007 Legends Announced

Comments

• It was someone from IGN AU.
  • I think that review is a bit exaggerated. Yes it is a COD clone etc. but the cutscenes look like good recreations/re-imaginings of the original films and the music sounds great, the little details seem great, but Activision has made Eurocom push the shooter aspect because they know it'll sell.

To a casual fan, the nuances of the cutscenes and the music won't matter, but to Bond fans they will.

The sudden cut to the credits is very poor though. They could have had a JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN SKYFALL - Download in November!

Which, by the way, is out on Nov 9th on PS3 and Nov 20th on Xbox.

Uh oh. Not sure what to do after that review.

I, also, am inclined to believe it has been overly harsh. On one hand the reviewer calls GE:RE the best Bond game since GE64 (agreed). On the other hand, he blasts this game for its modern mechanics and updating of the stories.

Meanwhile, I see videos featuring classic scores and situations, with gameplay that seems improved over GE:RE and very faithful recreations of the spirit of the films.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    I have decided i am still buying it. Ive still got my preorder. The main reason is because i know i will sitll enjoy it. I think he was harsh saying core fans will hate it. because they gave bloodstone a 5.0 and i loved the campaign. and gamespot gave that a 7.5, so there not always right. I like what i have seen, and to me, it looks improved from Goldeney relaoded. Enemies dont disapear when you shoot them, theres an upgrade system, multiplayer looks a bit better. So yes, im getting it. And i also feel i need to 1000 a bond game.
  • oo7oo7
    <object id="vid_87269ce6ecdcf51902f67b1388d186b0" class="ign-videoplayer" width="468" height="293" data="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf"; /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/16/007-legends-video-review"/></object>;
    I think this game would just frustrate me. I agree with IGN, when they said that every choice was almost designed to annoy Bond fans.

It's a pass for me.

Let's hope this is Activision's last.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 10,512
    media-internal?id=0_Gold_Gallery_3#.UFh6oGt5mSO
    bad review, my god wasnt expecting that. Dont know what to do now. ???

Really? Everything that's noted in the IGN review is exactly what people have been saying on here since we first heard of the game. Everything and I mean everything pointed to this being a steaming pile of faeces. It wasn't people getting unnecessarily angry it was just so patently obvious that all the decisions that were being made only went in one direction - culminating in something (as is noted in the IGN) that was not properly thought through and made for neither Bond fans nor gamers. It was obvious it would fall between two stools from the get go.

It's so disappointing. The licence needs to go to a small time developer who has no choice but to be inventive. I WANT to buy Bond games, give me something good!

EDIT: As fans I feel it's our duty to boycott this game. We shouldn't have to settle for dross.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have a new respect for IGN. Whoever that reviewer was, he has his stuff together. We need more truthful reviews these days, and the guy was absolutely right in every point. And what is with Bond doing all these low blow shots?!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,380
    that review was terible. No way can it be a 5. I am waiting for an ign or gamespot review from a proper reviewer.

Yeah, your beloved IGN gave it a 4.5/10!

Some of the main stream reviewers have failed to note that DC does NOT provide his voice for this game. AC have been very careful to keep that ambiguous.

This game will sink like a blood stone.

• 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    edited October 2012 Posts: 44
    Ignoring the reviews and such
    I've been watching some gameplay for the Goldfinger level
    and...WHAT THE F**K IS UP WITH BOND'S VOICE?!?!?!?

Can't be DC...just sounds like him with a bad flu or something...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Watch the language @00Zenon. But I agree. It sounds like someone doing a bad Daniel Craig impersonation, and the tonal quality isn't consistent. Why is Dan listed in the opening credits, and others who don't lend their voices in the game??
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Fingers crossed this means no more Activision games. They have COD, why give them more? They're only hurting themselves anyway, because most people will just wait until Black Ops 2 and skip 007 Legends.
    Ignoring the reviews and such
    I've been watching some gameplay for the Goldfinger level
    and...WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH BOND'S VOICE?!?!?!?

Can't be DC...just sounds like him with a bad flu or something...
    Watch the language @00Zenon. But I agree. It sounds like someone doing a bad Daniel Craig impersonation, and the tonal quality isn't consistent. Why is Dan listed in the opening credits, and others who don't lend their voices in the game??

Sorry my bad
    fixed now
    :)

Still, really disappointed in what I've seen so far with the game, probably worth just skipping it and going straight to HALO4

Will need something to occupy my mind from the horrendous Australian release date for Skyfall...
    :(
  • JamesPage wrote:
    that review was terible. No way can it be a 5. I am waiting for an ign or gamespot review from a proper reviewer.

Some of the main stream reviewers have failed to note that DC does NOT provide his voice for this game. AC have been very careful to keep that ambiguous.

Still getting it. I know i will enjoy it. due to me been a fan, i know i will enjoy it just because its a bond game. Bloodd Stone got a 5, and i sitll liked it.
    Watching more gameplay footage...
    The structure looks atrocious...why is Moonraker the last level (pre Skyfall)?!?!?!?!
    Why is it not DC's voice?
    Why do the transitions between films look so bad?
    And most importantly...why am I staying up watching these videos at 3am?!?!?!?!?!

I bid you good day sir!

(also I won't be buying this until it's cheap)
    They really need to make another Third person like Bloodstone...FPS has too much competitions these days
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That IGN review was what I was expecting, except for this:

Last year Eurocom delivered GoldenEye: Reloaded, an HD remake which was arguably the best James Bond game since well, the original GoldenEye 64.

Has nobody at IGN played Nightfire & Everything Or Nothing? And if SF is dounloadable, and I am not hooked up the the PSN, can I assume that my game will just end after MR. With AC3 out next week, 007 Legends is going to have to sharply fall in price before I pick a copy up, and I consider myself a completist!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Man, this game looks bad. What a shame. I thought it would at least be on par with GoldenEye: Reloaded. With Activision having the rights until 2014, I'd expect at least one more Bond game.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I will only watch the first misson on YT Later and see if it is enjoyable.

Au Contráire, i'll not even think of downloading this game.

They've ruined enough with GE2010, blowing up every important spot of the movie and made a ruined game. Why they need to re-do GE? Why didn't they just allow that X360 James Bond game that would have been a sucess if wasn't for this Craptivision?

goldeneyexblaisitrealorisitmemorex.jpg
    screenshot_193248.jpg
  • JamesPage wrote:

Mr. Page, I recall a promise from you earlier this year that Bond fans would not e disappointed by their (2) Bond games this year.
    11714138-mmmain.jpg
    THIS PICTURE IS GREAT!!!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198

makes me happy this video
  • Those GE pictures make me sad.
    Mr. Page, I recall a promise from you earlier this year that Bond fans would not e disappointed by their (2) Bond games this year.

Plans got changed. Ugh.
  • It's funny that he says "if you like Bond, it's 8/10, if you like fps, it's rubbish." Fair enough on the latter, but who is going to buy this who doesn't like Bond?
    JamesPage wrote:

Plans got changed. Ugh.

what were the original plans if i can ask?

• oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Risico007 wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:

Plans got changed. Ugh.

what were the original plans if i can ask?

I would like to hear what indeed was planned. is there a SECOND BOND GAME BEING DEVELOPED WHICH HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED?
    This is not the time nor place to be going over other games.

Anyway, I heard an interesting tidbit which may or may not be true... The voice actor who did lines for Bond also did lines for Goldfinger. WTF?!
    Now THAT'S weird! I'm still going to pick up my copy today since I already spent the money on it. I'm just hoping it's enough like Reloaded to make the time go by for me before SF hits the US here
    I think the expression is, 'quantum of solace' ;)