Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• I think I'm going to get the Hearthfire DLC. I want to build a house.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,459
    I think I'm going to get the Hearthfire DLC. I want to build a house.

It's so much more expansive than that; I was really surprised.

There are new supplies unlocked in the world - most of the ones needed can be farmed infinitely right at the location you build your house - and you build a tiny one, then add on a much bigger section, and then you have about eight or nine different attachments, and you can choose three per house. Even after all of that, there are so many things to purchase and add to your home(s), it's insane. I spent hours working on my first new home.

My only wish was there was some way I could build said home in a town of my choosing, but you need a pretty big plot of land to do so.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 183
    I know its been discussed previously, but I have just finished Hitman Absolution (I got it for Crimbo), and have to say what a shocking opportunity they missed here. The main thing that eats away at me is that there are so many things they get right, yet so many they get wrong, and the things they get wrong are incredibly noticeable if you're accessing the game as a Hitman fan. I hold Blood Money as one of my top 10 favourite games ever, so to take what made that game so playable away is incredibly frustrating.

For example a mission in Absolution tend to have a few ways of making a hit, but of course getting close to the hit presents a challenge too. But the more you play the game, the more you realise there are actually only a limited way of improvising a situation, and the path you're following is completely linear. What you thought might be a new way simply results in the same situation. Blood Money was different in that respect. You were simply plonked at the entrance, and left to you own devices, no 'get to point A to find target', no checkpoints, just you and your objective. And in Blood Money, there were literally hundreds of ways to complete a hit.

I understand why they did it, it does add more narrative, and if they had missions like it after every 4 missions, I wouldn't mind, but to have it in 90% of all missions, is simply spitting on the work of the previous games.

Another thing that wound me up is the ability to be caught wearing a disguise. I can understand more if guards recognised me after standing in their face for a few minutes, but to be recognised within 5 seconds standing 10 metres away with my back to them is ridiculous. Instinct is brought in to stop that, but even so, it decreases quick and before you know it, it's not even worth wearing the disguise. Again - incredibly frustrating.

Also gone, is the ability to select equipment before your mission. I used to love deciding to take a sniper rifle and having to somehow get my sniper case past security, etc, and that ability has now gone, as I can only get the weapon in certain missions, and getting past security is easy as the rifle somehow fits into 47's pocket easily.

The game does have its good points, such as its beautiful visuals (crowd scenes especially), and the motion capture of 47 makes him act incredibly cool as you control him. Buttons are now much more fluid to play with, and I know many probably don't like the story, but I actually did.

As you can see, most of my complaints are about what I miss from the last game. So this game I will give two ratings for - 8/10 for new Hitman Players, but take two points away for Hitman fans and my score is a 6/10. Still, it's better than 007 Legends which is a 2/10 game.

Here's to the Hitman HD Trilogy!
  • DrNoDrNo North Hollywood, California, USA
    I just beat XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Classic and am now messing around with multiplayer. I loved it. Best game I've played in years - very worthy redux of the original.
  • Had the afternoon off today so I played my old n64 for a bit.

Zelda Orcarina Of Time Classic. The fairy that follows you around still pisses me off though.

Goldeneye Nuff said really. The cheats make it even more fun.

Duke Nukem 64 Fun mix of shooting aliens with all sorts of insane weapons and looking at pixelated tits, but finding the keycards is the most annoying thing in the world.

Indiana Jones And The Infernal Machine Uncharted is a better Indiana Jones game but this isn't bad at all and is still enjoyable today.
  • AliAli
    edited January 2013 Posts: 319
    Re" Skyrim on PS3. Betheseda's engine is very old and creaky and doesn't work well with multi core processors. But of a swine when PS3 uses 6 of the things! The 360 uses two cores but, even then, Betheseda's engine runs mainly on one of those. PS3 also relies on the SKUs to help out the GPU, unlike 360 where the GPU can function independently. Skyrim will never run properly on the PS3 no matter how much they patch it. Not the PS3's fault, just very different architecture and the devs should have updated their game engine at the beginning of this generation rather than stumbling on and hoping for the best.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    just played the Metal Gear Rising demo on PS3. It was not as bad as I had originally thought. The beach scene was graphically stunning!
  • For crying out loud I HATE the new Playstation Store layout-- see, I didn't even know the Metal Gear Rising demo was out and I've even been keeping an eye out for it!

Thanks for mentioning it @WillardWhyte - downloading as I speak! :-bd
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I played the Rising demo a little while ago. It was decent, though I'm still not getting it for a while. My money will be saved for Resident Evil: Revelations when it comes to consoles. And on that subject, the last game I played was Resident Evil 2, both on the PS1 and the N64... classics I'll go back to again and again.
    Far cry 3
    Great game with great graphics.
  • 007: Legends - Goldfinger level.
    A pretty great game!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    007: Legends - Goldfinger level.
    A pretty great game!

Is that part of your comedy act? It's pretty funny! =))
  • Warhammer 40, 000 - Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, its really good but im getting my arse kicked by the orks in the campaign :S
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 153
    Had the afternoon off today so I played my old n64 for a bit.

Zelda Orcarina Of Time Classic. The fairy that follows you around still pisses me off though.

Goldeneye Nuff said really. The cheats make it even more fun.

