James Bond Car Collection

Comments

thank you, you are too kind........no, but i might develop it now........by all means, let me know how you get on........yes, no doubt about it.......lol
    It's either the codes to a Russian Sub in the North Atlantic, or a recipe for dip!!! :)
    Pics of the ambulance have been posted on another forum, and...

Well, see for yourself:

dodge1_zpsaf54e74c.jpg

I want it ! I must have it ! I will have it !
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Not part of the collection, no? It looks damn good mind and I wish it was.
    Apparently, it is part of the collection. Received by a subscriber. Here's the page:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/28313/james-bond-car-collection-questions-and-praise/page/199/
    Wow, it is as well. Issue 127! Thanks for the link. I can't believe, I've lost track of what's coming up.
    Gerard wrote:
    Pics of the ambulance have been posted on another forum, and...

Well, see for yourself:

dodge1_zpsaf54e74c.jpg

I want it ! I must have it ! I will have it !

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you Gerard!!!!! After the disappointment of the flower truck! This has put a massive smile on my face! Thank you!!!! <:-P \:D/ :-bd
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Issues 126 and 127 arrived at my door this afternoon. Two of the best models yet. 13 to go, I hope!
    recieved today - good model and figuresn too.... BUT why o why do they put some of the smaller scale cars in the big boxes ............ it messes up my ocd of the cars on the shelves
    BTW, Largo, could you please tell me the exact measurement of the Dodge ? I need to know if I'm going to have to expose it outside, or if it can fit on the shelves of my display case. in centimeters, if possible. NB: I have a height of 9 cm available between two shelves. Thanks by advance.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Flower truck and laser ambulance arrived today. Both impressive models.

Gerard, I make the ambulance box to be at least 11cm high.

One of my laser men is loose and sliding around the case. Annoying.

Next up is a Morris minor.
    Cannot wait to receive 127 and add it to the collection! Also keen to see what the mystery 5 models are on the wikipedia list too? :-?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,815
    Definitely outside the display case, then. Along with the tank and Little Nellie. Pity, that. :(

And here's the DB 5 from Skyfall, on a road in Scotland. They simply reused the same model than in the first issue, I think.

$T2eC16N,!w0E9szN(mhOBQYIbdnoQQ~~60_12.JPG
    Update on the Dodge ambulance. I wasn't happy that the front of the truck was facing the Fort Knox door (i.e. the front facing to the left) so I opened it up, loosened the screw and turned the vehicle 180 degrees so the front is now facing to the right and I still have the text on the display base at the front.

So now the laser guys are actually aiming right at the top of the door! Just like they should.

One other issue, should the green paintwork not be more, well, green?

Otherwise I'm very happy with these two models. They are a vast improvement over the 'third taxi from the left' that we had been subjected to.

Now, roll on Bond and Kara in the cello case!
    Gerard wrote:
    Definitely outside the display case, then. Along with the tank and Little Nellie. Pity, that. :(

And here's the DB 5 from Skyfall, on a road in Scotland. They simply reused the same model than in the first issue, I think.

$T2eC16N,!w0E9szN(mhOBQYIbdnoQQ~~60_12.JPG

This is why i was in despair when i saw it on the list! A cheap and easy model to produce! It was just the scenery they had to create! :-q
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Received 126 and 127 today. Unfortunately despite the GF ambulance being in a larger than usual display case Fabbri (or whatever they call themselves now) have despatched 126/127 in the same flimsy box used for standard size models. Even before I opened it I could tell things looked wrong - and sure enough the model is badly damaged. It's detatched from the base and rattling around on it's side. What's more there's a dirty big crack in the case and the cardboard bottom is torn. I'll be phoning them tomorrow!
    As mentioned on the 'other' forum there is an ebay auction for a LALD police car.

Search for: louisiana state police
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    scaled.php?server=207&filename=belair.jpg&res=landing

Very cool!
    MartinBond wrote:

Very cool!
    That is sexy!
  • I was very impressed by the latest two models, the Chevy Apache and the Dodge Ambulance. They were worth much more than the £7,99 cover price. The Apache was a bit plasticky; only the cab was metal, the chassis and pick-up bed were all plastic. Unfortunately the flowers weren't in the back, but it was still a great model and an all-new casting.

The Dodge military ambulance was even more impressive, it was a great model and the figures and laser cannon were very well done. I don't think this was a new casting, as it had featured in a European partwork on military vehicles, but it was given a new roof with opening doors. Did anyone notice that this was the first of the models made by Ixo to have the Ixo brand printed on the base?
    MartinBond wrote:

Very cool!

Well this gives us a pretty good idea of what we may get in future weeks?
    I've just had an email reply from the JBCC and they confirm that the collection ends with issue 135.
    I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the news!

That would make sense as issues 136 - 140 we still haven't had revealed.
    Hmmmmm? I will be VERY surprised IF that is the case? Seeing as there was only meant to be 40 in the original set? i will wait to see what happens between now and March 2013?
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    135 issues would mean the collection will end in January next year.

If I get anything through the post I'll be sure to let everyone know, on here.
    Meanwhile, I have received the Chevrolet truck from FRWL. Nice model, even if we can regret the absence of figures of flowers. But I've read on another forums that flowers at this scale would be near impossible to do on resin.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    135 issues would mean the collection will end in January next year.

If I get anything through the post I'll be sure to let everyone know, on here.

What is your gut feeling on this samuel? Mine is that seeing as its a new company taken over this series as well as countless others im sure? I think they are gonna want to milk it for a while longer! And with the 136 - 140 on Wikipedia? It is kind of like a statement of intent don't you think?
    Well issues 136 - 140 have now been taken off. Issue 135 may well be the last one. This means only four more deliveries of two cars at a time, unlike the 'odd' number we would have had if there were 140.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Well issues 136 - 140 have now been taken off. Issue 135 may well be the last one. This means only four more deliveries of two cars at a time, unlike the 'odd' number we would have had if there were 140.

Ahh interesting? Not checked the list lately so was not aware of that? Maybe it is 135 then?
    received 127 yesterday! What a brilliant model! Long overdue a classic one which this is. Have to say i also like the look of the next model too! :-bd
    Is there a thread on here about the new motorised 'lights and sounds' cars? I'm looking for a list of all the different sizes and car makes done. I bought the 15cm QoS Aston Martin DBS today.