Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• I saw Hardy in Brosnan, I mean Bronson, the movie about the famous British jail inmate a year or two back, it was a bit of a bizarre watch, and Hardy did well for me, but at least on that alone, I don't think he would be the most appropriate choice.
    They really made it a point to show Tom's penis an much as possible in that damn movie. I mean if I had to be naked in a movie, I'd at least try to get a semi first. :D

Past:A young Gabriel Byrne.
    gabriel-byrne-06.jpg
    Future:It has to be Mr Fassbender.
    wenn2426646.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,936
    I don't usually think about who might step into Bond's shoes after Craig. It's too far off, and I'm confident EON will make the right choice anyway. However, if Craig didn't get the role I would've been happy with Gerard Butler or Dougray Scott. Clive Owen looked the part, but that's about it. Post-Craig, I can't think of anyone other than Fassbender, although his age will be an issue if Craig sticks around after Bond25.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It may well be someone we don't know yet. And I concur with Dougray Scott; I think I would have enjoyed him as Bond.
  • Daniel Craig such a Best Bond Ever !! :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nice intro, @Apple_Tang93! Welcome to MI6.
    Jason stathem maybe...
    Matthew Lewis (maybe in about 12 years)

Why wait?
    Craig still has what.. four years? Plus 2-3 to 'find' the new guy..
    So that's already 7 at the best for Craig's replacement.
    MV5BMTU1NTQ1Nzg5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTIzNTIwNg@@._V1._SY314_CR12,0,214,314_.jpg
    Matthew%20Lewis-CNO-004392.jpg
    1.jpg
    matthew-lewis-takes-over-deathly-hallows-canada-premiere-1_large.jpg
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Jeremy Renner would be my choice, although now he's done Bourne probably unlikely. Fassbender 2nd choice.
  • i think lazenby would have become a fantastic bond and should have done more also id like to have seen dalton do a few more but my opinion on a new bond would be clive owen or hugh jackman
  • AT005 wrote:
    Jason stathem maybe...

yes i agree
  • Past? Only one comes to mind, Sean Bean.

Future:

Michael Fassbender
    Henry Cavill
    Matthew Lewis (maybe in about 12 years)

i would have loved sean bean to be bond also in the early 80s lewis collins
    cwl007 wrote:
    Jeremy Renner would be my choice, although now he's done Bourne probably unlikely. Fassbender 2nd choice.

Is he even British?!
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    cwl007 wrote:

Is he even British?!
    was lazenby or brosnan .....do grow up 007
  • fassbender is half irish half german
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 300
    After Craig makes his 2 other Bond films following Skyfall, Eddie Redmayne would be an ideal choice IMO since he'll be about 35 by then. It's already been proven he's a fine actor and he's got a great look for Bond.

eddie-redmayne_320.jpg
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    cwl007 wrote:

Is he even British?!

No but they were all part of the 'empire'.

Having an American typecast actor that's been a lead in TWO major espionage franchises already is what sounds childish.
    You grow up.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 188
    Tom Hardy should be the next Bond after Daniel Craig leaves (another 2 movies?) - especially if Christopher Nolan directs a Bond movie.

Acting - Craig has bought this raw emotional quality to Bond in his reign - and out of instinct people say he is like Connery - when his Bond is actually more akin to Dalton's who tried to write out the farcical humour and add more subtler tones as well as portray the ice cold killer present in the books.
    Taking a narrowminded view many will look at Hardy and only see the roles he's portrayed that have made him a success i.e. Bronson, and Bane - muscle-men and sinister hard-nuts. When Hardy can also portray raw emotional parts, as well as being more subtle - Hardy can play a dynamic part as well as the villainous roles he has come be known as. So I think Hardy would take Bond back to being a brooding physical presence, a smouldering bruiser as portrayed by Connery and Lazenby. Hardy would then certainly surprise the audience when he pulls raw emotional acting skills similar to Craig's out of the bag.
    The only thing I haven't seen Hardy portray is a red-blooded heterosexual male who is seducing a beautiful woman - if he displays he can do this, he's ideal for Bond. (he does do abit of flirting with a man in Rocknrolla though lol)

Physicality - People forget that Connery was a little-heard-of bemuscled bruiser who seemed like a cold killer on film, but who also had an air of suave seduction about him. I think Hardy would certainly have the prowess and swagger to pull off the physicality of Connery or Lazenby. Don't forget Hardy is also willing to put great work into altering his body to suit a role. The narrow-minded may say that Hardy has too much muscle and brawn to portray Bond - and yet I'm sure hardy would relish the opportunity to become more chiselled like Bronson (the film star, not the inmate lol) and indeed Daniel Craig!

