Could Pierce Brosnan feasibly come back to do a Bond after Craig leaves?

Comments

I think they should go for an older actor next time. Someone pushing 70.
  • Getafix wrote:
    I think they should go for an older actor next time. Someone pushing 70.

I agree with you @Getafix. Now, this is just an idea I'm tossing out there, but how about bringing back Dalton ;)
  • @thelivingroyale, I would take Dalton at 70 over Brosnan at 60 any day!
  • Bring back Moore!

roger_moore_-_h_2012.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I think Dalton or Brosnan could come back but I KNOW Moore could! :D
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Remember that AWESOME trailer someone put together on youtube which featured Dalton returning for a current, brand new Bond movie? There was also a similar one with Brosnan, but I'll be damned if I can't find it.

Anyone know the trailer I mean? They took clips from lots of Brosnan's post-DAD films and created an awesome 'retired agent back for one more' type of movie. In the spirit of this thread, that trailer looked pretty great- and something I'd be first in line to see!

Here's the Dalton one- I sure hope someone can find the Brosnan one

• edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Remember that AWESOME trailer someone put together on youtube which featured Dalton returning for a current, brand new Bond movie? There was also a similar one with Brosnan, but I'll be damned if I can't find it.

Anyone know the trailer I mean? They took clips from lots of Brosnan's post-DAD films and created an awesome 'retired agent back for one more' type of movie. In the spirit of this thread, that trailer looked pretty great- and something I'd be first in line to see!

I've seen the one where he seems to shoot Craig (clips of The Matador and Layer Cake cut together). Judi Dench then rings up a deschiveled Brozza saying "Get back as soon as you can...we need you"

:))

Brosnan is badass but Dalton is better.

I wouldn't
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    BAIN123 wrote:

I've seen the one where he seems to shoot Craig (clips of The Matador and Layer Cake cut together). Judi Dench then rings up a deschiveled Brozza saying "Get back as soon as you can...we need you"

@Bain do you know the name of that clip? I have searched for it for a long time now, but i haven't found it. I love how Brosnan just sit's casually on the bed with just a hat and socks and laughs...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I think I found it @Master_Dahark. This one's a beauty!

I NEEEED the soundtrack to that video. Can anyone help?
  • I think I found it @Master_Dahark. This one's a beauty!

Now THAT looks like a great film waiting to be made haha - I imagine Felix Leiter as a black actor these days - but woody harrelson would make a bloody brilliant Leiter.
  • That would be 'Natural Born Silliness' or at least something I could never envisage

Also, for me, even though Dalton is my favorite Bond, between the two, I'd rather have Brosnan back at 60 than Dalton at 70

I wonder in ten years from now, or make that fifteen, if we would have Craig back as Bond, (he'll be 58/59 by my math) over the actor who is playing Bond then, for the benefit of this thread, I think even now, it could be a possibility
  • That would be 'Natural Born Silliness' or at least something I could never envisage

Also, for me, even though Dalton is my favorite Bond, between the two, I'd rather have Brosnan back at 60 than Dalton at 70

I wonder in ten years from now, or make that fifteen, if we would have Craig back as Bond, (he'll be 58/59 by my math) over the actor who is playing Bond then, for the benefit of this thread, I think even now, it could be a possibility

You know I was thinking that the other day - Craig is not as much alike Connery as people make out, but I do think there are parallels and I could definately envisage Craig leaving after 2 more Bonds...and then letting Nolan and someone else do Bonds for 2 or 3 films, and then Craig coming back to play an older Bond. Craig has aged - but he has such definable and distinctive looks that I think now that he will look pretty much the same for the next 20 years - given that he also works damn hard on his fitness and body as well.
    Please God, no. I have nothing against Brosnan as James Bond. But I feel that he should put it behind him. Connery's decision to do NSNA was a big mistake, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Pierce Brosnan seemed like he was irreplaceable and that bit him in the ass. He got too cocky and ended on the outside. We must admit that Craig has worked hard in all aspects of the films, not just the acting. That is dedication and professionalism. There is NO WAY the producers will take Pierce back, and that's that.
    No thanks, I already had my fill of Brosnan.
  • oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    No thanks, I already had my fill of Brosnan.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/My0JNJNafjs?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/My0JNJNafjs?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • I wouldn't mind one bit. I loved him as Bond, which makes it sad that his last Bondfilm was such a bad one.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Brosnan coming back is laughable. After the power house performances from Craig, especially in SF, to think the producers would revert back to a mediocre actor by comparison is a sick joke.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 503
    If you go watch some of the cutscenes from the 2004 video game Everything or Nothing, it's basically like Brosnan's 5th film. His likeness and voice is featured, as is Judi Dench's and John Cleese's. There are even a lot of Q scenes, which are very much in the vain of earlier ones with Llewelyn... Cleese actually directly mimics and copies all of Llewelyn's famous lines and mannerisms, which gets tiring very quickly and is a reminder of why a reboot was desperately needed.

