Your PPK.

Comments

• edited November 2012 Posts: 1
    Hey guys,
    I'm new to the community, but not to James Bond :)

I while ago I thought I'd be great If I had a Bond's Walther PPK like used in the older movies
    but has recently been brought in Skyfall
    I had my birthday on the 24 October and I thought that It be awesome if I dressed up like James Bond, so I brushed out the tuxedo and started making the gun.gl9Fr.jpg
    vcyjO.jpg
    z2fsn.jpg
    Now I live in Adelaide, Australia and new gun laws do not allow me to purchase a airsoft gun, and if i want a resin cast from the UK or the US I need to pay $100 for a Weapons Import Permit, so instead of all the headaches I build it for scratch.
    It's made entirely out of wood and I drilled a hole at the end of the barrel so I can have my silencer slot in. And i couldn't go anywhere without a holster.
    m4GID.jpg
    uc1y7.jpg
    ONsDM.jpg
    I went for the old style underarm holster. I also made it, and it was surprisingly easy. The straps are old straps from a mini backpack I had and some black vinyl all stiched together.

Your replicas are obviously much more superior to mine, but I saw this post and thought I'd share what I've done.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Very cool Jamesh!! You got the classic lines of the PPK down nicely.
    And welcome to MI6!!!!
  • Yes, very nice! I love the silencer.

My uncle has a real PPK (I live in the US), but what's weird is apparently it was a piece of junk, and constantly needed to get repaired. He definitely took care of it, so it must've been a lemon or something. I always thought that Walthers were well made.
    I do have my pistol permit too, so I could get a handgun if I wanted to, but I haven't yet.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,892
    JameshBond wrote:
    gl9Fr.jpg
    Look out! It's the man with the wooden gun! ;) Now that's what I call dedication! Great work, @JameshBond- welcome to the community!
    JameshBond wrote:
    Now I live in Adelaide, Australia and new gun laws do not allow me to purchase a airsoft gun, and if i want a resin cast from the UK or the US I need to pay $100 for a Weapons Import Permit, so instead of all the headaches I build it for scratch.
    Yes, unfortunately it's not easy obtaining a toy PPK these days. So I thought, 'how about a P99?' Straight away, I managed to find a cap gun version online. It's great quality; mostly accurate detail; and has a bit of weight to it, as well. Not sure if PPK cap guns do exist- but if you find one, that's definitely your best bet.
    There were problems a few years back with the Smith & Wesson PPK. It would accidently discharge when de-cocking---not good. There was a recall and apparently solved it. Single/double action. The original PPK was a good carry and range pistol. 7 rounds in the clip, one in the snout. Nice one piece wrap-around wooden grip. Because it's a .380, ammo is cheap and readily available.
    I own two airsoft guns, PPK/S and P99. They were purchased from Pyramyd Air. So much fun to shoot.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Here is my little 007 armoury, hope you like my Richard Chopping original Fleming dust jacket homage ;)

[img][/img]DSCF2611_zpse82c5d2d.jpg
    [img][/img]DSCF2612_zpse504d6be.jpg
    [img][/img]DSCF2613_zps49827800.jpg
    [imgDSCF2614_zpsfef14a33.jpg][/img]
    [img][/img]DSCF2615_zps42b1db67.jpg
    Nice.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Forgot these two!

[img][/img]DSCF2617_zps2c9e09a9.jpg

And for that final touch that no best dressed 00 agent should be without:

[img][/img]DSCF2616_zpsac76c09a.jpg
    Sweet collection, Saunders! I must get myself a PPK, but they're hard to come by. I've got the same P99 cap gun like in the 4th picture, but it says 'P99' in gold- not '007'. I'll post some pics once I finish making a silencer for it. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    As requested by @Creasy 47 here's a picture of my PPK's with the magazines removed.

This is the airsoft model without silencer. (note the barrel has been covered with electrical tape to add girth for the silencer to have a snug fit.)
    4H3JoZf.jpg

Airsoft model with silencer. The silencer itself is a simple plastic tub that holds a roll of receipt paper. It's not screwed on at all. It's held on nice and tight from the electrical tape.
    M67tAtw.jpg

And lastly the BB gun model.
    BL03a4Z.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nice and ingenuitive. I really have to pick up one of these.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,687
    Murdock wrote:
    This is the airsoft model without silencer.

