Your plans for the global James Bond day?

Comments

After a hard week, I just hope to come home at night and watch YOLT and OHMSS (the next ones in redux-Bondathon towards Skyfall), with a good bourbon!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm taking the girlfriend to a screening of Taken 2. :P

After that, I think I'll spend the evening contemplating SF while listening to the Adele song a gazillion times more than I already have.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 185
    1) Watch the special featurea on the CR and QoS Blurays that i haven't seen including the CR commentary which i am looking forward to.

2) Dr. No on Bluray

3) Reading my newly arrived Bond on Bond, Battle For Bond and License to Thrill books.

I'm not sure where to post this so ill say it here that if you live in Australia you can buy tickets to the movie form today which i was very surprised by as cinemas in my area never think more than a week ahead.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    AussieBond wrote:
    1) Watch the special featurea on the CR and QoS Blurays that i haven't seen including the CR commentary which i am looking forward to.

2) Dr. No on Bluray

3) Reading my newly arrived Bond on Bond, Battle For Bond and License to Thrill books.

I'm not sure where to post this so ill say it here that if you live in Australia you can buy tickets to the movie form today which i was very surprised by as cinemas in my area never think more than a week ahead.

All in one day? ;-)
  • Well i won't get through them all but we shall see how far i get.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Is anything actually happening for Bond day at all in this country?

Put ‘global Bond day’ into google and all you get apart from the official site is links to the Indian Times and some mall in the Philippines. Where is our media coverage?

There was just a 2 minute compilation of footage on the beeb but sitting here in the middle of London there really doesn’t seem a lot to get excited about.

I’d really like to head up to Leicester Sq to watch EON after I finish work but I’m prevented on moral grounds so I guess it will just have to be a bit of Bluray action later.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    James Bond day should be a freakin' public holiday on the calendar!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    SJK91 wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:
    I'll be going to a local Bond party >>> http://www.facebook.com/events/261271147308648/

And I'll be wearing my Omega >>>

8055670947_000b549111_c.jpg
    How pretty that is....

Thanks! :-)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Happy and Bondian Bond Day to everybody!!!
  • RC7RC7
    There was just a 2 minute compilation of footage on the beeb but sitting here in the middle of London there really doesn’t seem a lot to get excited about.

I’d really like to head up to Leicester Sq to watch EON after I finish work but I’m prevented on moral grounds so I guess it will just have to be a bit of Bluray action later.

Ditto. When it was first announced I'd planned to take today off work. As the weeks went by it became very apparent that it would be a very stupid idea and probably accentuate the fact absolutely 'nothing' is happening. One of the reasons I moved to this bloody city was because it's supposed to be a cultural epicentre. You can't just name a day 'Bond Day' and then release a single song that you were obliged to release anyway.

I also looked at seeing EON at Covent Garden Odeon. For £12.50 they can shove it. I've spent £230 on tickets for Skyfall, I'm not forking out for something available free halfway around the world.

I'd like to say I'll go home and watch a film but I do that all the time anyway, it's not going to make it any more special because EON deemed it prudent to christen today Bond Day.

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    Bond was on the news last night, and in some newspapers today, one of them has 2 full pages, including an interview with Roger Moore, articles about Skyfall, Craig, the anniversary and merchandising. grabbed 2, just looked at it, i'm going to read it on my way to On Her Majesty's Secret Service ;)
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    I'm taking the girlfriend to a screening of Taken 2. :P

After that, I think I'll spend the evening contemplating SF while listening to the Adele song a gazillion times more than I already have.

Saw Taken 2 last night. Great film....plus Skyfall trailer on the front!

• Working all day but am wearing Bond Omega watch, socks and errrr pants! Bond music playing most of the day and will celebrate tonight with a Vesper cocktail.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    If there's a more timely discussion someone can bump it.
    Thursday I'll wear a Quantum pin (but I do that every working day). A busy week, finishing a conference we hosted. After the close of the event I will enjoy some adult beverages with counterparts I've worked with dating back to the 1980s.
    Will probably watch SKYFALL Friday, reversing order from SPECTRE.
    untitled-1-125x125.jpg
    Probably not a lot apart from waiting for some special announcement re BOND25,which aint gonna happen.
    Watching the England game ...
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Going to a screening of Dr No. Two Bonds on the big screen in the space of a single week? Bring it!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Going to a screening of Dr No. Two Bonds on the big screen in the space of a single week? Bring it!

Couldn't possibly be more jealous.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, one day you'll make it to London and get to do all the cool Bond stuff. Start making plans for the 60th!
    Well, I always share my birthday with Bond's. So :-D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, one day you'll make it to London and get to do all the cool Bond stuff. Start making plans for the 60th!

@Agent_99, that'd be the dream, and to meet up with you and other folks while there. We'll see. ;)
    Well, I always share my birthday with Bond's. So :-D

Does the birthday count if it's just the anniversary of a movie's release, and not Bond's own birth date? ;)

Couldn't possibly be more jealous.

I have a big screen at home :)
    Does the birthday count if it's just the anniversary of a movie's release, and not Bond's own birth date? ;)

I recently found out that mine is the anniversary of TLD's release...in France. Sure, I'll settle for that!

And happy birthday, @Gustav_Graves!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I just killed a Japanese cipher clerk. Now off to find a Norwegian double agent.
    image.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Global James Bond day? Orbis Non Sufficit!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Came back on the forums specially in this day to spend some time with you guys. I've been missing this place.
    X3MSonicX wrote: »
    Came back on the forums specially in this day to spend some time with you guys. I've been missing this place.

Welcome back !

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Came back on the forums specially in this day to spend some time with you guys.
    Same here! Good to 'see' you, mate!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    QBranch wrote: »
    Came back on the forums specially in this day to spend some time with you guys.
    Same here! Good to 'see' you, mate!

I wrote on your wall, but it's also great to see you, @QBranch.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    After work I'll watch one of the classic Bonds.
    Dr No, seems to for the bill.