Your PPK.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited October 2012 Posts: 16,328
    Well look who it is... :-w
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, I wonder how @TouchMyButtons managed to sneak back here. Real shame, this one.
    Alt Account most likely.
    He had to blow his cover by posting a photo of himself. Not terribly sneaky
    :-? :D

Maybe the Secretary disavowed any knowledge of his actions. =)) Also, he likes to make all his thread topics in all caps.
    The ppks look great.
    I wish i had one.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited October 2012 Posts: 17,687
    Here's mine, a spring powered BB gun I just finished touching up a bit. At $13 (8 pounds), a bargain!
    SANY6132_zpsb5d1a8dc.jpg
  • Much appreciation for the Mods. It's wrong to say Moderation=a police state. It would be a police state if the Mods forced there opinion on others and didn't allow discussion on topics such as Favourite Bond film, actor etc. Being based in the UK myself, and after seeing the damage guns can do through such incidents as Dunblaine, it's right for Mods to be safe and remind everyone of the rules, especially on something as important as this.

Back to topic, some great replicas. Remember me and my mates bought a BB gun at university. Was orange and very heavy and wasn't great...but to me, that was my PPK. There is a pose (and I'm trying to find it) I did and I somehow look like Roger Moore on this cover of AVTAK:

http://www.covershut.com/covers/James-Bond-A-View-To-A-Kill-1985-Front-Cover-27388.jpg
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Here's mine, a spring powered BB gun I just finished touching up a bit. At $13 (8 pounds), a bargain!
    SANY6132_zpsb5d1a8dc.jpg
    PM Sent
    I bought a CP99 some years back - it's a P99 lookalike that takes a co2 cartridge to fire .177 pellets.

I've since retired it to a cupboard - very uncool to have a hand gun of any description in polite society.

My problem with co2 is twofold; first you need to keep buying cartridges, and second that it has some serious damage potential. Buy a toy or a gun- the co2 ones are in that mid-ground I'm not comfortable with in general.
  • In the UK is it still legal to own a BB gun or even an elastic rubber band?!

You can continue to own a gun coloured BB gun purchased before the new laws came into being, anything since has to be a bright fluorescent colour - unless you are a registered skirmisher or similar. Not sure about elastic rubber bands.
    It's probably easier to buy the real thing nowadays, legally - just go for deactivated weapons.
    One of my PPKs (a Replica Model) is included in my avatar.
    I'd love a deactivated PPK, but price??? My $13 BB gun will definitely suffice for now! :-?
    chrisisall wrote:
    I'd love a deactivated PPK, but price??? My $13 BB gun will definitely suffice for now! :-?

I'd love an activated PPK (I live in the US, so it's legal). But I'll be honest.. it's probably not a.. safe.. idea. (for others)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Well look who it is... :-w
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, I wonder how @TouchMyButtons managed to sneak back here. Real shame, this one.
    Alt Account most likely.
    He had to blow his cover by posting a photo of himself. Not terribly sneaky
    :-? :D
    Seems like Moneypenny overlooked his account... Mods?
  • "ust curious. If you have a ppk in your Bond collection, which one is it? I just bought a Denix replica, as there's a 5-year-old in the house and I do not want airsoft. It should ship soon. So, which ppk do you have? "

Personally, and by the way do You also have problems with ppk? Maybe I have bad luck but ppk was one of the rare p. that jammed(luckily on shooting range)...
  • "
    It's probably easier to buy the real thing nowadays, legally - just go for deactivated weapons."
    Only in (ex)communist countries like Cuba, Russia, and UK of course(by the way somebody remember UK law that required before every car a man walking with a red flag :-) ).

However You can still legally own that pistols in UK - special forces, members of staff, British guard police of Queen, and of course all diplomatic passports.
    ----
    If You want cheap deactivated probably best is to go into some other countries like UK, however I don't known what are requested papers in this country.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,745
    UsualMan wrote:
    "
    It's probably easier to buy the real thing nowadays, legally - just go for deactivated weapons."
    Only in (ex)communist countries like Cuba, Russia, and UK of course(by the way somebody remember UK law that required before every car a man walking with a red flag :-) ).

