How did Eve qualify as a field agent in the first place?

12346»

Comments

• Quote:
    Bond 50
    Question .... Just how is a Government minority program racist ? Or do you just think the word minority is racist if so in what way genius ?

No, but implying she needed whatever kind of programm to get hired at all is either a racist or a sexistic notion and believe me I'm Not really heavy into the Womanslib movement!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Such a shame that nothing can be kept on a basic topic anymore, and has to delve into sexuality, gender, race, etc. If you find something truly unsavory, flag it and move on. If you don't reply to such immature retorts, then it will be left buried in other posts.
  • bond50 wrote:
    She must of been hired on some minority program the Goverment runs.

I'm all for different opinions on SF, it gets boring reading a gazillion best Bond ever reviews.

But this? Just piss off. We don't need people like you on here.
    bond50 wrote:

I'm all for different opinions on SF, it gets boring reading a gazillion best Bond ever reviews.

Like I just said, flag it and move on. Ignore the trolls and let the mods take care of it.
  • bond50 wrote:

Exactly =D>
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Who'd have thought a Bond movie would have provoked a debate about affirmative action? For the record, I don't believe any such official long-term programmes exist in the UK with the specific objective of altering the ethnic or racial balance of government departments by favouring one group over another. That said, the UK has taken steps over several decades to pursue 'equal opportunities' with the intention over time of trying to achieve a more representative mix of people in all areas of public service. MI5 and MI6 did also recently actively seek to recruit more staff from ethnic minority groups and with specific language skills where SIS was under-represented. The objective was to fill specific gaps in SIS's skills sets and to find staff who could work more effectively in, say, South Asian Muslim communities, rather than increasing numbers of ethnic minority staff for the sake of it though.

I cannot find any evidence in the film to suggest that she has benefited from a government minorities programme, although I do find her and most of her colleagues in SF to be pretty useless at their jobs. Perhaps Eve is actually slightly less useless than M, Q and Bond though, who between them manage to lose a list of all NATO agents, allow an arch enemy to easily breach the MI6 computer system and get the head of MI6 killed. Not bad for a couple of month's work. In modern Britain this is actually just the kind of incompetence that is regularly rewarded by bigger pay cheques, public acclaim and a gong or two for a life time of service. So on that level, if not on any others, SF is actually very realisitc indeed.
    Getafix wrote:
    I cannot find any evidence in the film to suggest that she has benefited from a government minorities programme, although I do find her and most of her colleagues in SF to be pretty useless at their jobs. Perhaps Eve is actually slightly less useless than M, Q and Bond though, who between them manage to lose a list of all NATO agents, allow an arch enemy to easily breach the MI6 computer system and get the head of MI6 killed. Not bad for a couple of month's work. In modern Britain this is actually just the kind of incompetence that is regularly rewarded by bigger pay cheques, public acclaim and a gong or two for a life time of service. So on that level, if not on any others, SF is actually very realisitc indeed.

Silva was MEANT to be an exceptional hacker a and a highly organised man with superior intelligence (like any good Bond villain, by the way). He was meant to easily hack into MI6 system (of which he was familiar with, having worked for them) the same way SPECTRE easily stole to A bombs from NATO.
  • bond50bond50 Banned
    edited December 2012 Posts: 42
    Mod edit: Racist comments from someone who hates himself so much he gets off on projecting said hate onto others. Psychiatrists have a field day with loonies like this.

• edited December 2012 Posts: 908
    bond50 wrote:
    Comment hastily removed by mod.

You are really a very very sic mind!!
  • bond50bond50 Banned
    edited December 2012 Posts: 42
    Mod edit: Insults to the members of this forum.

• edited December 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Well if this guy is still allowed around here after these remarks, then the mode need to think again..
  • Moneypenny being black is about as relevant as Berenice Marlohe being of mixed French / Chinese decent - absolutely has no bearing on the character or the story whatsoever. Getting back on topic, Eve must have got in the field the same way any agent did. It's not stated whether she is / was a Double 0 and had two kills under her belt, though I think she was there more in a support capacity really.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:
    Well if this guy is still allowed around here after these remarks, then the mode need to think again..

