Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Skyfall is looking good so far. The only small gripe I have is Craig's hair being near-on a skinhead, but other than that I am quietly optimistic that this could be one great movie.

Not to mention that stubbly grey beard it looks like he wears for half the film.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,215
    Enjoy!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 421
    Wow! Just heard a minute and a half preview. Really, really, really good.

Comparable to anything? Should we heighten our expectations?

EDIT: Very "DAF"-y and Bassey-esque... love it!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2012 Posts: 972
    That sounds really nice and classic! Very Bond indeed! I can't wait to hear it in its entirety!!!
  • They weren't kidding when they said Bond with a capital "B"
    I've had a gut feeling that it would be Adele for quite a while. Personally, i've been waiting years for her to do it - i think she's the perfect choice for a Big Bassey style Bond theme, so hoping it will be along those lines..
  • Enjoy!

Disappotined... For now.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    How Bondian is that! I hope there is an interesting bridge later on, because it is a bit flat on melody.
  • I'm a little chapped that the preview ends right as it's gaining momentum.
    Indeed...
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Enjoy!

I personally think its sensational! Even if it is a small portion of the song!
  • do any of you think the song will open up much more, or is that the best it will get. i do like it however
  • Sounds like a Bond song!!!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I really want it to open up, can't even hum a melody after listening to it twice.
  • Keep in mind the full song is over 4 minutes.
  • It's not letting me listen to it.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    from that sample, nothing is making me that excited. I hope it opens up with something else. How dod someone get a sample anyway. is it officialy a sample.
  • I'd say its comparable to FYEO and DAF.
  • Enjoy!

Great. Sounds like a Bond song. I am guessing that it picks up and gets more epic later on. But for the moment I am very happy with the way that sounds. My wife will be happy. She loves Adele"s music!
  • I am also very happy, but i feel that is the middle of the song, and thats the open it will get. But it will proberbly be prooven wrong, hopefuly
  • You can tell the song is opening up as the sample is ending. With the 50th I kind of anticipated the heavy Bond theme influence.
  • It's good. A return to form.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great song, very Bondish indeed.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Enjoy!

Disappotined... For now.

What? You kidding me? That already sounds like a great Bond song since Tina Turner's Goldeneye...
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Thanks for the preview, @battleshipgreygt!

It sounds amazing! That's what I call a Bond song! Not Die Another Day and Another Way To Die! Take that, Jack White!

Now I really can't wait to hear the full song!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    How can you be disapointed with that. You must not know a classic theme if it burt in your ears lol.

It is around 4 minutees long though, so i hope it opens up more. Do you all think it will open up more. Im just not sure if it will .
  • Enjoy!

Thanks! It's good to hear it. I'm guessing that is the end of the first verse, the first chorus and the beginning of the second. It certainly starts to amp up from there. From initial listening it sounds like it has the beginnings of a classic bond theme. Roll on Friday.
  • I love it so far, as long as it opens up even more. Roll on thursday night,...... friday morning lol
  • Bloody hell... must... resist. I never listen to Bond theme tunes before seeing the film in cinemas, I'm not about to start now.
  • Bloody hell... must... resist. I never listen to Bond theme tunes before seeing the film in cinemas, I'm not about to start now.

It's the graphic sex scene the preview plays over the most surprised me.