James Bond Car Collection

Comments

Samuel001 wrote:
    Today, I received issues 122 and 123. Great cars. At last another vehicle from From Russia With Love.

Can you post any picks samuel? Out of curiosity is the order on wikipedia a running record of the order we will receive the cars in? What will we get in issue 124? I won't get 122 for atleast another 2 & 1/2 weeks. With alot of luck it will also be 123 also but i doubt it?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The Wikipedia order is correct. Pictures, I hope, to post soon.
    scotty8692 wrote:
    I wonder how long the website will stay up after the collection finishes? There's quite a few issues/models I'd like to buy, but for various reasons, not going to buy them at the moment.

The collection won't end until March, so you've got plenty of time to buy your back issues yet.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Mercedes 200D:

KGr_Hq_R_hw_E_yfn9h_Iv_BQCWS_MPkg_60_12.jpg

Plymouth Savoy Taxi:

T2e_C16_N_zc_E9s4g0_ZUBQCWN_INUw_60_12.jpg

Mercedes looks great with the snow-chains around the rear wheels, let's hope for better pictures soon :D
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Issues 122 and 123 arrived this morning.
    MartinBond wrote:
    Mercedes 200D:

KGr_Hq_R_hw_E_yfn9h_Iv_BQCWS_MPkg_60_12.jpg

Plymouth Savoy Taxi:

T2e_C16_N_zc_E9s4g0_ZUBQCWN_INUw_60_12.jpg

Mercedes looks great with the snow-chains around the rear wheels, let's hope for better pictures soon :D

Thanks for posting pictures MartinBond, but for some reason i am unable to open them?
    edited July 2012 Posts: 370
    I forgot to say, the next car is the one from LALD that took Bond from the airport into New York, you know, the one he ends up driving from the back seat after the driver is killed by the 'pimpmobile'. I always liked that car so I'm looking forward to it.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 858
    JBCC_Merc.jpg
    I just found a picture that shows the great amount of detail that went into the snowchains. also really excited to finally see the Bel Air appearing, will definately pick that one up.
    Found Orlov's Volga waiting for me in the mailbox when I came back from my vacations last sunday. Nice model.
    Got back from a short break to see my new magazine holder and issue 122! It appears people who go through their newsagent will be getting there models every 2 weeks! :D :-bd
    Received issue 122 (the Mercedes 200D from FYEO) today. Lovely car. I loved the attention to details (the chains on the rear wheels). I didn't like the absence of a figure. I know, we should be accustomed to that by now, but it's still infuriating, and it's not as if said figures were easy to find.
    If anyone in the Belfast area is looking for models to fill gaps in their collection then check out the Cash Converters shop. They had lots today, still sealed in their bubbles, for £6 each.
  • Is this still going on? D:

I stopped getting these a good year ago now. They were far too expensive.
    DamnCoffee wrote:
    Is this still going on? D:

I stopped getting these a good year ago now. They were far too expensive.

They certainly are! I am expecting 124 next week! They are allegedly finishing at 140! 8-}
    I've just received the Plymouth Savoy. Nice car, if you're a fan of american cars or taxis. Less so if you're only a Bond fan. Still, good to have in your collection. Now for issue 124, and that one is interesting, due to the scene it's featured in.
    Just recieved 124! Great model, love these 70's cars. The backdrop is Brooklyn bridge AND i am amazed to say............? That we have a driver and a passenger in the back, representing Bond and Charlie. At last we have a good model with some figures in it!!! :-bd
    Just one question: what will be issue 125 ?

(Yes, I know, I may be too impatient, but that's normal for a fan, right ? Right ?)
    The Dodge Ram from Licence To Kill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_Car_Collection
    Gerard wrote:
    Just one question: what will be issue 125 ?

(Yes, I know, I may be too impatient, but that's normal for a fan, right ? Right ?)

That's right as samuel has written above. The running order is on wikipedia but as of yet there is no news on the models from 136 to 140?
    Issues 124 and 125 arrived today.
    Mine as well. The truck is missing a wiper. I might get in touch with them about a replacement.

Oh, both vehicles have figures!
    And from what I'vbe heard, 126 will be the flower truck from FRWL. Yay !
    Yes, it is the flower truck.
    Hopefully there will be Bond in it? and Tatiana in the back among the flowers? [-O<
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Hopefully there will be Bond in it? and Tatiana in the back among the flowers? [-O<

Now that would be something to see - probably the usual deal with pic of them on back drop - nice touch would be the flowers in the back
    Received the Bel Air today. For thse of you who, like me, class their cars by film, by scenes, and by order of appearance, the place to put it is just before the Corvorado (which we see on the card tailing the Bel Air, while we see the Bel Air in the back of the card for the Corvorado).
    edited September 2012 Posts: 370
    There's a new partwork out now on military helicopters. The models are partly diecast and are at 1:72 scale.

I mention it here because one of the models appears to be a Eurocopter Tigre as seen in GoldenEye. You can get a glimpse of it in the advert on www.helicopter-magazine.com.
    Received issue 125 today which was the Dodge Ram. Pretty nice model actually! Next up is the Flower truck in FRWL! I have high hopes for this model! Just hope i am not left disappointed in 2 weeks time? [-O<
    I've received the Dodge Ram yeterday afternoon. However, I have a little question: should I place it before or after the Maserati ? Can anyone answer my query ? Thanks by advance.
    I can't believe this is still going on! You people must have lots of money because I had to quit after issue 8, and got others from places like ebay and collectors shops. I salute all of you who are still going with this!
    $T2eC16FHJF8E9nnC6MRnBQShnR(IvQ~~60_12.JPG

No flowers, unfortunately...