Sorry love, but we are working on it.

And if I may be so blunt, it's a trifle insulting to suggest that we would condone filth like this.
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Sorry love, but we are working on it.

And if I may be so blunt, it's a trifle insulting to suggest that we would condone filth like this.

Have to say calling Germanlady "love" was a bit patronising, as a gentleman, consider your hand slapped, you may not condone the trolling but you don't have to add to it with your own condescension .
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Dimi, I understand you feel like that, but I sounded like this, because I have seen too many of the kind been around way too long. So excuse me, if I am adressing it. I know, I am straight between the eyes often and don't dress it up. But I just say LICENCD TO KILL as example and you will know, what I mean. I know, the mods work can be difficult and often without merits, but I don't see a reason either to paint everything they do rosy just because...without critic, matters can't be bettered.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 23,530
    Have to say calling Germanlady "love" was a bit patronising, as a gentleman, consider your hand slapped, you may not condone the trolling but you don't have to add to it with your own condescension .

This is between the lady and myself. [-(
    Germanlady wrote:
    Dimi, I understand you feel like that, but I sounded like this, because I have seen too many of the kind been around way too long. So excuse me, if I am adressing it. I know, I am straight between the eyes often and don't dress it up. But I just say LICENCD TO KILL as example and you will know, what I mean. I know, the mods work can be difficult and often without merits, but I don't see a reason either to paint everything they do rosy just because...without critic, matters can't be bettered.

All suggestions are welcomed - of course. However, most of us, mods, have signed up between 2002 and 2005. We've been doing things our way for all those years. And the fact is that this forum is still a healthy and fruitful place for James Bond related discussions. There's the inevitable crack in the wall now and then, but we always come out of it unscathed.

Basically a lot of folks have indirectly been asking why us mods can't *just* ban troublemakers. The truth is we like to discuss matters first, see if someone deserves a second chance. Then we take these matters to the big chiefs upstairs, who are ultimately the true hosts of this forum and whose good right it is to have the final saying. Let us also not forget that many of us live and sleep in different time zones, that we have demanding jobs 'on the side' and that matters are sometimes complicated by members who are correctly fed up with the nonsense, yet only stir things up more by trying to debate with the trolls. You have no idea the kind of cleaning we need to do sometimes when insulting language gets copied in multiple posts and such. All we ask is to flag, to PM us and then to ignore the troll. Makes things a lot easier.

When you take things to court, long and tedious procedures begin. But it is still better sometimes than medieval decapitation right after the crime. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:

:P
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

:P

I see no problem referring to a woman as "Love". Seems like a right gentlemanly thing to say. After all, I think @Dimi has been through enough Jinx types to notice a Vesper, and knows how to compliment her thusly.
    I see no problem referring to a woman as "Love". Seems like a right gentlemanly thing to say. After all, I think @Dimi has been through enough Jinx types to notice a Vesper, and knows how to compliment her thusly.

Wow, I like that, 0Brady. ;-)

In fact, Germanlady isn't my Vesper. She's my little Octopussy: we're two of a kind. :-)

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:

In fact, Germanlady isn't my Vesper. She's my little Octopussy: we're two of a kind. :-)
    That was really Suave @DarthDimi, maybe you should Audition for Bond. ;)
    the-saint-roger-moore.jpg
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 129
    DarthDimi wrote:

All getting a bit gushing know, stop it or I may be sick. :))
    Murdock wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

That was really Suave @DarthDimi, maybe you should Audition for Bond. ;)
    the-saint-roger-moore.jpg

Yes, he is a little Angel, isn't he? O:-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Was there ever a thread questioning how Carter became an agent? Because his competency is definitely deserving if questioning rather than Eve being unjustifiably dragged over the coals.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Was there ever a thread questioning how Carter became an agent? Because his competency is definitely deserving if questioning rather than Eve being unjustifiably dragged over the coals.

I just think there isn't much to discuss with Carter. He gave his position away by touching his ear, and then fell and (somehow) discharged his weapon, scattering the crowd. That's really all there is to say on it. He was an incompetent rookie that somehow managed his way into the field.