Nice. Not cheap though, I'm guessing. ?
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    This is the airsoft model without silencer.

Nice. Not cheap though, I'm guessing. ?

Oh no. It was $120 when I got it. Too overpriced sadly. But I wanted it.
    Mine was $13 + shipping.
    SANY6132_zpsb5d1a8dc.jpg
    I gotta get a nice one like yours, though.
    I was thinking about getting some blu-rays from Amazon, might add this to my cart for one big purchase.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 16,330
    In case you were wondering. This is what the front/back of the tube looks like.
    8666_595421103829178_1778255841_n.jpg
    As it's hollow, It is fragile but just take care of it and it will last for a long time.
    Nice, and it's just held together by the electrical tape? If it works, it works.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Nice, and it's just held together by the electrical tape? If it works, it works.

Yep. One layer of eletrical tape around the orange barrel and it has a tight fit. I swung it around just to see if it flew off and it didn't. since the barrel on the BB gun is thicker I don't need electrical tape to hold it on that one.
    The suppressor that came with my P99 is really small, and I guess something stripped in the barrel (or cracked) so it constantly flies off if I swing it too fast. Piece of junk.
    Yes airsoft suppressors are the cheapest things out there. I had a silencer for my P99 and had to glue it in place because it cracked. I sat on one accidently and it broke too. I find custom made one's for display purposes is best. Luckily I have a bunch of receipt tubes lying around since my mom brings them to me from work.
    I figured the suppressors would be much, much cheaper than the gun itself, especially fi someone has one lying around that they don't need anymore. I'm sure it's only a few bucks. If I get the PPK, I'll look into a suppressor that fits it.
  • DeJunkanoooDeJunkanooo Banned
    edited November 2013 Posts: 25
    Ill take a picture now iof mine. Now do keep in mind I'm american so we do have acess to the real thing so I got up got it. the Real Thing.

oEplcFF.jpg

I do like to do target shooting, and I have become very good. I have a concealed carry licence which is very hard to get in California with the liberal laws of the day but after hard work I do get it and I do carry it everywhere in a hidden holster in my jacket. I;m ready at any moment to become a real hero like James Bond and save some citizens from a bank robbery or terrorist threat.

What draws me to the PPK is what draws me to a woman. The curves. The preciseness and the details that draw you in and keep you there, nourishing your thoughts of pleasure, vengeance... guns are just great.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

What draws me to the PPK is what draws me to a woman. The curves. The preciseness and the details that draw you in and keep you there, nourishing your thoughts of pleasure, vengeance... guns are just great.

You know DeJunkanooo, holding a gun is very much like making love to a beautiful woman....first you slide your magazine in, next you finger her trigger and then she goes all hot and makes a loud noise. Muppet.

swiss-toni.jpg

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2020 Posts: 1,257
    Very nice, DeJunkanooo!

I don't have a PPK (yet) but here's my Walther PP

Pzty3Wr.jpg
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,892
    Very cool, @Seven_Point_Six_Five!

@Murdock A painted <a href="http://images.orgill.com/200x200/4935532.jpg">fender washer </a> would look great on the end of that receipt roll.
  • DeJunkanoooDeJunkanooo Banned
    edited November 2013 Posts: 25
    Great PP, @Seven_Point_Six_Five ! Hope you keep it locked away in a safe, for safety's sake. Don't want little hands prying (if you have little ones like I do- one's 7, the other's 29- what can I say, some kids are late starters)!

"Walkter PPK. 7.62 mm. Licence to kill- or BE killed! Take him away!"
    -For Your Eyes Only
    edited November 2013 Posts: 40,454
    If I ever do decide to get a gun, I think the PPK is what I'll go for. Sleek, smaller, I've always thought it was a great gun.
    Does anyone know where I could get a replica of a Beretta 418? I ask because I've just been reading Diamonds Are Forever and the description of Bond's gun has made me want to get one. Any ideas or comments on Bond's Beretta?
    "Welcome to the new MI6 Community website! Everything Bond fandom and arms dealing!"