Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Again, don't they usually opt for relative unknowns to play James Bond?

Exactly. As it has been said before, our future 7th Bond (007th) is likely a face we aren't remotely familiar with.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Again, don't they usually opt for relative unknowns to play James Bond?

Exactly. As it has been said before, our future 7th Bond (007th) is likely a face we aren't remotely familiar with.

That's what I'm thinking. People like Fassbender would be cool - Hardy is a terrible choice, in my eyes - but it just isn't going to happen. Some of the others are a little bizarre; Jason Statham? Really?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah, I think it is safe to say that Bond #7 isn't anyone we have heard of yet. Megastars or up and comers like Fassbender, Hardy, Statham and Bale will never happen.
    Yeah, I think it is safe to say that Bond #7 isn't anyone we have heard of yet. Megastars or up and comers like Fassbender, Hardy, Statham and Bale will never happen.

Was that just a general sense of speaking, or did you switch your wording? I wouldn't think any of those four men are up-and-comers, especially Statham and Bale.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Was that just a general sense of speaking, or did you switch your wording? I wouldn't think any of those four men are up-and-comers, especially Statham and Bale.

I am just saying that I don't think EON would go for the big stars that the ones I named have become, or even some who show potential that have been in a few films and have a decent word of mouth.
  • Mind you, the increase in quality of the films themselves, increase in box office (and therefore prestige and earning power) and the increase in the level of talent involved in making the films could lure a bigger star to want to join the franchise. But that doesn't mean the EON would cast them...
    benedict cumberbatch,superb actor,i think he could play the part in his sleep.
  • How fascinating- this is Pierce Brosnan's son

design_05_subpage_v03_seanbrosnan.png

He'll be 30 in September- I wonder if he can act? By the look of him at least, he definitely has potential.....
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Sean Brosnan would really make a good Bond, but let's wait up more 8, 9 years. He's too young by now.
    Plus, i didn't see any movie with him, so i don't know if he can really act well.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Sean Brosnan would really make a good Bond, but let's wait up more 8, 9 years. He's too young by now.
    Plus, i didn't see any movie with him, so i don't know if he can really act well.

Thirty is too young? :O
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 72
    Thirty is actually a bit too young for the role. 35 is a better age to start with.
  • I didn't say he had to be Bond tomorrow- just posting a picture to show he had potential.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited January 2013 Posts: 2,635
    I didn't say he had to be Bond tomorrow- just posting a picture to show he had potential.

I know you didn't, friend, sorry for any miss understanding. I was just saying :)
    thelion wrote:
    Thirty is actually a bit too young for the role. 35 is a better age to start with.

Agreed.
  • OligarchOligarch Banned
    Clive Owen would have been an excellent choice. I'm assuming he'll be too old by the time Craig retires from the role though, right?
    You can definitely see a lot of Pierce in Sean.
    You can definitely see a lot of Pierce in Sean.

To me, he looks more like Bond than Brosnan ever will.
  • Adrian Paul...or someone unknown would better suit the role IMO. Enough with the cardboard Craig.
    Wow, Sean has really grown up. He has a great look to him, I just need to see him in something first. I read a good while ago that he and his father were doing a project together.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Wow, Sean has really grown up.

Last time i saw a pic from him, was around '07 or '08. He was even more "Brosnanic" on the photo i've saw, as i remember.
  • thelion wrote:

I have no problem with a 30 year old actor playing Bond. IIRC Connery was 31 when filming DN, and Lazenby was 29 at the time of OHMSS. Even Brosnan would have been not too far off that age if he had been cast in TLD. And starting around 30 makes it less likely that we have an embarrassingly old actor in the role...

I have no problem with a 30 year old actor playing Bond. IIRC Connery was 31 when filming DN, and Lazenby was 29 at the time of OHMSS. Even Brosnan would have been not too far off that age if he had been cast in TLD. And starting around 30 makes it less likely that we have an embarrassingly old actor in the role...

You may be right, but there is the thing of the maturity and class of the actor in role. I mean, a Young Bond wouldn't be wrong at all, however, if you see a bit more deeper, Bond wouldn't be able to learn everything that he knew in only 10 or 15 years. For a man like him, he'd need so much more time to get the training that MI6 would require.
  • David Gandy, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, And maybe a potential Orlando Bloom doing a sort of Roger Moore take...
  • As for M I'm surprised they didn't go for Colin Firth...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why? We got Feinnes.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 34
    Firth IMO seems to fit the role better....I suppose in a more old school typical manner
  • As for Fiennes I kept thinking he would play out to be a double double agent and possibly loyal to Spectre....Has an evil innate aire about him. Unless of course that was the idea behind the casting of M. To create an aire of uncertainty
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 59
    Universal Soldier 4's Scott Adkins, which was one of last year's best action movies starring a damn good martial artist/stuntman/actor (a Bond who could do HIS own stunts!!) who's English to boot, although he often plays an American (as in 2012's excellent El Gringo)or (as in Undisputed 2 + 3 - the finest fight film in years !!) a Russian, he also plays the mutated Ryan Reynold's character at the end of Wolverine (and his moves are that yawn-fests only plus point!!)

Adkins has a small role in Bigelow's stunning Zero Dark Thirty, and definitely looks more along the lines of Fleming's idea than Daniel Craig
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Brosnans son definetly looks the part but I need to see him in something first. If he's anything like his old man though then I say go for it.
    chrisM wrote:
    Universal Soldier 4's Scott Adkins

Weclome to the club. I've been suggesting Adkins as Bond since I saw Assassination games :) Great choice.
  • Brosnans son definetly looks the part but I need to see him in something first. If he's anything like his old man though then I say go for it.
    chrisM wrote:
    Universal Soldier 4's Scott Adkins

Weclome to the club. I've been suggesting Adkins as Bond since I saw Assassination games :) Great choice.

Nothing I've seen him in suggests that he has the "movie-star" presence to be Bond. He strikes me as a direct-to-video level actor.

• why are people saying clive owen? by the time craig steps down, owen will be 50+

alot of people are saying tom hardy and I agree with them, by the time craig has stepped down hardy will be approaching 40 a good age to take on bond, but I feel they should try a younger bond to appeal with the new times, but it is most likely that the new bond will be a small time actor that has done some roles and has all the bond characteristics, and whos says bond will carry on they may decide to stop it, or craig to continue. who knows..