Your favourite fictional character (except Bond)

Comments

• How about an anti-hero I'm talking Harry Palmer aka Michael Caine in the adaptation of Len Deighton's novels, these movies especially "The Ipcress File" are SO ULTRA COOL.

Ipcress file a great movie, did you ever see the two later Palmer movies? One was called Bullet to Beijing i forget the title of the other. If memory serves me correctly, Jason Connery appeared in one of them.

Try this link, 5 movies in all, but last 2 were more TV movies than anything, First 3 were more of the period, last was a bit mad but still quite cool because of Caine.

http://keesstam.tripod.com/all.html
  • Batman in the Dark Knight Trilogy.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Another shout out for Snake Plissken here. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I also have to give some love to my favorite noir detectives played expertly by Bogart: Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe. I can't wait to see what Robert Mitchum did with Marlowe, and get deep into his noir filmography.

And also a shout out to Holly Martins. Anyone who has seen The Third Man knows that Holly goes through hell, often working against himself to fulfill an duty he never thought he would have to commit. A true hero, though his victory is extremely Pyrrhic, a staple of noir.
  • Indy all the way, only second to Bond as a cinematic action hero. Loads of others also come to mind, pretty much what you guys have mentioned above.
    Definitely John McClane.

I'd also say Jeremy Clarkson, if you consider non-fiction-film.
    1.Judge Dredd
    2.Batman
    3.Superman
    4.Green Lantern
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Harry Callahan
  • 1. Harry Callahan
    2. John McClane
    3. Ethan Hunt
    4. Spock
    5. Travis Bickle
  • Superman From Superman the movie and Superman II Richard Donner cut. Though Superman is more a demi god than hero.
  • Indiana Jones over here- Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie of all time in fact
  • I'm at the age when I don't really have "heroes" anymore...to steal a quote about The Most Interesting Man in the World I try to live vicariously through myself. Having said that, Bond is and always will be a hero to me in a way that no other character comes close to. So much so that after seeing CR I felt what one film critic said he felt - "For the first time since watching Connery as a kid, I watched a Bond film and thought I want to be that guy!".

But when I was younger, no contest - either Han Solo or Indiana Jones, with it probably tipping more towards Indy.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    007('s) is (are) my definite Number One(s). So except it,

Far under there are : Aragorn, Batman (Keaton and Bale), Dirty Harry Callahan, Lara Croft, Sam Fisher, Anakin (adult) & Luke Skywalker, Maximus (Gladiator), Tony Stark... in no special order.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 1,405
    Comik Book Heroe:

1-Iron Man
    2-Iron Fist
    3-Batman
    4-Spider-Man
    5-Green Lantern

Movie Heroe, definitely 007 way ahead of anyone else:

1-Data
    2-Iron Man
    3-Batman
    4-Jean-Luc Picard
    5-King Kong (hey, didn't he save Naomi Watts from 3 T-Rex?)
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    1.Batman
    2.Indiana Jones
    3.Captain America
    4.Ethan Hunt
    5.Superman
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    1.Batman
    2.Indiana Jones
    3.Captain America
    4.Ethan Hunt
    5.Superman

I still need to finish 'Captain America.' I keep getting caught up in other things and I just don't finish it. It looks really good, and Evans seems pretty top notch, which was surprising because I loathed 'Fantastic Four' and the sequel.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Evans seems pretty top notch, which was surprising because I loathed 'Fantastic Four' and the sequel.
    He was the best thing in FF... well no, Jessica was, but he was the best MALE thing about it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Lamont Cranston / The Shadow
    Jack Carter
    Philip Marlowe (Mitchum)
    Dr. Susan Wheeler
    Sydney Savage
    The Doctor
    McGill
    Rayne
    Jill Valentine
    Agent 47
    Lara Croft
    Sam Fisher

A mixture of film, tv, comic and video game.
    Jack Carter

Eureka! A fine choice!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    Jack Carter

Eureka! A fine choice!

I figured he's saved the town enough times, usually a the expense of his jeep, man's a hero.
  • harmonica, once upon a time in the west.
    Indiana Jones
  • Bryan Mills!
    Indiana Jones! :D
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 129
    chrisisall wrote:
    Another shout out for Snake Plissken here. :D

Yes I'll second or third that, one of my all time great anti-heroes, but only in the original "Escape From New York", I was at college at the time, I remember thinking after having seen "Halloween" some years earlier that John Carpenter was a bit of a genius.

However the worst thing that happened was giving this guy a reasonable budget hence "Escape From LA", which was dire. The best story I heard about it though was when JC approached Kurt Russell to reprise the role. Wishing that he knew the whereabouts of the original Snake outfit, only for KR to produce it having kept them from the original film for some 18 years, he stated that Snake was his all time favourite character. :))
  • The Dark Knight trilogy. Best franchise since Bond. Mission Impossible and Indy movies.
    Any character played by Clint Eastwood
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 1,405
    Comik Book Heroe:

1-Iron Man
    2-Iron Fist
    3-Batman
    4-Spider-Man
    5-Green Lantern

Movie Heroe, definitely 007 way ahead of anyone else:

1-Data
    2-Iron Man
    3-Batman
    4-Jean-Luc Picard
    5-King Kong (hey, didn't he save Naomi Watts from 3 T-Rex?)

I wish to make a change, after seeing "Les misérables" and Baman rises for the second time:

Movie Heroe:

1-Data
    2-Batman
    3-Iron Man
    4-Jean Valjean
    5-Jean-Luc Picard
  • Jack Bauer!
    Yes I'll second or third that, one of my all time great anti-heroes, but only in the original "Escape From New York"
    Oh c'mon, EFLA was a hoot. Sure I like the original more as a dark commentary, but LA was just so damn funny!! And best ending to a movie nearly ever!