Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

So my 360 bite the big one (4 years before it finally and completly crashed) so I figure untill i save up for a new one PS2 is the way to go dusting off my old Splinter Cell Games fun games honestly
  • AliAli
    Been playing the Crysis 3 beta. Absolutely love it. Beats CoD by miles and I prefer it to BF3 at the moment.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have been playing Black Ops 2 (very good, beat my low expectations), Saints Row 3 (again, very good), and Assassins Creed 3 (started really slowly, but now coming into its own).
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Having spent the last two weeks watching episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, I decided to purchase Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City...$45 for both games. Looking forward to playing them.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited February 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Having spent the last two weeks watching episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, I decided to purchase Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City...$45 for both games. Looking forward to playing them.

I found Arkham Asylum difficult to get into, but I really enjoyed Arkham City.

Just got finished with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City today.
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Finally began playing the Shivering Isles expansion pack for Elder Scrolls Oblivion, its really good so far.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wrapping up some achievements on 'Black Ops II,' and am debating picking up the first DLC for it. Traded in 'Medal of Honor: Warfighter' for $11 tonight, and grabbed 'The Witcher 2' Deluxe Edition and 'Portal 2' on the 360 for $33 total. What a steal.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Aliens Colonial Marines.

Some cool easter eggs and locations from the film can't save this. Captures the atmosphere of the films but not much else.

There's no tension, it's not scary. Swarms of stupid Aliens jump off the ceilings and walls then stand on two legs and run into your bullets. Actually that's not fair, occasionally they leap across the room and punch you in the face.

Not that it matters as you spend 50% of the time fighting humans anyway.
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    edited February 2013 Posts: 290
    I am currently obsessed with this game: I Am Alive

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I need to actually own up and play I Am Alive again. I've owned it for, like, six months now.
  • AliAli
    Far Cry 3. I'm late to the party, I know, but had so many games on the go. But this is truly something special. A return to form after the disappointment and restrictiveness of FC2.
  • Started replaying Aliens vs Predator today, the marine campaign. Better than the new one in almost every way. Better graphics, scarier, smarter Aliens, better voice acting, better story, guns feel more powerful, etc.

Colonial Marines has more varied level design and has a motion tracker not a mini map. Apart from that, Aliens Vs Predator rips it to shreds.
    Started replaying Aliens vs Predator today, the marine campaign. Better than the new one in almost every way. Better graphics, scarier, smarter Aliens, better voice acting, better story, guns feel more powerful, etc.

Colonial Marines has more varied level design and has a motion tracker not a mini map. Apart from that, Aliens Vs Predator rips it to shreds.

It's a damn shame that the game got such horrendous reviews. A few months prior to the game's release, I had actually debated on getting it. But, I couldn't warrant (just yet, at the time) spending $60 on a game I'm that unsure of, so I figured I would wait until the reviews came out. I made up my mind then.
  • Aliens, like Bond, should translate perfectly from film to game. It should be impossible to f**k up.

Yet somehow, both Bond and Aliens had video game releases recently that were utter crap.
  • Got Sherlock Holmes from lovefilm yesterday(ps3).
    Seems pretty good so far, a return to the point and click adventures I used to love in my teens.
    Makes a nice peaceful change from the craziness of COD!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Got Sherlock Holmes from lovefilm yesterday(ps3).
    Seems pretty good so far, a return to the point and click adventures I used to love in my teens.

The Tesament Of Sherlock Holmes? I'm not a Holmesian, but I did enjoy that game, inspite of the glitches. Frogwares are making another one, Crimes And Punishment:

http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/

If they fix the bugs from Testament, i'll buy it, as there aren't enough mystery games on the PS3.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 174
    Got Sherlock Holmes from lovefilm yesterday(ps3).

The Tesament Of Sherlock Holmes? I'm not a Holmesian, but I did enjoy that game, inspite of the glitches. Frogwares are making another one, Crimes And Punishment:

http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/

If they fix the bugs from Testament, i'll buy it, as there aren't enough mystery games on the PS3.