However You can still legally own that pistols in UK - special forces, members of staff, British guard police of Queen, and of course all diplomatic passports.
    ----
    If You want cheap deactivated probably best is to go into some other countries like UK, however I don't known what are requested papers in this country.

I'd just like to inform you to 'quote' another person's text, all you have to do is click the 'Quote' link on their entry and it will automatically appear quoted in the comment box.

It makes the conversation easier to follow.
  • And by the way - if somebody thinks that UK is safe state because of g. law, I should remember You that in general London is one of the rare cities in the world where the mi6 hq was target by portable roc. Also only one of the known NATO countries, where the armed bands done damage in central of state city(e.g. London r. last year).

Last, policewomen who d. in UK (rest in peace) by just one guy with it, which because that almost no lawfully citizens have, was easily for him...

////
    @JWESTBROOK Thanks I am really tired now (lot of work), so sorry for chaotic way.
  • In the UK is it still legal to own a BB gun or even an elastic rubber band?!

You can continue to own a gun coloured BB gun purchased before the new laws came into being, anything since has to be a bright fluorescent colour - unless you are a registered skirmisher or similar. Not sure about elastic rubber bands.
    It's probably easier to buy the real thing nowadays, legally - just go for deactivated weapons.
    One of my PPKs (a Replica Model) is included in my avatar.

Cheers, that'll explain why on eBay, many James Bond toy cap guns are bright blue.
  • Cheers, that'll explain why on eBay, many James Bond toy cap guns are bright blue.

Yep, I had one of those. That capgun was my childhood. 7 year old me had lots of fun pretending to be Timothy Dalton.

@DRESSED_TO_KILL I already knew you were @TouchMyButtons but you've just made it even more obvious for anybody who posts reguarly on here that hasn't guessed by now.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 16,328
    I'd like to get a deactivated replica of a Walther P5 used in Octopussy and Never Say Never Again.
    p5_gross_2451999.jpg
    Nice gun to be sure, but it just lacks the subtly of a PPK IMO...
    chrisisall wrote:
    Nice gun to be sure, but it just lacks the subtly of a PPK IMO...

True, but it's a nice looking gun and I've already got 2 PPK replicas. :D
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2012 Posts: 972
    I finally got a resin replica of the PPK to accompany my resin P99... In my country, one can only possess a non functioning replica of a gun.. In this case, a resin replica would be the best. I've never seen a PPK all this time and I'm surprised at the size. Its small and perfect for concealing. No wonder its the perfect Bond gun. No doubt the P99 is really big when compared to it. Here is my PPK....

8082250742_6868cdb805_c.jpg8082254719_7b94a39591_c.jpg8082255657_7d58e135eb_c.jpg8082266913_58888ca2b2_c.jpg8082257972_a235c5e3dd_c.jpg
    Resin props can be made to look precise with a little sculpting & a proper finish. This looks like it was cast from the real thing.
    The P99 looks great but the PPK looks really rough around the edges, but it's still cool.
    Murdock wrote:
    The P99 looks great but the PPK looks really rough around the edges, but it's still cool.
    Agreed.. The P99 does look great.. As for the PPK, that was the best I could get locally as the PPK is pretty hard to come by here so I grabbed it when I saw it..
    imranbecks wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Agreed.. The P99 does look great.. As for the PPK, that was the best I could get locally as the PPK is pretty hard to come by here so I grabbed it when I saw it..
    Yeah it's not bad, I kinda like the roughed up look. make it look like it's seen it's fair share of battle. :)

Dude, break out the sandpaper & clean that baby up! B-)
    chrisisall wrote:
    Dude, break out the sandpaper & clean that baby up! B-)

Nah, I like it the way it is. Who knows, maybe with the release of Skyfall, the local shop where I got it from will probably have a better version of the PPK resin replica soon, hope it will look just as good as my P99...
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 35
    Edit
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 35
    I dont suppose anyone has a spare finger rest they wanna give me? *wishful thinking*