James Bond Car Collection

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    That's a real shame. Thanks for uploading the picture, I now know not to be disappointed when this issue arrives.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That's a real shame. Thanks for uploading the picture, I now know not to be disappointed when this issue arrives.

Completely agree samuel! I had high hopes for this model and the GoldFinger ambulance? Was hoping for a figure manning the laser? But i am guessing that this won't be the case now if they cannot even manage flowers! :-q
    I just want to tip my hat to you guys on here for sticking with this collection through the years. I bought two... Yes, pathetic I know, the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger and the Lotus Espirit from TSWLM.. My favorite two as it happens, but I'd give anything now to have them all... Well done guys. Really well done.
    OddJaws wrote:
    I just want to tip my hat to you guys on here for sticking with this collection through the years. I bought two... Yes, pathetic I know, the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger and the Lotus Espirit from TSWLM.. My favorite two as it happens, but I'd give anything now to have them all... Well done guys. Really well done.

Cheers Oddjaws. Lets just say it is now a labour of love to get the complete set! No matter how poor some past models have been. It does look pretty impressive seeing them on display! :-bd
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It is down in part now having collected so many and being, so we believe, so close to the end, it would seem silly to stop now. I still think money well spend, mind and am very pleased I signed onto this whenever it was.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It is down in part now having collected so many and being, so we believe, so close to the end, it would seem silly to stop now. I still think money well spend, mind and am very pleased I signed onto this whenever it was.

We started this madness back in 2007 samuel! ;) 5 years is a long time to complete a set although come march it will be 5.5 years! Where does the time go hey? :O
    Samuel001 wrote:

Samuel what's your favorite one.
    Mine are the db5s, the dragon tank and goldfingers rolls royce.
    I'm after the dr no hearse.

Can any of you guys post pics of the entire collection?? Would love to see that.
    We started this in 2007? Wow, that's an awful long time.

Sadly, I can't post a picture of them all as I've packed a lot away. There's simply no room for me to display them all.
    001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Samuel what's your favorite one.
    Mine are the db5s, the dragon tank and goldfingers rolls royce.
    I'm after the dr no hearse.

My favourite is issue 64*, the Bentley 4¼ Litre from From Russia With Love.

*Yes, I looked that up. There's no way I could have remembered the issue number!
    OddJaws wrote:
    Can any of you guys post pics of the entire collection?? Would love to see that.

Got mine on display, will see what i can do for you over the next day or two?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:

Wow, would really appreciate that mate, thanks. I bet it is something special..?
    OddJaws wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:

Wow, would really appreciate that mate, thanks. I bet it is something special..?

not a problem my friend, will figure what to do and post it. The light not great here so see how it goes? But it will be done! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:

not a problem my friend, will figure what to do and post it. The light not great here so see how it goes? But it will be done! :-bd

The wait is unbearable!! Do it!! Do it now!!! :)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 469
    059.jpg as requested Oddjaws
    Man alive!!! That is awesome mate. I want it all, and I want it now!!

Take a bow son.
    Nice one Largo! Having a spot of bother sorting a pic Oddjaws but it appears i have competition from Largo i see? ;)

Received 126 today, missed opportunity to have added nice little touches. Hope there is a figure manning the laser out the top of the Ambulance? They managed it for the Dr No Dragon Tank! Here's hoping! [-O<
    OddJaws wrote:

Take a bow son.
    Thank you - taking a toll on bank balance but once I had started I can not just stop now. We all know it will go on and on and on. The first thought I had on this was when they sent the motorcycle from SWLM and then I thought, Why had they not including other bikes. Bloody hope they do not continue though as I have little room left to display them. Good way to end to say thank you to all those people who stuck with it would be the Moonraker shuttle

largo2 wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:

Take a bow son.
    Thank you - taking a toll on bank balance but once I had started I can not just stop now. We all know it will go on and on and on. The first thought I had on this was when they sent the motorcycle from SWLM and then I thought, Why had they not including other bikes. Bloody hope they do not continue though as I have little room left to display them. Good way to end to say thank you to all those people who stuck with it would be the Moonraker shuttle

I am betting they will go up to 150 Largo! Just a gut feeling i got. X_X
    RogueAgent wrote:
    largo2 wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:

Take a bow son.

I am betting they will go up to 150 Largo! Just a gut feeling i got. X_X

There is that number 50 again. Would be good to stop there but you never know !

%-(
    40 was enough. 140 is just too many. Please don't let it continue any further!
    :-)) I agree they need to come to an end, however we all know that there are models out there that they may decide to do? And March 2013 is still a long long way away! :-t
    Samuel001 wrote:
    40 was enough. 140 is just too many. Please don't let it continue any further!
    But you forget about the classic scene when Bond sprays the traffic wardens in WINE or the BMW BIKE

Tankers from LTK and CR, Heller's APC would be cool from LTK, Ford Mondeo from CR and obviously whatever Skyfall has to offer too? I am sure others could offer more suggestions too?
    I'll buy em all off ya for 50bucks!!! :)
  • no no no. we want the series to continue........all us real bond fans look forward to each new issue........the last 6 have been brilliant........and the next six look brilliant also.....keep them coming.........if anyone want to stop, just stop, we dont all need to know...........we want more........bikes, planes helicopters, the lot.........this is the best partwork series ever
    no no no. we want the series to continue........all us real bond fans look forward to each new issue........the last 6 have been brilliant........and the next six look brilliant also.....keep them coming.........if anyone want to stop, just stop, we dont all need to know...........we want more........bikes, planes helicopters, the lot.........this is the best partwork series ever

you must have a huge place to display them !!
    no no no. we want the series to continue........all us real bond fans look forward to each new issue........the last 6 have been brilliant........and the next six look brilliant also.....keep them coming.........if anyone want to stop, just stop, we dont all need to know...........we want more........bikes, planes helicopters, the lot.........this is the best partwork series ever

And alot of spare cash!
  • no, i havent alot of cash..........but at 7.99 for a real specific bond car....well i reckon its a bargain......i have wasted alot of money in the past with constant corgi re-hashes and i know that alot of these models are from previously used moulds, but hey, where else can you get film specific models made this good for this price......and a mag too......yes, i do have a bit of space, now that i have cleared out alot of old models.........i know the series has gone on for a while, but i think us bond fans are really lucky to have these cars...........now that eaglemoss are in the chair, the quality has seemed to have improved and i for one cant wait for the dodge ambulance..........maybe a lazer cannon!!!.....has anyone got the ambulance yet?
    no, i havent alot of cash..........but at 7.99 for a real specific bond car....well i reckon its a bargain......i have wasted alot of money in the past with constant corgi re-hashes and i know that alot of these models are from previously used moulds, but hey, where else can you get film specific models made this good for this price......and a mag too......yes, i do have a bit of space, now that i have cleared out alot of old models.........i know the series has gone on for a while, but i think us bond fans are really lucky to have these cars...........now that eaglemoss are in the chair, the quality has seemed to have improved and i for one cant wait for the dodge ambulance..........maybe a lazer cannon!!!.....has anyone got the ambulance yet?
    Your typing style is hypnotic.. Is it some kind of secret code? Should we count the dots??? Or am i watching too many spy movies?!!!
  • thank you, you are too kind........no, but i might develop it now........by all means, let me know how you get on........yes, no doubt about it.......lol