not exactly one of those members, but it's still good to drop in occasionally and catch up with the opinions of several people for whom I still have a lot of respect.

Well said, Lazenby. I haven't been here since the nuMI6 was established. I wasn't happy with this format, still not happy today, but there are good folks I miss chatting with back in the olde Keeping the British End Up. So I'm popping in here just to say hi, also, isn't it exciting with SKYFALL just on the horizon? :) Peace.
    I'm just popping in to say hello, too. Hope all is going well with you veteran Mi6 members.

Congrats on reaching this milestone with the newly designed site.

Best regards.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,380
    Maybe stick with your own site and the u-turn Facebook page, eh boys?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Today marks two years since the MI6 Community was launched on 13th March 2011.

So congratulations on your second anniversary!

Now more than ever, I'm pleased to be part of this place.

Even though the <a href="http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2701/mi6-community-one-year-old-today">original thread</a> was hijacked by some old members and locked, he's my original post as apart from dealing with troll attacks I still like to think it says all that needs to be said.

It's amazing to think it's been that long already and looking back it's been quite a ride.

The community has gone through a lot since that first day and I honestly hope that, hand on heart, no matter all the people who left during that initial period and everything that’s gone on since then and still goes on today, those who pulled the trigger on the new MI6 feel it was truly worthwhile and are happy with the outcome. If they honestly are and that is the case, then well done and I’m very happy for all involved. I may only have a small idea but boy, I sure know a lot of work's gone into this new forum.

We've built quite the community over the last year and I have really enjoyed being part of that growth. The community has gone from strength to strength. With the Skyfall announcement on the 3rd November, the number of visitors and members online really took off and has stayed at that more constant level since then, even though the forum was down during the ‘Live Blog’. Hopefully that can be avoided in future.

From shakey starts and uncertain beginnings, I'm proud to say long live MI6, as I hope this next year is even bigger and better than the first as I don't plan on going anywhere.

Thanks once again and Happy Anniversary!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Nice one Samuel , let the good times roll
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Happy anniversary, MI6!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The excitement never ends here! Long live MI6!
    Happy anniversary! Hard to think I have stuck around that long, I must of popped up right with the new site. Let's grow old together :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It's actually a year to the day since I've joined, and I'm very glad to be here with you all. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Anniversary, MI6! I've loved being here this past year and a half; it's been a great pleasure, and here's to many, many more years with you all.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Here here! @};-

Time to celebrate.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 17,691
    Despite the constant Brosnan diss, this place is bliss! :))
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    chrisisall wrote:
    Despite the constant Brosnan diss, this place is bliss! :))

Oh lord that was appalling ha ha
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    way to go MI6!
    Very proud to be a part of a great group of dedicated Bond fans. Cheers all!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    A Tribute to MI6

MI6, it is to you that I go for my Bond fix,
    Here to converse with fans of a diverse mix.
    Though things aren't ever perfect here still I am,
    Proud to be around two years now and an even bigger Bond fan.
    We have seen our ups, downs, lefts and rights,
    Great debates and sissy fights,
    Yet like Bond we soldier on,
    Reciting Tennyson as we go along.

Many members here have become like kin,
    And with friends so dedicated I can't help but win.
    It is a joy to speak of Bonds both then and now,
    Even to have the occasional "Who is the better Bond" row.
    We may hiss and whine, punch and pine,
    But when we show respect for each other everything is fine as red wine (with no fish)

At the end of the day I am here to stay,
    To fight the good fight amongst the fray,
    Standing tall beside my fellow agents day and night,
    Facing our greatest enemies in both the dark and light.
    For all this and more it is until my dying day
    That I hope to forever stay,
    Planted here on this lovely forum
    So rich in Bond love and refined decorum.

At this moment I wish for you all to join in me as I say,
    "Raise your PPK and give a loud MI6 HOORAY!"

@};-
    NICE.
  • Many Happy Returns, Mi6Community.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Happy birthday Mi6 Community martinismiley.gif

Despite the attacks, this forum was able to stand strong and will remain so for many good years to come ;)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    That which we are we are happy birthday to us all
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2021 Posts: 17,799
    Happy Second Birthday, MI6 Community. I only joned on 11 December 2012, so I'm relatively new here. I must compliment you on your excellent site here - I love its Facebook style notifications, making it one of the most open-minded and up-to-date Bond sites on the net. Thanks for all the great discussions we've all had on here and make a stand one and all against the troll attacks!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    2 years? I thought this community went since 2010! O.O

Congratulations, gentlemen!
    14 months been a member on here, only site i regularly go on. Happy anniversary MI6.
  • Happy 2nd Aniversary. Great forum with a good bunch of regulars appreciating and debating all things Bond and beyond.