Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• Abolutely. I have listened to the sample a few times now. It sounds great and is very catchy. The 1min29secs I have just listned to is far more Bondian than any song in a long time....Roll on Friday to hear the entire song and thanks to battleshipgreygt for finding the sample....
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    If it is around 4 minutres long, surley it must build up more epic. ?

I do love it though its different and classy.

We'll all find out the answer to that on Friday Gareth ;-)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    imranbecks wrote:
    Enjoy!

Disappotined... For now.

What? You kidding me? That already sounds like a great Bond song since Tina Turner's Goldeneye...
    How can you be disapointed with that. You must not know a classic theme if it burt in your ears lol.

(sarcasm) Yeah @NorwegianBond, how dare your tastes by different to mine! You must not know what classic Bond music is because you dislike the preview of a song! (sarcasm).
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    Well, heard the sample and indeed it is Bond with the capital B! It sounds very much like a Diamonds or TWINE type of song.
  • Sounds like the first proper Bond theme since TWINE or even GE.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 132
    It will grow on me, that's for sure. But after the first listen, I was a bit disappointed yeah. When the full song will be released, I might have a different opinion ;)
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I love it. I, like Jaws, always try to not-listen, but I gave in. It definately has that feel. Only ting that dissapoints me a bit is the mono-tone, but like others have pointed out, it could - and should - be just the first chorus. Friday, where art thou!
  • OwenDavian wrote:
    Sounds like the first proper Bond theme since TWINE or even GE.

What's wrong with YKMN?
  • Wondering if when the song is premiered will it be just the song or the music video aswell. There is always a music video...and can't wait to hear this alongside Daniel Kleinman's credit sequence!
  • Matt wrote:
    We'll all find out the answer to that on Friday Gareth ;-)

We sure will. ;) cannot wait. Even if it doesnt open up more, i will still be happy. Its better to play it safe and have sometihng classic like golfinger. etc.
  • tqbtqb
    definitely DAFish
    i like the bond sue
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MUST RESIST THE URGE TO LISTEN TO SONG. MUST WAIT FOR NOVEMBER... %-(
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    OwenDavian wrote:
    Sounds like the first proper Bond theme since TWINE or even GE.

Actually, it has a TWINE feel to it, much more than GF or DAF. Don't know if that is good, though.
  • Didn't someone mention a while back that someone heard this song in a HMV shop and said it sounded like TLD.? For me for the moment it doesn't sound anything like TLD... which is a good thing....
  • RC7RC7
    Anyone else get shivers when the Bond theme crept in?
  • MUST RESIST THE URGE TO LISTEN TO SONG. MUST WAIT FOR NOVEMBER... %-(

oh go on...you know you want to....

I'm waiting until the full song is released. It's not like it's going to ruin the story or anything, it's just the song, so I'm not waiting for the film.
  • What I like too is the fact that Adele fell in love with the script. Maybe not so much Bond fans, but I think a lot of moviegoers and critics will be caught off guard by the quality of the film. I don't know about where you all live, but up here in Canada it's flying under the radar. Hopefully this song will bring the film more attention.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Remember your reaction to the first preview of Another Way To Die? Not the one from the Coke ad, the proper preview with lyrics and everything.
    When I first heard it I was like "what the f*** is that??".

My reaction to this is the exact opposite of that! I'm very very excited and glad that we finally have a real Bond song again!
  • but I think a lot of moviegoers and critics will be caught off guard by the quality of the film.

With comments like "best Bond ever" flying around I think more people will be feeling let down, no matter how good it is.
  • RC7 wrote:

Yes...I thought that was great...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Oh, that was fantastic so far. Very eery and cues of the Bond theme. Yes!

tumblr_m9wk6rhcet1rv0f2j.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MUST RESIST THE URGE TO LISTEN TO SONG. MUST WAIT FOR NOVEMBER... %-(

NEVER! But seriously, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to wait until I see the film to listen to it. It just makes it more special. And yes, I copied and pasted.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Yes! How wonderful. No doubt the best is yet to come. Now we just need to get through this week.
  • Haa. You do well to resist it.

NEVER! But seriously, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to wait until I see the film to listen to it. It just makes it more special. And yes, I copied and pasted.

Good luck. Trying to avoid the song being played on the radio...on tv...in shops....etc...etc....
  • I'm floored. I knew she had it her. This is going to be huge. Can't wait to see it at the top of the charts.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I liked the last 2 personally but we needed a big ballad for the 50th and from this preview it sounds very promising, seriously the best since TWINE someone said? That sleep inducing dirge!

I think this could be the best since TLD for me. I don't remember any of Brosnan apart from G.E sounding Bondian this certainly does, will look forward to hearing it full.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    RC7 wrote:

Yes...I thought that was great...

Same here! So amazing!

And I'm sure the song gets even better later!

I have a feeling the full song will leak before Friday.