Brosnan had his run... I probably enjoyed his tenure more than the average Bond fanatic but I certainly wouldn't want him back at this point, just as I wouldn't want any other previous actor back.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited October 2012 Posts: 543
    MrBond wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    @Bain do you know the name of that clip? I have searched for it for a long time now, but i haven't found it. I love how Brosnan just sit's casually on the bed with just a hat and socks and laughs...
    Could you be talking about this one:

• I think I found it @Master_Dahark. This one's a beauty!

Now that's a movie that I would be first in line to see! That looks like a NSNA style movie done right!

• acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,243
    November Man sounds great, and where I think Pierce was hoping his Bond would. But thanks to stupid scripts, Pierce never got to do a straight and narrow Bond. A shame, but this may be his way of doing just that.

I agree with you. Pierce was a fine Bond but kept too much on a leash to please audiences. They made Pierce's Bond middle of the road as at the time the studio needed to make as much money as possible and were terrified of a serious no nonsense Bond.

Along comes Daniel and has far greater freedom in terms of character development and controversy.

But Brosnan was enjoyable in the part and had class. I loved Dalton but could not say he was wrong for the part. Cinemas were packed during his tenure. And cinemas were packed when I saw Dalton's too in the UK.

It's only after you play Bond that the true colours come out of what people really thought of you. Audiences are more fickle these days whilst thirty years ago, loyalty to a Bond actor was stronger.

I think both Brosnan lovers and haters can agree on one thing, the 007 ship has sailed and should not be revisited. Even if it is for toatly different reasons.

The only former Bond I would not mind seeing returning to the franchise is Timothy Dalton but only as a baddie. (Now there is a thought that would screw with new fans when they watch the older movies. :D )
    Now that Daniel Craig has brought acting gravitas back to the role only Tim Dalton could make a credible return if the situation were to occur. I wish his 3rd film that never happened doesn't just exist in my mind. I've had dreams about it.
    SaintMark wrote:
    I think both Brosnan lovers and haters can agree on one thing, the 007 ship has sailed and should not be revisited. Even if it is for toatly different reasons.

The only former Bond I would not mind seeing returning to the franchise is Timothy Dalton but only as a baddie. (Now there is a thought that would screw with new fans when they watch the older movies. :D )

I love Dalton's Bond having read the books. He was similar to the villain and him and Sanchez could have been best pals in better circumstances.

But he would be a great villain. Some say the younger Dalton looked like a vampire which I agree and that is a compliment because I am a classic horror fan.

edited October 2012 Posts: 1,243
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Now that Daniel Craig has brought acting gravitas back to the role only Tim Dalton could make a credible return if the situation were to occur. I wish his 3rd film that never happened doesn't just exist in my mind. I've had dreams about it.

The missing third film torments me to this day. A squandered opportunity and Cubby wanted him despite naysayers. Dalton is the closest to Fleming and fits the physical description to an extent.

This is crazy but they could use Dalton and digitally make him younger. Why not?

The idea is ridiculous of course but so what? That's what these forums are all about: Bond fans spouting off their fantasies and the rest of us using our imagination to either agree or shoot them down with viciousness. :-))

Brosnan fans (and I am lukewarm about his era) should be satisfied. He did four films, twice as many of Dalton so he had his chance. It pains me whenever I think about what could have been with Dalts and the fact he never got his third is one of the biggest disapointments for me in the world of film. So be thankful Brosnan got as many as he did when there are more deserving men who either never got their chace or were shortchanged their run.