Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 130
    It could be. I love it! And just listen to the last few seconds - sounds like proof to me. SNL would certainly be the best platform to promote the song.

Ah, I'm so excited!

EDIT: from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19699744
    BBC wrote:
    The album kicks off with Supremacy, a huge-riffed rock outing that wouldn't be out of place at the start of a Bond movie. Had Muse, perhaps, submitted the track for 007's latest adventure, Skyfall?

Howard laughs off the idea. "It's got a little whisper to the Bond vibe - it all goes a bit crazy Live and Let Die in the middle. My view is they should use it for the next James Bond film, but I don't know what's going on with that. I heard Adele was doing it!"
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Volante wrote:
    @Gareth00789 Please stop double-posting.
    The only thing that does not have me 100 % convinced is the title of the track Supremacy??

Ups, double post... sorry... got to excited.

You know you're doing it, you know you've been asked not to, but still you'd rather double-post than edit your previous post.

Please consider this a friendly reminder from the Mod team that this behaviour is frowned upon on the boards and frequent double-posts will result in a warning.

Back to Adele.

Have you even read my post. Under it i put sorry, double post, got excited. Open your eyes.

Cocky bugger.

No need to have a go at the mod team who have let you double post for ages. Relax.

I know, but i havent been double posting for days now. I have done well, but i totally realised i did a double post and put sorry. Exept I realised i double posted today. I EDITED THE SAME POST AND PUT SORRY.

Back to MUSE and Adele them song plz.
  • xolani wrote:
    It could be. I love it! And just listen to the last few seconds - sounds like proof to me. SNL would certainly be the best platform to promote the song.

Ah, I'm so excited!

BBC wrote:
    The album kicks off with Supremacy, a huge-riffed rock outing that wouldn't be out of place at the start of a Bond movie. Had Muse, perhaps, submitted the track for 007's latest adventure, Skyfall?

Howard laughs off the idea. "It's got a little whisper to the Bond vibe - it all goes a bit crazy Live and Let Die in the middle. My view is they should use it for the next James Bond film, but I don't know what's going on with that. I heard Adele was doing it!"

That last thing reads a bit like he's just read the articles based on the nonexistant source.
  • obin_gam wrote:
    xolani wrote:

Ah, I'm so excited!

BBC wrote:

That last thing reads a bit like he's just read the articles based on the nonexistant source.

Maby its not a bond song, but it just sounds very much like one. Im so consfused. And whats this about SNL. What does that mean?

What if Supremacy by MUSE is the opening song and Adele sings the closing song (or vice versa)?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    obin_gam wrote:
    xolani wrote:

Ah, I'm so excited!

BBC wrote:

Maby its not a bond song, but it just sounds very much like one. Im so consfused. And whats this about SNL. What does that mean?

SNL is Saturday Night Live. A very famous variety/scetch show in New York where on Oct 6th Daniel Craig will host and Muse will be the musical guests.
  • obin_gam wrote:
    obin_gam wrote:
    xolani wrote:

Ah, I'm so excited!

BBC wrote:

SNL is Saturday Night Live. A very famous variety/scetch show in New York where on Oct 6th Daniel Craig will host and Muse will be the musical guests.

Oh, i didnt know that, thanks. Theres a lot to back it up then.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    Well, it does sound Bond-ish - maybe it's for ending credits?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    I sent this to Tony,

@MusicEditorcouk I just listened to the Supermacy song from MUSE. It would make a perfect bond song. Is it the Skyfall theme. :)

His reply was... a wink.

29mTony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

@Bond_Fan007 ;)

Hmmm. Interesting.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Dan hosting SNL on my birthday. Ah, Mr. Craig, you didn't have to...

