Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    OK , We´re talking about the song but what about the video clip??

Assuming it is adele.tv, I want to think it will be released with the song...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The video may come on that day, if not it will be very shortly afterwards.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Obviously it'll be a hit because Adele is singing it. Even if it was crap it'd still be a hit if her name was attatched.
    What Chris Cornell

Many people think CR's theme is a classic.
  • Its also worth pointing out, if it hasn't been done already, that the song was arranged by J.A.C Redford, who is Thomas Newman's conductor, having worked with him on 'The Iron Lady', 'The Help', and 'Wall-E'.

I would assume this means that Newman has indeed been collaborating on the theme and it will appear in the score as well.
    Like the sound of this so far. Million times better than Jack Black's rubbish. Still think You Know My Name is best Bond theme since Goldeneye (KD Lang was end credit music so dont count!).
    Well it's already been taken off YouTube and SoundCloud (I can't access it anymore), but I got a few listens. Very impressed. I'd like to see the look on Jack White's face when he hears this one.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    SJK91 wrote:
    Well it's already been taken off YouTube and SoundCloud (I can't access it anymore), but I got a few listens. Very impressed. I'd like to see the look on Jack White's face when he hears this one.

Search on Tumblr. ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    orrr, i was just abouts to listen to it and show my mum and dad lol . haaa
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    Im sorry, I just double posted . first time in a week. My bad guys.

Here you go. http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/skyfall
  • SJK91 wrote:

From what I gather AWTD was "thrown together" in a couple of months due to Amy Winehouse dropping out towards the end, and therefore perhaps White didnt have enough prep time (for what it's worth I am indifferent to AWTD, it works fine in the film, not so much in isolation).

What is apparent is that Adele and Co. have has (probably more than) a year, and access to a complete script, to make this, and from the sound of it, they've pulled it off.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 58
    just heard it as well...she seduces you with her voice! it's a great ballad!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 39
    Wow. I like it a lot.

I'm curious as to how its theme will fit into Newman's score. I feel like YKMN had some distinct melodies; whereas the 90-second clip features the James Bond Theme heavily.
    Adele. I have just fallen in love with you...

thank you. Truly........ =D> [-O<
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    With three minutes of the song left, I'm sure there is a lot left for us to discover on Friday along with some memorable melodies.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Even though there's a heavy Bond theme there I can still hear distinct melodies in the track....maybe it'll come more from the melodic way in Which Adele is actually singing the lyrics.
    Great Tune! Love it! Nov 9th can't come soon enough!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    [-O< So good, and it promises so much more the moment the preview ends, but for now [-O<
    has it been taken down already off the site as i,m struggling to find it for a repeat listen.
    Obviously need to hear the whole thing? But it sounds promising! Just need to play it a few times in full so it grows on me. Especially before the film comes out!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    I now have this sample as my ringtone for my phone!

I just might pop into HMV to "test" out their speakers.
  • http://rnbxclusive.se/ Download from here. scroll down and you will se it.
  • I hate snippets and I hate myself for listening to it ;-)

Honestly, I have to wait for the whole song. What I heard is solid... it's nice...it's classic but...but... isn't it a bit cheesy, generic Bond? And I don't want too much of the Bond theme in the title song... I want a uique title song! But that is premature criticism for now.

As I said, I wait for the whole song. In any case, they are definatelty on the save side with it...
  • Mark of a great song is if it's going to be a pub singers fav and skyfall has that x factor.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    doubleoego wrote:
    I now have this sample as my ringtone for my phone!

I just might pop into HMV to "test" out their speakers.

I'll do the same thing right away ;)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Sandy wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    Seriously how many Bond lyrics don't sound cheesy? Despite how great the early ones are, they aren't exactly Bob Dylan.

When you are writing title track to a Bond film meaningful serious lyrics aren't actually on to top of your list. I don't think it matters I wouldn't expect to hear thoughtful hugely insightful lyrics in a Bond song.

I agree. Most Bond themes lyrics (if not all) don't make any sense. So I'm not expecting this one to make much sense either. Soon we'll know if what is said in this showbiz411 website is right or wrong.

Agreed- Just look at the DAF and TMWTG lyrics or TB... Great songs, but rather, *cough* special lyrics... And finally we will shortly know what we will be getting... Now, just the song and the movie have to be awesome... B-) ;)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,261
    Now the one thing we do not know is, whether the theme song will feature as an instrumental in Thomas Newman's score or not...
  • I hope not!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,043
    SJK91 wrote:

From what I gather AWTD was "thrown together" in a couple of months due to Amy Winehouse dropping out towards the end, and therefore perhaps White didnt have enough prep time (for what it's worth I am indifferent to AWTD, it works fine in the film, not so much in isolation).

What is apparent is that Adele and Co. have has (probably more than) a year, and access to a complete script, to make this, and from the sound of it, they've pulled it off.

Exactly if White had the time to compose that Adele had we would have seen something far more accomplished, that being said look at the garbage Madonna put out and I'm sure that took months to come up with.

White writes, plays instruments and produces his own work, he was most likely given the job at the last moment and did what he could, the best White has to offer would wipe the floor with Adele's hugely popular radio friendly output.

Keyes is the problem with that song not him, if only he's done it himself and spent more time with it, considering how quick it was thrown together it's nowhere as bad of some of you are making out, yeah of course it's better than the puddle on the floor that is that rubbish Crowe gave us with TND.

I wonder if some of you are even aware how talented he is, quite possibly the most multi talented musician of the 21st century.

That being said I'm most impressed with what Adele has displayed in this 1mins 29 secs.
    Its also worth pointing out, if it hasn't been done already, that the song was arranged by J.A.C Redford, who is Thomas Newman's conductor, having worked with him on 'The Iron Lady', 'The Help', and 'Wall-E'.

I would assume this means that Newman has indeed been collaborating on the theme and it will appear in the score as well.

Interesting point. Very reassuring.