Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    So who's the first one to reedit one of the TV Spots using the snippet? :D
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Well, seems like the snippet has gone ;-) I think it was meant as a preview for a download store. 1:30 is the usual length there.

But now we know that Friedman guy listened to the right tune, assuming to the lyrics.

Woa, what a tune! This is a pure classic. And I feel this is only the first refrain we hear. Good to have the Bond theme in its place again!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 183
    So who's the first one to reedit one of the TV Spots using the snippet? :D

...or use existing title sequences to go with the snippet...
    I got it. Downloaded and well. It's doing VERY well on my new Sony Home Cinema HiFi Set :-D! *PS: My neighbours here in Barcelona are not happy with me now hehe*
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,441
    You can sitl hearing there take QOS score as source. It sound jazzy as expect from Adele and the not yused song from Duffy.

It like she sings about Dench M or the bigger story get out, wait long enough now it is time to go/tell the story.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Eiragorn wrote:
    Well, seems like the snippet has gone ;-) I think it was meant as a preview for a download store. 1:30 is the usual length there.

But now we know that Friedman guy listened to the right tune, assuming to the lyrics.

Woa, what a tune! This is a pure classic. And I feel this is only the first refrain we hear. Good to have the Bond theme in its place again!

Still available to me. But I downloaded it as well so I'm safe :D
    Tune is really good, You so can hear 50 years of bond on that track. Good effort!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    Tried it again, let's see how long it stays.

• I hope the song ends with a long drawn out SKYFALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! :p
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Seriously, this theme sounds epic when played on a system with the right bass and speakers.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    I predict the song will end with a gigantic Bondian climax a la Goldfinger!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    OwenDavian wrote:
    I hope the song ends with a long drawn out SKYFALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! :p

It better! The song gets better as it goes along and cuts off at just the wrong time. For it not to end with a drawn out note would be something of a disappointment.

Now, let's go for number one in the UK - for the first time!
    Not too fussed on it if I'm honest, but I'll wait till I get the full thing before I pass judgement on it
    doubleoego wrote:
    Seriously, this theme sounds epic when played on a system with the right bass and speakers.

I'm very glad with my Sony in-ears, roughly played it around 20-30 times now. Can't get enough of it...

• edited October 2012 Posts: 2,107
    A-W-E-S-O-M-O!

It has all the makings of a classic Bond track that will be remembered for decades to come and one that will get radioplay. I have it on a repeat now :p
  • It does sound like a combo of All Time High, Nobody Does it Better, and DAF.
    doubleoego wrote:

Especially on my new Sony Home Cinema System:

sony-bdv-e280-1.jpg

My neighbours think I am weird LOL :P.

It does ride that thin line between classic and parody, but how nice to have a lush sound back - and Adele's voice is goosebump-inducing as always.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    the song is simply beautiful, I didn't expect that it will sound so wonderful.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Now, it's been proven EON can get it right, the bar should remain this high for the future. No more second-class efforts.
    And this is only the beginning!

"The lyrics after the piano solo are: This is the end, Hold your breath and count to ten, Feel the Earth move and then, Hear my heart burst, again.”
  • I don't know whether anyone's noticed, but I'm beginning to suspect @Gustav_Graves may have bought a new home cinema system..... ;-)
    OwenDavian wrote:
    It does sound like a combo of All Time High, Nobody Does it Better, and DAF.

Not sure about DAD, but you are right with the others, You can definitely hear 50 years of Bond in that track

I'm with Brady on this one: must hold out until November 9th! Why oh why must we wait a whole month until we get SF over here in the States!? It will be pretty much impossible to visit this site after next week, let alone turn on radio.
    And yes there will be a long out Skyyyyffffaaaallllll at the end!
    DAF not DAD.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I don't know whether anyone's noticed, but I'm beginning to suspect @Gustav_Graves may have bought a new home cinema system..... ;-)

=)) haha yep! Fair play @Gustav_Graves , I tend to get excited over technology aswell :D
    lol DAF sorry, How DAFt of me ;) - that's the excitement kicking in!