Hardy would also make an excellent Bond in a Christopher Nolan film - many cinema goers and film fans already saying he should be Bond after hardy stole every scene he was in in Nolan's Inception after playing the role of Eames.

I have to admit - just a few days ago I had been loving the idea of Michael Fassbender playing 007 opposite Tom Hardy as the bad guy - however now I've warmed to the idea of the roles actually being reversed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyPV3q5Xl9M
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    cwl007 wrote:

Is he even British?!

Having an American typecast actor that's been a lead in TWO major espionage franchises already is what sounds childish.
    You grow up.

He did say it won't happen because he's done Bourne.

Brosnan was from Ireland not Northen Ireland so he's not part of the "empire" (and if you listen to Connery he'll probably say he's Scottish not British because he's an SNP supporter).

But anyway, Bonds actor doesn't have to be British, he just needs to be able to do a decent accent. I'm from the UK and I have nothing against an American as long as he can do an English accent.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    cwl007 wrote:

Is he even British?!

You grow up.

He did say it won't happen because he's done Bourne.

Brosnan was from Ireland not Northen Ireland so he's not part of the "empire" (and if you listen to Connery he'll probably say he's Scottish not British because he's an SNP supporter).

But anyway, Bonds actor doesn't have to be British, he just needs to be able to do a decent accent. I'm from the UK and I have nothing against an American as long as he can do an English accent.

Agreed, but Renner could never ever do the role because he cannot do a British accent, he has no on screen charm, there are much better actors to consider if we start looking at american actors who could be Bond (Jon Hamm), and besides; there are plenty of British actors who could be Bond. I'd say if you were going to get any actors who weren't British to play Bond they'd be; Jon Hamm (american, don't know if he does a good English accent), Michael Fassbender (think he's Irish) and Hugh Jackman (australian and probably does a decent Lazenby Bond accent, he's also good friends with Craig and Mendes already).

As I've said in this thread and others; I'd love Tom Hardy to take over the role after Craig.

• Benedict Cumberbatch for the next Bond
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,661
    Clive Owen has just turned 50! Time sure does go by. At one time he was seen as a hot favourite for the part. Bit too old now.

I reckon some unknown actor will be cast - he's probably working on some shopping channel to pay his rent. :D
    fanbond123 wrote:
    I reckon some unknown actor will be cast - he's probably working on some shopping channel to pay his rent. :D

Actually, I'm working at a GNC...

Agent005 wrote:
    fanbond123 wrote:

=D>
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agent005 wrote:
    fanbond123 wrote:

How goes the filming of that pilot, @Agent005?
    Agent005 wrote:
    fanbond123 wrote:

How goes the filming of that pilot, @Agent005?

Since he works at GNC I assume it's an pilot about the sale of overpriced and subpar supplements? Probably so realistic that he hasn't even seen any cameras yet.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 562
    No, I haven't seen any cameras yet, as we're not filming until November. We just did our first script read-through last Friday. I'll keep you posted.

http://www.facebook.com/TheDramaShoppe
  • fanbond123 wrote:
    Clive Owen has just turned 50! Time sure does go by. At one time he was seen as a hot favourite for the part. Bit too old now.

I can't believe Clive Owen is 50 - no wonder people who were pushing for him to be Bond have died by the wayside. Although there's not a huge amount of difference between 44 and 54 nowadays - however in terms of prospective shelf life, people want a Bond to start at 40 at the latest nowadays probably so that the actor can at least have a prospective 10 years in the role if he proves popular and performs well in the role.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,661
    Idris Elba Has Met With Producers About Playing JAMES BOND:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=69173

Elba recently starred in Prometheus.

If Daniel Craig is contracted to two more James Bond films that will mean a time frame of approximately four to six years. Idris Elba is 40. He will be 44 - 46 when Craig has done his five James Bond films making him (Elba) a bit too old to start playing Bond? I reckon so. Roger Moore was in his mid 40s when he took the role but that was back in the 1970s and times have changed and I think the producers would be reluctant to hire someone of that sort of age in the modern Bond era. Henry Cavill and Sam Worthington almost got the role in 2005. Cavill was 25 in 2005. I can't imagine a 40 plus year old replacing Craig.

• Let's say that Daniel is right now half way through his tenure as Bond and that he has another 6-7 years left till he's done. By then, Fassbender, who's 35 now, will be 41-42, an ideal age to play Bond. He looks the part and is a great actor. To my eyes, his performance would be the perfect balance of all the previous Bonds because he has Sean's masculinity, Roger's charm, Timmy's darkness, Pierces hight and good looks, and Craig's good shape and grittiness. I cannot emphasize enough how much I want Fassbender to play Bond!!!