BUT I ACCEPT! <:-P
    It´s not just Bondish, it has the Bond theme all over it. If this isn´t a Bond song than Muse must be big fans.
    I love the fact that 30 days before the movie opens we still don't know who will sing the theme song!
  • Univex wrote:
    It´s not just Bondish, it has the Bond theme all over it. If this isn´t a Bond song than Muse must be big fans.
    They have done this before though I just remembered. The Doctor Who theme is all over their song Uprising from the last album.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Univex wrote:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=millenium%20robbie%20williams&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCMQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBJ5uIkJDb6o&ei=GLhhUK6PKI2Wswbm7oGYCQ&usg=AFQjCNGmEfpvjW-6Zd9pFlBKvcz9_84JCg

Same thing could be said about this one :)

IF Supremacy is the title song, then it puts another emphasys on the line "Agent. Provocateur."
    obin_gam wrote:
    Univex wrote:
    They have done this before though I just remembered. The Doctor Who theme is all over their song Uprising from the last album.

Exactly.
  • Sandy wrote:
    Univex wrote:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=millenium%20robbie%20williams&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCMQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBJ5uIkJDb6o&ei=GLhhUK6PKI2Wswbm7oGYCQ&usg=AFQjCNGmEfpvjW-6Zd9pFlBKvcz9_84JCg

Same thing could be said about this one :)

IF Supremacy is the title song, then it puts another emphasys on the line "Agent. Provocateur."
    obin_gam wrote:
    Univex wrote:

Exactly.

What do you make of this.

Tony Lewis‏@MusicEditorcouk

@Bond_Fan007 i'd definitely stick it on the long-list though. Very very few people have been correct so far.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
  • 1:29 the line mentions "spys"

Something like "Abanndoned spys, brainwashing our children to be men"

And the line "you don't have long, I am on to you" (or something) could refer to M's past.

The whole tone of reflection at the start would fit with Bond floating in the water unconscious.
    I am really, really, really sure the Muse song is not the title song - and even if it was, no way on earth would Eon or Sony allow it to leak like this. We all know who sings SKYFALL.
    ColonelSun wrote:
    I am really, really, really sure the Muse song is not the title song - and even if it was, no way on earth would Eon or Sony allow it to leak like this. We all know who sings SKYFALL.

I was very stunned it generated so much discussion myself! Not long now and all this can be put to bed.
  • ColonelSun wrote:
    But it's not leaked. Its a legit streaming from the band.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:

I was very stunned it generated so much discussion myself! Not long now and all this can be put to bed.

I think it must jsut be a song that happends to have a bond vibe. Its a shame if it wont become a bond song.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Not long now and all this can be put to bed.

Next week on friday probably?
    obin_gam wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:

Precisely, and no way would Eon and Sony allow THEIR title song to be revealed this way.

• ColonelSun wrote:
    obin_gam wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:

Precisely, and no way would Eon and Sony allow THEIR title song to be revealed this way.

You have a point. A more fitting way would be to have an actor of the movie and the artist of the song to be in the same venue of a giant tv-show.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Not long now and all this can be put to bed.

Next week on friday probably?

I think you could almost bet your life that that'll be the day. I can't wait. Hopefully a poster too.
  • So, Muse record the Bond theme and then releases it as a stand alone song on their album one month before Skyfall is released? Well...How will EON follow up on this? "Well, the song has already been released. Fooled you!" No, I do not think that this is the case.
    If @ColonelSun is adamant that it isn't Muse then that's good enough for me. As Total Film says, it might have been something they composed for the Bond film which was never used, or it's just Muse reminding EON that they can deliver the goods as well as the final choice.
    bondsum wrote:
    or it's just Muse reminding EON that they can deliver the goods as well as the final choice.

Or so they think...
  • If it's Muse I will be very, very happy. Fingers crossed it's them and not Adele.
    My opinion? No Muse please. We have had rock bands for the past two Bond films now. Time for a female voice....and a song that is more elegant, lush and/or romantic. A song with more 'soul' to it.

Meh. I prefer the rock themes. We've had tons of female singers doing big ballads.