MOD Appreaction and thanks

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Different time zones maybe? I'm in the UK, so it started just before 11pm and by 1am I'd had enough and left.

Ditto , I felt ever So disgruntled ha ha
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    the best thing to do in a situation like this is to send private messages to all Mods. Hopefully they have the email notification set up and will check ASAP.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    There's another appreciation thread? Can someone post the URL, I can't seem to locate.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    So in USA He started around 5:00 PM and kept going on until Midnight...So this troll was on it for 6 hours. L-)

Right then, so that's 6am. SeanConnery account was the first, which appeared just before 11pm. Thanks for the information.
    DCisared wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Different time zones maybe? I'm in the UK, so it started just before 11pm and by 1am I'd had enough and left.

Ditto , I felt ever So disgruntled ha ha

Yeah, some of the images really got to me. Sickening.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 194
    I think I noticed it around 0630 and called it quits around 1130ish. I had to throw in the towel. I was trying to ignore it and post around, but there wasn't anyone on and I was begining to worry about what else he may start posting. I can deal with gross out images to a degree, I just didn't wan to see something that would eat at me for the rest of my life.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I was really interested in reading "a letter to EON", then I saw the poster, and thought, "ah, nuts".

I would just like to say an enormous thank you, to, not only the MOD team, but also the valiant users who put up, and flagged, that "user"...

I've been frequenting this site since 2002, and I'm glad it's alright.
  • CIACIA
    In the future, when the forums are being spammed, I'm just going to close my browser and disappear from here for a day.

Everyone should do the same. A troll gets frustrated when no one is paying attention.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Thank you mods for doing what you do. I have an odd feeling that the trollers will return but for now we must stay on guard and be glad that it's gone. I hated that this guy was persistant and we had to endure it for hours. I would be honored to buy all the mods a martini, shaken not stirred, for their hard work.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thanks mods. You do a great job here on MI6. Well done. Keep up the great work!
  • Big shout out to the mods for their fantastic work! I saw some things last night that I dearly wish I could unsee, but the mods came to the rescue very quickly! Thanks for all you do!
    Thanks to the MOD's his posts have been stricken from the wall of MI6 and his past is now as non existent as his future. Sorry, I saw an opportunity to quote Skyfall and took it. ;)
    dkem91 wrote:
    Thanks to the MOD's his posts have been stricken from the wall of MI6 and his past is now as non existent as his future. Sorry, I saw an opportunity to quote Skyfall and took it. ;)

Very appropriate well done
  • Thanks MOD's, you do such a wonderful job. Muchly appreciated. And yes, it was late afternoon here when it finished, which it did and rather swiftly I must add.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very nice to return and have everything removed. I felt ill looking at some of the stuff posted last night. This place was a madhouse; thank you to all the mods responsible for sorting it out!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very nice to return and have everything removed. I felt ill looking at some of the stuff posted last night. This place was a madhouse; thank you to all the mods responsible for sorting it out!

And in a very quick manner I might add. :)

• PierceuhhhPierceuhhh Banned
    CONGRATS mods for keeping this web home family freindly... yOU are among freinds here chaps...
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

And in a very quick manner I might add. :)

Oh absolutely. I only dealt with it for about an hour, and when I fell asleep and checked before my 8:30 class, it was all cleaned up and sorted out. Well done.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    CONGRATS mods for keeping this web home family freindly... yOU are among freinds here chaps...

Thank you! And we will, of course, continue to remove obscene fan art to keep it that way.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    I'm sure you in the MOD team will find a way to remove this attack and once again do something about our "dear" friend that countinously keeps spamming this site.
    This time it's bad.
    MrBond wrote:
    I'm sure you in the MOD team will find a way to remove this attack and once again do something about our "dear" friend that countinously keeps spamming this site.
    This time it's bad.

I think I'll take what we're receiving now over last time: those pictures of death were worse than this.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:
    This time it's bad.

I think I'll take what we're receiving now over last time: those pictures of death were worse than this.

Ah, i missed those pictures. That doesen't sound to fun at all.
    @MrBond, it was terrible. It's just weird thinking "Oh, awesome!" when you see Rambo rip out a throat in the movie, but it's so much different seeing a real picture of it. Such a shame that someone would waste their time acting so immature.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MrBond, it was terrible. It's just weird thinking "Oh, awesome!" when you see Rambo rip out a throat in the movie, but it's so much different seeing a real picture of it. Such a shame that someone would waste their time acting so immature.

Yep, i hope the MOD team does something serious to this chap. Because we know who he are, and it seems like he will return whatever we do..

@MrBond, which sucks, because it's really hard to just ban someone. Different IPs, different locales, it's impossible to stop something like this.
    @JamesPage is in the building and online.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    What's going on, exactly? I'm sorry I just logged in...
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    A troll attack. An old member keeps coming back, just to post disgusting pictures.
    Troll in the US? I remember last time he posted until about 5am UK time.

Mods = Delete/Ban IP?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Cleaned up the trolls work.
    Sorry for the delay.

Appropriate action will be taken. Thanks for the IFM guys.
    @Benny, thank you dearly for cleaning up that mess. Much appreciated.