007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Can anyone confirm if there's any Big Bond theme moments?
  • IGN video review.

• oo7oo7
    IGN video review.

urgh this dumb fighting Mike Tyson style is terrible
  • I actually liked the concept...but after seeing the videos and reading the reviews... I decided not to buy it. Maybe when the price drops. But come on, it doesn't look like much work and/or money went into it...why should I spend my money on it then?
  • I'm so glad the game starts with the gunbarrel every time you boot it. So classic. Surprised they didn't do that with the GE remake, given the source material.

Counter review:

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    oo7 wrote:
    IGN video review.

Even after the two bad reviews that I've seen I still want to play this game. I guess that just shows how much of a Bond fan I am.
  • you just took the worse out of my mouth. Thats just what i was going to say lol. I am still getting it also, as i know i will enjoy it doing achievements. But i have canceled my preorder for now. Going to wait a week or so.
    Still be getting the game. As it was freeeeeeeee :D
    Just need a x box to play it on !!
  • he just took the pi** out of this. No going points. yeah right.
  • RC7RC7
    oo7 wrote:
    IGN video review.

Even after the two bad reviews that I've seen I still want to play this game. I guess that just shows how much of a Bond fan I am.

Or what a mug you are.

545334_444444868926448_527078269_n.jpg
    James Bond: "I don't always fall in love. But when I do, the woman of my life gets killed"
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ZHalfter wrote:
    545334_444444868926448_527078269_n.jpg
    James Bond: "I don't always fall in love. But when I do, the woman of my life gets killed"

Very nice. Looks just like Diana Rigg. :)
    I know...i cant wait to play this game....its at my other house and i have to drive to get it on friday :((
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sadly I can't play it as I don't have a PS3/X-Box/Wii-U and Games on the PC are not to my liking. We'll see come Christmas Time.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    Yea well one of the only things i dont like about this game is...
    theofficialjamesbond007.png
    WHITE JINX!!!!!!! and yes i know everybody knows this already...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice model though! :-bd

Yes it is pretty nice... :^o
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ZHalfter wrote:

I mean the woman they used is beautiful...
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    edited October 2012 Posts: 37
    ZHalfter wrote:

I mean the woman they used is beautiful...

In fact what can I say from watching youtube videos, she's actually better than Halle Berry. Or at least she's not worse.

• Just finished the game ( in 2 days :( ) That's problem number 1, the game's too short. There's a couple of other problems with it, most of which have been discussed. But overal I'm rather pleased, nice game, and playing through classic levels gives gives it great replay value....
    The cut to the credits is indeed clumsy, as I was kinda left wondering if Bond had died from exposure to the virus and the exploding space station!

In the Die Another Day level I couldn't help but laugh at how right they got Jinx's irritating banter 'Drive straight in? Is he crazy' 'Aren't we supposed to be avoiding the explosions' haha :)
    I would love to see an easter egg where you can eject Jinx during the chase with Zao. That alone is worth $60. It's like buying Lego Indiana Jones (great game, worth it anyway) just to kill Short Round over and over, watching with joy as he crumbles into pieces over and over and over. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
  • I would love to see an easter egg where you can eject Jinx during the chase with Zao. That alone is worth $60. It's like buying Lego Indiana Jones (great game, worth it anyway) just to kill Short Round over and over, watching with joy as he crumbles into pieces over and over and over. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

This made my day!

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Had the chance to briefly play this game after a rental. What a joke. Easily one of the worst James Bond games ever produced, the only saving grace is split-screen. 007 Legends is a cruel joke and a complete disservice (not to mention insult) to the films.
  • Just finished the game ( in 2 days :( ) That's problem number 1, the game's too short. There's a couple of other problems with it, most of which have been discussed. But overal I'm rather pleased, nice game, and playing through classic levels gives gives it great replay value....
    The cut to the credits is indeed clumsy, as I was kinda left wondering if Bond had died from exposure to the virus and the exploding space station!

In the Die Another Day level I couldn't help but laugh at how right they got Jinx's irritating banter 'Drive straight in? Is he crazy' 'Aren't we supposed to be avoiding the explosions' haha :)

How were the driving missions? Is there an MI6 ops mode? That added a ton of replay to Reloaded.
  • @BritishChap007, the driving level in Licence to Kill is short, and not very sweet as there is basically nothing else you but drive a jeep while you get shot at from every side.
    I loved the DAD one: it's use of gadgets was great! I'll put it in spoiler tags for those of you that want to find out for yourself!
    You get gadgets one by one, first you get better traction, so the car doesn't slip. Then you get a detection system so you know where Zao's missiles are going to hit, then when Zao is in front of you, you get rockets. But it's not just fire away, no, it has to lock onto his car for a while first, then you can fire!
    I thought that was an awesome way to incorporate it!

It has MI6-ops, although I think it's just called 'training' or something in the menu. I played if for (literally) a couple of seconds, but it looked good, about the same as Goldeneye: Reloaded.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Is it only 10 levels, two per film or do some have three?
    It's like buying Lego Indiana Jones (great game, worth it anyway) just to kill Short Round over and over, watching with joy as he crumbles into pieces over and over and over. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Just like the endless fun I had with Lego Star Wars and killing Jar-Jar Binks!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Review from Game Informer: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/007_legends/b/xbox360/archive/2012/10/16/007-legends-review.aspx

They also had this article on "How Can We Fix James Bond?":
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/17/how-can-we-fix-james-bond.aspx

I will still get the game even though it has bad reviews. Just add it to my collection.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 127
    My thoughts about Legends from a multi player perspective. I Pre-Ordered and picked it up on release and jumped right into multiplayer. First thing I noticed is the slow pace of the game. Feels like you are literally walking around. Next thing I noticed was all the lag and twitchy movements from Reloaded were BACK. It seriously seems like they could give a rats ass about all those issues that were present with the reloaded servers and hoped with lower head counts for lobbies that it would be better, nope. Combine that lag with the slow pace of the game and it makes the game even slower. The maps absolutely blow. Some are way to big while others seemed rushed and not well planned. The only 2 maps I think worth mentioning as decent are BioDome and Ice Hotel. I think the maps on Goldeneye trample all over the ones on Legends. There are only 8 maps so odds are we will probably get a couple more with the Skyfall DLC, HOPEFULLY. Other than that the low level guns absolutely blow, gadgets are more COD than ever before, Grenade Launcher has 6 rounds, when aimed down sights while sniping it now moves similar to aiming on Battlefield, Sometimes it is hard to tell who is or isnt on your team until they are right next to you, Spawns are laughable some times, and graphics are not that impressive. Graphics can be over looked given solid game play but not in this case. But hey, at least there is host migration. If not for me being a huge fan and follower of Bond games since I was a youngster I would trade this sucker in before even trying the campaign. Huge flop imo and at best a 6 out of 10.
    Meh. I was excited to see this on a shelf in the gamestore right next to where I work. So I hurried to home and did not find my copy of 007 Legends. I was so excited to play this myself. Even if I've watched the gameplay videos for all the legendary movies on youtube. Should be getting this tomorrow. *sigh* Well. Back to playing old games...