The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

All right, here's one:

What do Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan have in common ?

Clue: they also have it in common with Dame Shirley Bassey. Among a lot of others.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Gerard wrote:
    All right, here's one:

What do Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan have in common ?

Clue: they also have it in common with Dame Shirley Bassey. Among a lot of others.
    They have sang in a film/for a film?
    :-/
    No. Another clue: Sir Lew Grade was involved.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    They were all somehow involved in 'The Muppets Show'?
    Creasy, you have won. Indeed, Roger Moore (and Shirley Bassey) both appeared in The Muppet Show, while Pierce Brosnan appeared in Muppets Tonight. So, the field is yours now.
    Gerard wrote:
    Creasy, you have won. Indeed, Roger Moore (and Shirley Bassey) both appeared in The Muppet Show, while Pierce Brosnan appeared in Muppets Tonight. So, the field is yours now.

Awesome, thank you. Let's see here. I'm feeling incredibly uncreative, so I'll go with something simplistic.

What 21st Century cruise ship comedy starred a former James Bond? Film title and actor, please.
  • After the Sunset with Pierce Brosnan?
    ReneMathis wrote:
    After the Sunset with Pierce Brosnan?

That's not it. Entertaining film, though. Keep guessing.
  • I feel it has to be Brosnan also, but damned if I know what movie it was

Maybe a pirate theme as I can see Brosnan getting involved in that. I think we have half an answer in any event, but I don't know what the title can be. It can't be any other former Bond actor I'm sure of it, and Brosnan just fits the profile
  • Roger Moore - Boat Trip
    Roger Moore - Boat Trip

You have it. @Baltimore_007, you seemed pretty sure, but it was in fact Roger Moore.

Over to you, @Thepastykid.
  • How are Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho and 1971's Diamonds Are Forever linked.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How are Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho and 1971's Diamonds Are Forever linked.

John Gavin was considered for Bond when EON weren't sure if they could get Connery back?
  • All yours
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    All yours

Thanks! I will try to think of one and post it before nightfall.

On reflection, I am glad Gavin didn't get the role. I find his performance as Loomis wooden. I think even Hitch himself said he wanted to amp up the tension as much as possible to direct the audience's attention away from the bad acting of some cast members. :))

Thanks! I will try to think of one and post it before nightfall.

Promises, promises. L-)

To stop the self deprecation, I will finally supply a trivia question. Sorry I let this get away from me in the mix of college finals and Christmas vacation. Here is your quandary, my friends:

"What chain of events connects the Bond films to the Mercury Theatre?"
    Well, apart from Orson Welles, I don't see anything. And I'm sure this is not the answer.
    Gerard wrote:
    Well, apart from Orson Welles, I don't see anything. And I'm sure this is not the answer.

Nope, but keep guessing.
    BUMP

Any more guesses?

The answer is out there.
    I keep thinking it's a classic now. Really thought it was something from Batman, but since it isn't, this is what I'm aiming for. It sounds so familiar, it's irking me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I keep thinking it's a classic now. Really thought it was something from Batman, but since it isn't, this is what I'm aiming for. It sounds so familiar, it's irking me.

This isn't a movie quote. It's a trivia riddle. Unless you are talking about the riddle.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,474
    Wow, major apologies. I kept thinking I was on the quote page, just by looking at your response.

Now on topic, is it something to do with the Mercury Theatre and a James Bond 50th Anniversary event?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Wow, major apologies. I kept thinking I was on the quote page, just by looking at your response.

Now on topic, is it something to do with the Mercury Theatre and a James Bond 50th Anniversary event?

No worries, I did the exact same thing recently, until @Kerim steered me clear on the right path. :))

And no, it isn't about a 50th anniversary event. Though it is very much a connection to a Bond tradition.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, now I'm thinking it has something to do with music. Perhaps an orchestra.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, now I'm thinking it has something to do with music. Perhaps an orchestra.

Not music, though one of the connections in question had a very surprising sound attached to it for its time. Very unusual, and not a sound for everyone.
    Any more guesses? I feel I will need to give more clues soon?
    Cough.
    Virage wrote:
    Cough.

Any guesses? It isn't difficult.
    Virage wrote:
    Cough.

Yes it is !!!!!!
    Virage wrote:
    Virage wrote:
    Cough.

Yes it is !!!!!!

Well, you have to be a fan of classic actors. Someone has to get it. I can supply more clues if need be.