Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig (poll added)

Comments

• Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever followed by Sean Connery.
    Craig. I actually quite liked Brosnan, but... just no contest (for me I mean, obviously).
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 16
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Craig

He's more man than Zeus.

What?

Brosnan is great in the game, but not in the movies.

MOD EDIT: DOUBLE POST MERGED.

Don't double-post, please. @Zeus.
    Craig, obviously.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I don't hate or even dislike Brosnan, but between the two I prefer Craig.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Daniel Craig for me. Love Brosnan, but when it comes down to it, I'd just rather watch Craig's films. And isn't that what it's all about? :P
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Daniel Craig for me and it's not even close. Pierce Brosnan is a very handsome man, and looks bloody good all the time, but Daniel Craig is James Bond to me. He's believable as Bond to me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Pierce Brosnan. >:)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Pierce Brosnan turned me off Bond, I went to see all his films at the cinema but never with any excitement or expectation apart from GE and it left me deflated, I just don't buy him as 007, worst Bond in my book sorry!

Craig got me back into Bond big time and I've been loving his time in the role, he's going to a tough act to follow. Can't wait to see him in Spectre, SF is for me his best performance to date in the role and tying with Connery (FRWL) for all time performance of the series.

Easily Craig
    Craig....by a thousand million light years.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Daniel Craig for me and it's not even close. Pierce Brosnan is a very handsome man, and looks bloody good all the time, but Daniel Craig is James Bond to me. He's believable as Bond to me.

I've always thought, if Bond was real and actually had to do stuff like save the world on the daily, Daniel Craig is the guy you'd want him to be :P
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I've always thought, if Bond was real and actually had to do stuff like save the world on the daily, Daniel Craig is the guy you'd want him to be :P
    OMG. We're talking about the equivalent of an adult graphic novel. You want any level of realism at all watch The Constant Gardner.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,691
    double D'OH post
    chrisisall wrote: »

OMG. We're talking about the equivalent of an adult graphic novel. You want any level of realism at all watch The Constant Gardner.

I understand, I was just light-heartedly saying that if James Bond's missions were really real, Daniel Craig would be the guy you'd want handling them. Sorry if I offended!
    I judge it on film for film. CR better than GE. TND slightly better than QOS (close call). SF better than TWINE. And I think SP is going to be a lot better than DAD which shouldn't be difficult. Daniel for me folks.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    After thinking long and hard, I have to give this to Craig.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Pierce Brosnan.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Brosnan. Easily.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Brosnan. Easily.
    Yeah.

Daniel Craig, hands down.
    Good to see some Brosnan love here!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yeah, Brosnan for me.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Pierce Brosnan.
    Craig
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 99
    Brosnan, by far. Craig turned me off from the series.
    Daniel Craig...
    Daniel Craig
    Connery
    Dalton
    Brosnan
    Moore

My list only includes real actors to have played Bond.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Daniel Craig by a country mile as I don't even consider Brosnan convinced me he was Bond at any time in the role.

I was more convinced by Lazenby and prefer his performance over greatest hits smarmy Trans Atlantic Bond.

Since Skyfall my ranking would be

1. Daniel Craig
    2. Sean Connery
    3. Timothy Dalton
    4. George Lazenby
    5. Roger Moore
    6. Pierce Brosnan

My rankings post SF

1. Sean on pedestal

2. Laz on lower pedestal.

The others.

3. Broz
    4. Rog
    5. Dalts
    6. Blue snuggers/old dog

There is hope for #6 to push up to maybe #3, possibly #2, if he can find his 007 mojo for a whole movie.

#1 towers above mere mortals.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 7,526
    timmer wrote: »
    My rankings post SF

1. Sean on pedestal

2. Laz on lower pedestal.

The others.

3. Broz
    4. Rog
    5. Dalts
    6. Blue snuggers/old dog

There is hope for #6 to push up to maybe #3, possibly #2, if he can find his 007 mojo for a whole movie.

#1 towers above mere mortals.

Good list (even though I like Craig :P); I definitely approve of the love for Lazenby. Personally I'd put Dalton above Rog as well, though.

Having said that, I watched Octopussy last night and the Bond and Khan performances were both awesome, I thought.