Duke Nukem 64 Fun mix of shooting aliens with all sorts of insane weapons and looking at pixelated tits, but finding the keycards is the most annoying thing in the world.

Indiana Jones And The Infernal Machine Uncharted is a better Indiana Jones game but this isn't bad at all and is still enjoyable today.

Ha! I also played my N64 (emulator actually, on my Android), and good Lord I retrieved my childhood! I played Harvest Moon, WWF No Mercy, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye and Duke Nukem. But what I really appreciated was The World Is Not Enough. I just realized that it is a better Skyfall game than the one in Call of Duty: 007 Legends. Just put in Daniel Craig in the MI6 level, Underground Uprising, Turncoat, and Fallen Angel and voila! Skyfall: The Official Videogame of the Film! I didn't care much for the game when I was a kid but now, I appreciate it even more.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 498
    I finished Hitman Absolution a few weeks ago, and it seems to get a lot of hate but I enjoyed it a lot. I would like Hitman 6 to go back to the classic gameplay, but this one was still very fun for a one shot. The gameplay was great- finally the player has so many more options than previous installments. Love the cover system, the subdue/snap neck option, and point shooting. The visuals are pretty impressive too.

I also just bought the Hitman Trilogy for PS3 (I also have it for PS2) so I am currently replaying Silent Assassin. The graphics are definitely improved as are the loading times. Loving it so far (even though it's harder than I remember!)

Plus I am playing Uncharted 2, never played any games in that series before but a coworker recommended it and lent it to me.

Needless to say my new PS3 is getting some good use.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jackdagger wrote:
    Plus I am playing Uncharted 2, never played any games in that series before but a coworker recommended it and lent it to me.

Please tell me you played Uncharted 1 first?
  • jackdagger wrote:

Sadly, no.... usually I do play games in order but like I said it was lent to me.

jackdagger wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:

Sadly, no.... usually I do play games in order but like I said it was lent to me.

That's too bad. You miss all the past with Nate and Elena that makes 2 so powerful, my favorite game of all time.
  • jackdagger wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:

That's too bad. You miss all the past with Nate and Elena that makes 2 so powerful, my favorite game of all time.

Well, I can always go back and play the first one. I'm not sure who Elena is though (I'm only about a third through the game). Only girl I've met is Chloe?
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    jackdagger wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:

Well, I can always go back and play the first one. I'm not sure who Elena is though (I'm only about a third through the game). Only girl I've met is Chloe?

Oops...cat out of bag... :\">

Apologies. You'll like Elena, though: My favorite female game character voiced and acted by the lovely Emily Rose.

When you see Elena you'll be able to spot the uncanny likeness.
  • Oops...cat out of bag... :\">

Apologies. You'll like Elena, though: My favorite female game character voiced and acted by the lovely Emily Rose.

Haha, it's okay. I'll let you know when I meet her.
    (I probably would be a lot father in the game by now but I got completely distracted by the Hitman trilogy :x )

edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    jackdagger wrote:

(I probably would be a lot father in the game by now but I got completely distracted by the Hitman trilogy :x )

Ah, I see.

I guess it has really...

...garrote your attention.

B-)
  • jackdagger wrote:

Ah, I see.

I guess it has really...

...garrote your attention.

B-)

......That is the best pun I have ever heard in my life. =))

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I played Uncharted 2 recently. I'll be playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl today, though. And, maybe some Uncharted 2. I was actually getting into that last time.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've been playing Uncharted 2 recently as well. When I reformated my PS3's HD a while back, U2 was one of the games I wanted to start over. It's any excuse really. ;)

I've also been playing Captain America: Super Soldier. Fun game, but I felt that CA should have had a gun. I don't know much about the character, so I have no idea if firearms are really his thing.
    I've also been playing Captain America: Super Soldier. Fun game, but I felt that CA should have had a gun. I don't know much about the character, so I have no idea if firearms are really his thing.

Well, he used guns in both Captain America: The First Avenger (the film upon which this game is inspired) and The Avengers, so it would have made sense for him to have a gun, but I'm sure the developers just wanted to capitalize on the "throw your shield" concept of the character.
  • Skyrim

Built a house, found a dog, got married, wife got kidnapped, saved wife, killed a dragon, wanted a divorce, there are no divorces, killed wife, went to a city to go shopping, got involved in big conspiracy, ended up wrongfully in prison, took part in a prison breakout, dog died, agreed to take part in a robbery, got betrayed, found people who betrayed me and took the loot.

Fairly average day really.
    Skyrim

Built a house, found a dog, got married, wife got kidnapped, saved wife, killed a dragon, wanted a divorce, there are no divorces, killed wife, went to a city to go shopping, got involved in big conspiracy, ended up wrongfully in prison, took part in a prison breakout, dog died, agreed to take part in a robbery, got betrayed, found people who betrayed me and took the loot.

I used to be an Elder Scrolls player like you, but then I hopped off the boat a few too many times. And Oblivion bored the crap outta me.
  • Damn that game sounds involved! And you can do all of these things by choice?

I played a few minutes once (it's my girlfriend's) and couldn't get into it. Perhaps I'm not thinking out of the box....
    Skyrim

Your best post ever! =))