Yes, its The Testament.
    Haven't noticed any glitches but not played too much yet.
    Some good and quite tricky puzzles, makes a change from the way too easy ones in other games. I am actually having to engage my brain, which these days can sometimes hurt :))

Thanks for the link btw.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Don't mention it.

I encountered two glitches. I won't say where so as not to give the plot away, but one occured everytime I tried to enter a specific room, the screen would turn black, if I left the room, it would go back to normal. The other happened after a cutscene, the screen turned white. Both times I still had sound, just no vision.
    I've been re-playing 'Saint's Row The Third' lately - great fun as usual. I picked up 'Dead Space 3' on sale for $40 the other day. Traded in a few old games for 60% extra credit (deal at GameStop), and received $64 in credit. I got my buddy a new headset and a new copy of that game. Seemed worth it, and I can't wait to dive into it this weekend.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Black Ops 2

Takes itself much too seriously and it really hasn't changed as much as I thought it had. And they really have no idea how a wingsuit works. As ever though it's fun running and gunning while everything explodes.

It's also the first game I've played on Wii U and it looks great. The touch screen is useful too, having it as a map means the screen can be less cluttered.

Not as good as MW3 though. That was just a big dumb globe trotting action movie and it was brilliant. That one had amazing locations and set pieces.

I'm shooting back and forth between various Resident Evil games.
    Just finished BLOODSTONE in two days between work - bought it for £5
    I was pleasently surprised with the game as never played it before.
    For a Bond game 7 -10 best one so far - ending not what I expected
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    largo2 wrote:
    Just finished BLOODSTONE in two days between work - bought it for £5
    I was pleasently surprised with the game as never played it before.
    For a Bond game 7 -10 best one so far - ending not what I expected

I really like it too, and it is a shame we never got a follow up with more of the same mechanics.
  • Zombi U

The title is stupid and there's no story at all but it's fun. You mainly use a cricket bat ala Shaun Of The Dead but it's annoying because it takes a million hits to bash the zombie's heads in.
    Zombi U

The title is stupid and there's no story at all but it's fun. You mainly use a cricket bat ala Shaun Of The Dead but it's annoying because it takes a million hits to bash the zombie's heads in.

I wish I could get a straight answer on that game. I walked into Gamestop one day, asked if the game was good, and the four clerks working that day were split evenly, with two saying yes and two saying no.
  • The World is not enough (ps1)
    @Joethe007fan, I didn't get into that version as much as I did the N64 one, and I always found it interesting how both games were different in very many ways.

I just finished playing a few Combat Training rounds against bots with the missus on 'Black Ops II.' Always good fun. Played at least five or six hours of Grifball on 'Halo 4' last night, and can't believe how much fun that was.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Joethe007fan, I didn't get into that version as much as I did the N64 one, and I always found it interesting how both games were different in very many ways.

Different developers. Black Ops Entertainment (TND's developers) made the PS1 version, while Eurocom made the N64 version.
    @Agent007391, I had no idea; news to me. Thank you for that. No wonder they were totally different. Like I said, I just never got into the PS1 version like I did the N64 one. I would stay the night at my buddy's place, and I would play Davidov, he would play Elektra, and we would face off against M and King the entire night on numerous maps.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, I had no idea; news to me. Thank you for that. No wonder they were totally different.

I didn't know it until years after it came out (like, 2004, or so). I'd honestly thought they were developed by the same people, but because the PS1 had a far worse control scheme for FPS than the 64 (because people didn't know how to make dual analog sticks work in tandem yet), it just didn't work as well. It was a big surprise to me that two different companies worked on the same title for different consoles.

Fun fact: The World is Not Enough - received better by websites and magazines on the N64 - version developed by Eurocom
    Quantum of Solace - received better by websites (and maybe magazines) on the PS2 - version developed by Eurocom